Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winter Blues

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by typomatic View Post
    Spineless coward, check. But valor is not on the prerequisites for ruling Hell, thankfully.
    As long as you are popular, your head is not on a pike and no-one is a kingmaker against you... You are a shoe in.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Looking pretty grim for me.

The vultures have finished circling and are now eating my brains through an eye socket. Shame they won't find much to gobble

Network Hub
    Typomatic, we need your turn!

Network Hub
    Can anyone get a hold of Harboiled? He's close to being AI'd (sigh)

Network Hub
    Yea I'm not exactly in a great position here but I'd much rather play a losing game with real people.

Network Hub
    Good to see Hardboiled woke up in time :-)

Interesting turn...this changes a LOT.

Got some bad news I'm afraid, I'm probably moving house on Friday, but still haven't managed to sort out my Broadband...

Could be tricky to get somewhere with internet and my laptop, but will definitely try. If you give me 24 hours after the last person has submitted the turn to try and connect, I'd be grateful.

Don't want to go AI, but keeping you all constantly waiting would be even more unfair.

If I don't manage to finish, thanks for participating in my first multiplayer, it's certainly been enlightening, if not successful!

Network Hub
    Don't worry, I'll give you some time to post your turns (within reason). :-) Thanks for the heads-up!

Network Hub
    Waiting for Hardboiled again...

got some hotpost access for a limited time per day for a few days, hopefully enough to get internet access sorted :)

Network Hub
    Good to hear! Thanks for posting so quickly. :-)

Activated Node
    Please don't AI me!

Had a computer issue but back now

Need to reinstalled drop box I'll make my move tonight if its not too late

Sorry I was late.

Away in Devon, thought there was wifi, but not even 3g, felt like the stone ages!

Network Hub
    Getting my turn in tonight. Sorry for the hold up. I didn't even get to turn the computer on last night.

Just like to say that despite my miserable performance, I've really enjoyed my first multiplayer go at Solium.

Learnt far more than I ever did playing the single player mode, thanks for sorting it all out Rinox, just hoping I can manage to avoid last place!!

Network Hub
    I think you managed to do it Chops! Thanks for staying on as a reliable player even after your wings had been clipped quite brutally by me and Machiavella.

So we know the winner now - Creme de Morte! He overcome the sudden loss of the Garden of Infernal Delight + 2 relics, which is quite impressive. I can't begin to imagine the staggering amount of tribute income he must have had to keep up those Burnt Offerings rituals though. :-/ I guess it kept him from using all that tribute to annoy us, though.

I am quite happy with my game, although I do feel I could have gotten a little bit more out of it. I'll start with the most surprising fact: at no point in the game I had more than 2 order slots. :-D I started with a very crippled build charisma-wise, and I never really overcame that because it was all hands on deck against first Machiavella and then Creme de Morte almost from the get go.

I also wasted a lot of effort and tribute on a vicious early-game vendetta with Dweeb, which probably didn't help either of our games in the long run. Sorry for that Darkweeble - I just wanted to get some quick prestige from a conceded demand! (I was rocking the Bully trait).

Towards the end of the game, me and Dweeb were working towards forging a blood lord/vassal union, which involved me taking a large number of cantons asap. We managed to do it, but because of him being tangled up in demands at the end of the game he couldn't petition me for blood vassal in time. :-( A crying shame, because his prestige would have dragged me past Creme de Morte in the final prestige score! ALso, Chops (Brocklehurst) refused to accept my whispers in his ear to become my blood vassal, which would have been a lot easier as he had almost no territory left.

How did you guys' games go? Thanks for playing everyone!!

Network Hub
    Yea I was in a great place until I lost my Chosen to you in that Vendetta, Rinox. It was all over for me after that. It's a real shame we couldn't buddy up in time, too. Well played to all!

Activated Node
    phew! great game!

it wasnt until half way that i realised i could actually have a shot at winning just with my relics and pops so i just sat on them trying to look innocent while looting vaults to boost my charisma. it was working too until somebody robbed me of the garden of delights and the relics within - a great move btw i was crying tears of blood for days.

when i realised i stood no chance of getting any of it back i just pumped my minions for tribute and chucked it all at burnt offerings. at one point i had around 60 of each type and with 3 orders i could request two lots a turn and cast a ritual as well as concede all the demands.

militarily it was a failure - i achieved nothing but hopefully made myself not look too appealing a target - i had the orb of oblivion lurking in a vault in case rinox' chosen wanted a fight but that was about my only option.

i thought rinox was out of it towards the end but he clearly had things going on behind the scenes. i was more worried machavellia in possession of my favourite relic raking in the prestige every round and when that curse of diabolism hit it was touch or go as i coulnt get enough souls to complete the ritual.

was sad to see chops fall so low - not surprising really though after i took a particularly tasty bunch of tribute from his vault early on.

thoroughly enjoyed the game. thanks for playing. chuffed i managed to steal the victory!

and thanks rinox for sorting it all out. nice work!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Naawww I was hoping to at least come second but well played all! Drinks are on Hardboiled since you have all the tribute

Congrats all those above me, dirty jeers to Dweeb!!

Yeah, Hardboiled robbing me of 9 of each resource I had just consolidated into one card was a blow that could not have been better timed to crush me, coming right before a whole host of insults and demands I could barely pay off.

A broke demon lord might as well live in the gutter, so that's where I stayed, slowly building my stats back to a level where I thought I could cause problems for any opposition with rituals, refusing the catamite option dangled suggestively before me by Rinox. Not even enough land to buy more legions, not sure how I managed to build up any prestige, maybe it was just stable...

Thanks again all. Would definitely be up for playing again if it comes to it.