Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Addict View Post
    What TZ are you in mate?
    EU CET (and apparently you are not allowed to have messages shorter than 10 characters)

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom OBedlam View Post
    Still looking for admins, there are now around one hundred players involved and there's still five days left to register.
    Can casters be admins? (That is, while casting. The same game.) If so, I'd happily admin as well, since as a caster I should be keeping a close eye on the game anyway.
    Last edited by mrwonko; 22-01-2013 at 06:35 PM.

I'm signed up with my team and to cast, but I'd be happy to do some admin-ing if that's needed.

Hey there! I'm currently trying to assemble a team for this tourney out of the Ronin list of the spreadsheet. If you want to join the team please holler at me over RPS messaging or add me on steam: WinstonBorges. Our team is going to be great and we're gonna murder a bunch of people.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonBorges View Post
    Our team is going to be great and we're gonna murder a bunch of people.
    And in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by mrwonko View Post
    Can casters be admins? (That is, while casting. The same game.) If so, I'd happily admin as well, since as a caster I should be keeping a close eye on the game anyway.
    Yeah, totally, that works fine.

@nyanpudge that would great if you could, that will give us a few US admins as well, which means if Americans are playing Americans, I can go to bed at hours humans were intended to.
    Last edited by Tom OBedlam; 22-01-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Is the tourney only on the weekends?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by FierySnake View Post
    Is the tourney only on the weekends?
    That would be fantastic as my whole team is in high school and it may be hard to schedule a time.

No, it will be taking place on any day of the week, but as teams are scheduling there own game times, that shpuld make it a bit easier for people to coordinate.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Incidentally, I'm sure everyone in Mid AND Feed would cast if they're not in a game, we're a pretty vocal lot anyway. :)

Activated Node
    I added myself as an admin, I don't know how easy it will be while also playing and casting but I will try my best.

Obscure Node
    After watching me play with/against some RPSers from the Mumble yesterday, one of my team members now reckons he shouldn't participate since he feels he's too good, resulting in a game that'd neither be fun (stomping is boring) for him nor the opposition (being stomped sucks). Since two other team members are roughly his skill level as well and consequently might leave, too (we'll need to talk about that), the team composition might change considerably (I do know a couple of people who could replace them though).

So basically my question is this: Can the teams change after registration closes or do we have to sort this out before then?

Oh, and one more thing: Said friend would also like to cast with me. Being German we wonder if there's be enough demand for German casting or if we should stick to English (which wouldn't be a problem for either of us). Any feedback on that?

I'm probably going to set up a team for this too. Will post about it on the RPS Dota steam group.

Activated Node
    I'd like to sign up as a ronin please. I'm in EST, have vent, TS etc. About 1200 games under my belt, in the matchmaker I'm on the "high" level.

Activated Node
    I would like to sign up as a ronin as well. I couldn't find the "Ronin" spot on the spreadsheet, but I would really like to participate in the tournament. I'm EST, but I only have about 80-100 hours in the game so far. If any teams are interested please let me know.

Will we be able to watch the games with casting afterwards (not just gameplay footage)? If so where will the videos be hosted?
    Last edited by Atrophy; 25-01-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Activated Node
    Atrophy it's in the bottom left, there's 4 tabs. Took me a while to spot in as well.

Activated Node
    I dont know if this violates the spirit of the tournament but now that dotabuff ratings are up and running (you can see your own on dotabuff.com if you are logged in), it might be benedicial to include that information for rhonins since it would allow teams to pick up people pn their skill level.

Obscure Node
    Worth reminding people to make sure you set your API info to public if you want Dotabuff to continue providing meaningful statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Worth reminding people to make sure you set your API info to public if you want Dotabuff to continue providing meaningful statistics.
    Still, DBR and other statistics won't be as accurate as they are now, since many people will leave it at "private".

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojav View Post
    Still, DBR and other statistics won't be as accurate as they are now, since many people will leave it at "private".
    True. I hope Dotabuff can get some dialogue with Valve over this as seems it took everyone by surprise, and just as some cool new features were added to Dotabuff.