Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar

Abraham Lincoln's Crossroads (vaguely disconcerting Flash game)

http://constitutioncenter.org/lincoln/flash/index.html

Here. It's a game about trying to tell Abraham Lincoln to do what he was gonna do anyway. I think it's from 2005.

I know it starts out a little slow -- give it a chance, for your own edification. Spare 2 minutes and play through a couple of questions. Note the craftsmanship. Take time to admire the novocaine-growly voice of Lincoln, the way his staring eyes follow your every move, his penchant for sliiiding onscreen and peeking out of windows, and the wacky shoulder-angels at the heart of the game's design.

You're welcome.

(The link above is for the broadband version. Here's the main page for the game, the banner image of which further emphasizes that Abraham Lincoln is the sort of guy who is probably spying on you through a hedgerow RIGHT NOW: http://constitutioncenter.org/lincoln/#)

P.S. Oh, of course, it was the Children of Liberty post on the front page that reminded me to share this with all you all.
    Last edited by Berzee; 11-01-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Can't be worse then Lincoln The Vampire Hunter right,right ?!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I haven't seen that movie, but I suppose not. ;) Indeed I find that this game does a pioneering job of slipping a subtle 1% of uncanny surreality which makes me feel like the game might be playing a sort of trick on me.

(The spinning heads are a more brazen form of zanyness, but they are only a red herring so you don't notice Mr. Lincoln sneaking up on you).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I like how his eyes follow the cursor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    I haven't seen that movie, but I suppose not. ;)
    That's one of the most fun movies of 2012!

I'll say the craftsmanship is pretty damn good. I know historians utterly detest alternate history on some primal level, so expansion on wrong answers isn't something viable, but I'd have liked to see the shoulder egos be given a minute to fervently argue their cases. And of course give them flappy heads as they talk.