Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    ¬_¬

/10char
    Hey, he can grab an Aghanim's Scepter and do the heavy lifting. It's a matter of hiding your strategy. Pair it with a harassing Drow with Frost Arrows, and you could do damage...

(Am I serious or not? I'm not sure)

Hi there, I have been roped in, and despite posting comments to RPS for some time, I've never been involved in the forum before. I am also part of the Sponge / Flax / Coccyx collective, and look forward to making you visit the respawn queue in the near future. :)

Obscure Node
    I was just wondering what server this would be played on.

It'll be on the European server
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Obscure Node
    would it be possible to play on the US East server against my team since it's between US West and Europe?

Oh yeah, I see what you mean. Sure, that's fine, if a team is non-European then we'll find a way to level out the ping issues. Could people please add next to their team sign up where in the world they are if they're not in Europe, so we accommodate an extra 15 minutes of pre-game time to server and ping faffing?
    - Wizardry

If the vast majority of the RPS readership, teams etc are all EU, why are we doing a game on USE? It's not what happens when there's US tournament entries by the EU, we don't suddenly switch it over there either. Deal with being the HPB's for a change?

I don't actually mind playing on USE (I queue there a lot) but it just seems a little hilarious that we'd shift a primarily EU orientated tournament to accomodate the US simply because it's the US.

If it's possible to get similar pings for all ten players then I don't mind where the server is really
    - Wizardry

Can I get the team captains that are signed up so far to PM me their email addresses please?
    - Wizardry

Obscure Node
    Well I actually didn't know that this tournament was basically a Euro tournament. Just found out yesterday from all of the locations on your profiles. xP

Obscure Node
    oh yea. about the question that was asked before about the level of play... So what would you classify "amateur" as for this tournament? My team is mostly 700-1000+ hours of dota each so I'm just wondering what you consider to be amateur

For this first tournament, let's not worry about what we're classing as amateur. Team Zoidberg, Mid AND Feed and your own team are clearly far better than most of us (especially me) but that's fine, I'm not intending to host something that I've gimped to exclude good teams. This tournament is the beginning of a bigger plan that I've got cooking and, eventually, I hope to be able to match people better to their own ability levels. Until we get there though, I'm just going to have to get stomped over by much better players.
    - Wizardry

Activated Node
    So how do admins even work? I can't find such an option in the Lobby.

The admins will be players sitting in a broadcaster slot in the lobby, just to make sure that everything gets started properly,so communicate with the captains and have access to the pause function. There'll be other information for the admin roles, but I'll write about that this afternoon.
    - Wizardry

Activated Node
    So I did some more matches. Turns out I'm more of an amateur than I thought. Perfect fit for the tournament! :D

I assume we're going to play Captain's Mode?

First post updated
    - Wizardry

Activated Node
    How will the game dates be determined? My team has concerns about not being available... But since this is a long-time thing, I guess we'll first determine who'll play and then look for a date where they're both available?

Ok, so basically a week before the event starts, I'll put up the group brackets and a spread sheet where -after the captains have agreed on a time - teams book a time slot, once they've booked it and alerted an admin, a caster and an admin will be assigned to that timeslot. After this point, the game is booked in. If there are any problems up to 24 hours before, get in touch with the admin of the game and let them know, then contact the caster and other team captain to arrange another time. If an alternate time can't be accomadoted, then the team will have to forfeit the game. There will be a rule about lateness and forfeiting but I've not worked out that detail yet.

TL;DR you'll have a week to arrange the group matches and their times, and captains are responsible for ensuring that their teams are ready and available for the games.
    - Wizardry

Obscure Node
    Hm. Really interested in competing in a Dota 2 amateur tournament at the moment but there are a number of factors working at me at the moment (Fact that I only have a MacBook Air at the moment (separated from my intense gaming PC for the time being, as it is in a different location), just 2 players out of 5 (have 2 more that might be able to join if they get better computers).)

Would love to participate in one during the summer if there is a second round during that time period.

There almost certainly will be :) If you check the spreadsheet in the first post, there's a list of other players looking for a team
    - Wizardry