Important: Server migration

The bloodbowl servers will be down until Monday/Tuesday next week as they migrate the server. http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/view...php?f=4&t=2533

As i've mentioned elsewhere the new server will give the opportunity to spectate games :)

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    The bloodbowl servers will be down until Monday/Tuesday next week as they migrate the server. http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/view...php?f=4&t=2533

As i've mentioned elsewhere the new server will give the opportunity to spectate games :)
    I guess that means that league deadlines will have to be pushed...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looks like the existing servers have just crashed too. I was booted in the middle of a game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Okay so the beta update it now live, you need to opt-in to the "Beta PyLobby" beta via Steam, the password is cyanide. Allegedly the results will carry over if there are no major bugs (haha!) but you may or may not want to risk playing a DoD or Open game until the final update is properly released.

The Live spectating is kind of rubbish in that it's not actually live, it dumps you at the start of the match like a replay would.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's also worth noting that Loukas has announced that matches which were played but awaiting validation prior to the migration will be lost - they will need to be either replayed or adminned.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Won't be an issue. I thought it was almost certain that would be the case so made a point of validating all outstanding games on Thursday morning so unless anyone slipped a game in during the few hours between then and the server going down at lunchtime we should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Okay so the beta update it now live, you need to opt-in to the "Beta PyLobby" beta via Steam, the password is cyanide. Allegedly the results will carry over if there are no major bugs (haha!) but you may or may not want to risk playing a DoD or Open game until the final update is properly released.

The Live spectating is kind of rubbish in that it's not actually live, it dumps you at the start of the match like a replay would.
    You can use the + and - keys to speed and slow the action so you can catch up to the live play. Think I actually prefer it this way as you can walk into a game in progress and get yourself up to speed with whats happened. I wouldn't recommend playing any league matches until it goes live - too high a risk of results getting wiped.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Won't be an issue. I thought it was almost certain that would be the case so made a point of validating all outstanding games on Thursday morning so unless anyone slipped a game in during the few hours between then and the server going down at lunchtime we should be fine.
    Awesome Zor, it never even crossed my mind... Glad you caught the outstanding games! Thanks fella.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That is indeed amazing - thanks Zoraster!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Soooo, whats the consensus on playing DoD games as a 'beta' groovy? Are we holding off on trying it?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Latest word I've heard is they are 'relatively confident' they won't have to reset but that doesn't exactly inspire confidence :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    hrmmmmmmmmm

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    When do they stop being "relatively confident" and actually say "these are the official servers now, they're up and running"? Is there a deadline for this?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    On the official forums it looks like they might be ready and officially re-opened as early as this afternoon.

Also there is a thread on the BBTactics forum tracking the bugs through this process.
    Last edited by Screwie; 15-01-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The BBtactics boys have really nailed this one it seems. They've done a huge amount of testing and uncovered all sorts of bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    The BBtactics boys have really nailed this one it seems. They've done a huge amount of testing and uncovered all sorts of bugs.
    I think you can rephrase that as "Gallows Bait has really nailed this one. Everyone else just happened to be there"

We are back in business!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Apparently they've found a bug with league calendars and results this morning. Loukas is saying that it should be fixed this morning but it would be better if we didn't validate results or forward days until it's sorted. BBtactics has full details.