Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

Source 2 presentation leak, probably Left 4 Dead 3

This NeoGAF poster's leaks are almost always confirmed since 2005.
    Check this thread.

Well that's about it. Maybe he'll post more later lol.
    Last edited by SirKicksalot; 27-01-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Does that necessarily mean L4D3? It looks like they just used an L4D2 map as a reference, likely because it was one of Valve's more recent developmenty deals and they still have the highest detail reference footage. And using City 17 wouldn't let them show off plants and shit.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

...also any content that looked even remotely like Half-life would cause the internet to explode.

Quite pretty engine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Dammit, I was going to post that prior connection but went for dinner first! I wanted to look like the smarty pants! Grrrrrr.

I mean I'm not at all surprised, apart from the obvious jokes of counting to 3. I also love one of the tags for this thread is "edward snowden".
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Heh, fair enough. I tend to tune those out. Because of course they are working on that, just like they are working on Half-Life 3. But it is Valve, we'll never see a completed version as they spend WAY too much time iterating on things.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Hot damn, that looks very nice.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Network Hub
    A zombie sequel, shocking. Truly Valve are the saviours of games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    This one will be set on an island and you have to battle other survivors for supplies. Unfortunately due to the lame power of the source engine, the island will only be a few hundred feet across. On the positives you'll be able to customise your appearance with all these wacky doohickeys we'll be selling.

Zombies they never get old..ever (cos they're dead :D).
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    It might just beceause the L4D team was originally not from Valve, and made L4D2 specifically as an experiment to see if they could produce an high quality game within a certain timeframe. I have a pet theory that the L4D-Original guys are the only ones that ensure that Valve actually releases any games :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    It might just beceause the L4D team was originally not from Valve, and made L4D2 specifically as an experiment to see if they could produce an high quality game within a certain timeframe. I have a pet theory that the L4D-Original guys are the only ones that ensure that Valve actually releases any games :P.
    Turtle Rock are working on Evolve.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    The shot looks... actually I thought it was just some relatively rough concept art rather than an example of what the real-time rendering engine can do. Not sure how to feel about that. Some things look nice but I don't know... perhaps I just don't like the art, but it doesn't look like the best thing to show off the engine IMO.

Hopefully they've learned their lesson from Source and have scrapped their ridiculous content pipeline in favour of something halfway sane. Source was a joke when it came to getting content into the engine.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Source's pipeline was absolute misery.

Luckily the people at Valve have all used UDK and Unity by now and won't make it a nightmare again.

Unless they're really stupid. (they're not)

It's from 2011. It looks very close to the original concept art.
    In other news, CBOAT's identity was exposed. At least he went out in a blaze of glory, posting one more image...

... and confirming that this is real:

Ah, what the hell sort of language is CBOAT actually using? Is he an alien?
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Can't be quoted by journalists and makes it impossible to figure out his identity based on writing patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    It's from 2011. It looks very close to the original concept art.
    In other news, CBOAT's identity was exposed. At least he went out in a blaze of glory, posting one more image...
    Do you have a link to a story on his identity being exposed and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Can't be quoted by journalists and makes it impossible to figure out his identity based on writing patterns.
    Huh! That makes a huge amount of sense, actually.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Do you have a link to a story on his identity being exposed and the like?
    You can find a slightly wrong and extremely biased story on the misterxmedia livejournal.

Or you can read my version of the events:
    - CBOAT fucked up by uploading the initial imgur screenshot from his dropbox
    - some guy on NeoGAF discovered the link between the two
    - the dropbox belongs to another NeoGAF user, a German indie dev
    - mods delete the incriminating posts
    - the German guy panics, nukes his dropbox and edits old posts containing links to it
    - idiots like misterxmedia ("insider" with pro-Microsoft stance), Kevin Dent, /r/XboxOne and Opa-Ages (NeoGAF splinter consisting mainly of bitter, banned users) put a spin on this: they claim the German guy is a NeoGAF moderator, he has links to Valve and that Valve may have a hand in the anti-Xbone movement. Xbox fanatics HATE NeoGAF because of what they believe to be a pro-Sony stance. CBOAT posted mostly Microsoft stuff for years there, and he was almost always right, but these guys claim he's a fraud. 2013 was an especially good year for CBOAT. His leaks were very damaging to the Xbone brand, and so he attracted a ton of hate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Left 4 Dead 2 don't interest me. I like the original characters, and the '2 ones are boring to me. On top of that theres something wrong on the game balance and weapons, I can't put the finger on it. Everything else is probably better.