Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonko View Post
    After watching me play with/against some RPSers from the Mumble yesterday, one of my team members now reckons he shouldn't participate since he feels he's too good, resulting in a game that'd neither be fun (stomping is boring) for him nor the opposition (being stomped sucks). Since two other team members are roughly his skill level as well and consequently might leave, too (we'll need to talk about that), the team composition might change considerably (I do know a couple of people who could replace them though).

So basically my question is this: Can the teams change after registration closes or do we have to sort this out before then?

Oh, and one more thing: Said friend would also like to cast with me. Being German we wonder if there's be enough demand for German casting or if we should stick to English (which wouldn't be a problem for either of us). Any feedback on that?
    Hey, sorry I didn't see this.

I wouldn't worry about how good your friend is, we have teams of all ability levels entered. While there are squishes like me, there are also teams with several hundred wins per player. The group phases will likely be a glorious nightmare, but the elimination phase will be showcasing the top eight teams in the event, so -whatever you do - don't let him leave!

As for German language casting, this something that I'm really interested in doing actually. If we have enough casters who can/want to cast in German then I'll set up an Absolute Bedlam DE channel on twitch. Primarily, casting should be english (for maximum accessibility, but If there is another caster already, then Offering German casting would be great!
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Activated Node
    Thanks for the help, I managed to find it then. :)

When registration ends I'll locking down the team section of the spreadsheet. Until the 3rd you may be able to change team composition, but you'll need to contact me to do it. Once I've published the tournament brackets though, it would be unfair to let teams change around.
    - Wizardry

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom OBedlam View Post
    Hey, sorry I didn't see this.
    That was probably because it was in moderation for a while.

I wouldn't worry about how good your friend is, we have teams of all ability levels entered. While there are squishes like me, there are also teams with several hundred wins per player. The group phases will likely be a glorious nightmare, but the elimination phase will be showcasing the top eight teams in the event, so -whatever you do - don't let him leave!
    We've already talked about it some more and he said he'll stay in the team but only play if we need a 5th player.

As for German language casting, this something that I'm really interested in doing actually. If we have enough casters who can/want to cast in German then I'll set up an Absolute Bedlam DE channel on twitch. Primarily, casting should be english (for maximum accessibility, but If there is another caster already, then Offering German casting would be great!
    Sounds good to me.

When registration ends I'll locking down the team section of the spreadsheet. Until the 3rd you may be able to change team composition, but you'll need to contact me to do it. Once I've published the tournament brackets though, it would be unfair to let teams change around.
    Sounds good as well.

Obscure Node
    Team Eulotrash is up for some practice matches. Is anyone up for some CM, just to get a bit of experience with this kind of nonsense before it gets going?

Activated Node
    Unless your friend is batting a 2000+ DBR and is used to carrying a team single handedly, I don't think he has anything to worry about. I'd expect at least 4-5 teams to shake out in the Platinum range, so there should be decent games for him at some point.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    Team Eulotrash is up for some practice matches. Is anyone up for some CM, just to get a bit of experience with this kind of nonsense before it gets going?
    Sure, PM me or look me up on the sheet and we can try to organize a scrim.

Activated Node
    On an unrelated note, good luck to Pyrion Flax in todays Staff Tournament.

Just a reminder that registration closes tonight!

edit: TOMORROW NIGHT REGISTRATION ENDS TOMORROW BECAUSE TOM DOES NOT UNDERSTAND CALENDERS
    Last edited by Tom OBedlam; 27-01-2013 at 03:54 PM.
    - Wizardry

Obscure Node
    I am in! I would like to create a team but I am looking for people to be on it, currently I believe I have about 2 people already!

Anyone who is interested, hit me up on steam!

Steam: Zetchy

Quote Originally Posted by Zetchy View Post
    I am in! I would like to create a team but I am looking for people to be on it, currently I believe I have about 2 people already!

Anyone who is interested, hit me up on steam!

Steam: Zetchy
    Excellent stuff! If you have a look on the spreadsheet, you'll find a list of Ronins, players who are looking for a team. Good luck!
    - Wizardry

Obscure Node
    I would also be perfectly content in joining someone's team

I'm a decently skilled player who specializes in carrying but can play support all the same :)

I am familiar with (just about) all the heroes, so I can play anyone you need me to :D

Only two spaces left!

EDIT: STRIKE MY LAST

We now have thirty-two teams!
    Last edited by Tom OBedlam; 27-01-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    - Wizardry

Obscure Node
    Wow, we actually got up to 32 teams - that's an ideal size, being a power of 2.

Obscure Node
    So I can't play? :(

Oh well

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetchy View Post
    So I can't play? :(

Oh well
    You might be able to join one of the 32 teams.

Looks like it wasn't such a good idea waiting till the last possible moment. We've signed up for what it's worth though!

Activated Node
    There will probably be a few dropouts. both in terms of players and teams.

Obscure Node
    Couldn't you guys just increase the amount of teams so we can all get to play? :o

Network Hub
    Slightly off topic but what is if with the weird patching? it downloads and patches in little bits instead of just downloading the whole patch and installing it. It locks up my whole system until it finishes. Really strange.