Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

DOTA 2 fun tournament trial run this week - submit your team!

DOTA 2 RPS Mini Tournament

This thread is for a mini DOTA 2 tournament for a bit of fun over the next couple of weeks run for RPS readers in general and RPS' Casual DOTA Chums steam group (join us for daily chilled out games!). We're hoping to use this tournament as a trial run, learn from it and then help out everyone running the larger scale tournament later in February. At the top of this post is the current action and further down you can see the rules.

Match History

20/01/2013 Bulletin of the Atomic Scientist stood valiantly before the unstoppable might of Team Zoidberg and put up an excellent defence, most especially so when considered in light of the difference in number of matches played.

19/01/2013 The almighty Team Zoidberg dominated poor old Team Clockwerk Orange with a rather scary score by the mid game! replay file here.

17/01/2013 Team Clockwerk Orange beat down Team Building Materials through far superior team fight ability! We're actually rather bitter about this one. Darn that tidehunter ulti, grrr.

16/01/2013 Team Cobra Cocks were just about beaten by Team Building Materials! Well played everyone. Wildcard stood in for Ace and played a brilliant Luna. We felt like we were losing at first but a stunning performance by Micro with Naga and a huge quantity of slow and stun managed to give us an edge after well placed ultimates from lich and dark seer turned the game around.

12/01/2013 Team Zoidberg had an absolutely incredible match against Cobra Cocks! Some great teamplay secured a second victory for team Zoidberg! Replay file here and youtube videos cast by Hex and Fate.

10/01/2013 Team Building Materials were crushed beneath the might of Team Zoidberg. Replay file here and youtube here.

(Note: see the bottom of this post for instructions on opening the replay .dem files*)

Teams

Team Building Materials Points: 4
    Hexagonalbolts (same name on Steam)
    CircularScrews (same name on Steam)
    Micro 1¾ Laminated Lumber Planks (formerly Micro Pigs)
    Fate Amenable to Concrete (formerly Fate Amenable to Change)
    8x4x2 Brick (formerly Ace_1991)

Mid AND Feed Points: 0
    Sponge
    Shockwave
    Coccyx
    BLUE.Aardvark
    Pyrion Flax

Team Brocrates Points: 0
    Jeeshus Christ (same name on steam)
    Brocrates
    Classy Laeffy
    Wildcard [UK]
    MrMud

Cobra Cocks Points: 2
    Jacque ('[CC] Just Jacque' on steam)
    Nashua
    Vimesey
    Soriasku
    TC-14

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientist Points: 1
    Tom O'Bedlam (same name on steam)
    Dartt
    RossCo
    Quinns
    Davenotdave

Noobs Inc. Points: 0
    Fiyenyaa (same name on steam)
    Easy
    Bilbo
    Kinshino
    BeardOfBees

Team Fabulous Points: 0
    Likpose
    Tonven
    Schmied
    Lord Xenu
    Rehaon

Team Clockwerk Orange Points: 3
    Bowlsoldier (same name on steam)
    Nackertash
    Awesomeish
    Pankracy
    Smuggo

Team Zoidberg Points: 8
    Koojav (same name on steam)
    ifthechild
    penguin.
    Tzukimi
    Tyheam

Matches

- Get together a team of five and submit it on this thread. Late team entrants still accepted.
    - The teams arrange matches between themselves. Include your steam name in your team post so that other teams can contact you and arrange matches.
    - Post your match times here in advance so that spectators can join if they wish.
    - Post your match results in this thread afterwards.

Rules

- Game Mode: Captains Mode.
    - Handicapping: If one team is obviously more experienced than another then you are heavily encouraged to pick stupid characters and/or take a handicap in the name of fun.
    - Scoring: Whoever has the most points at the end wins. A win counts as 2 points and a loss counts as 1 point, therefore the more games you play the better. You are only allowed to play against each team once. I will keep up-to-date results of games in this post.
    - Player Swapping: In the name of balance and convenience you are allowed to swap out one player in your team as long as the other team agrees to the new player (this is for when, for example, one player is unable to make the match or for helping out if there is a big skill imbalance between teams).
    - Dates: For now you have until (oh sod it) the end of january.
    - Fun: If possible, try and get a mixture of ability levels in your team. No raging allowed. Enjoy yourselves!

------------

*how to open .dem files in DotA2

-Copy .dem file to
    Code:
    \Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota
    -Open console (must be enabled in either autoexec.cfg or by adding -console in startup parameters)
    -Type playdemo NAME, in this case: playdemo 98263274
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 21-01-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Will be looking forward to it. I am a solo player so i would like to join a team. If you want me, then add me on steam - TomatuAlus

Edit: Team Building Materials is now full and is as follows!

HexagonalBolts
    CircularScrews
    2x4 BlocksOfWood (formally Micro Pigs)
    Fate Amenable to Concrete (formally Fate Amenable to Change)
    8x4x2 Brick (formally Ace_1991)
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 09-01-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Obscure Node
    I'm interested! Sounds like a nice way of bringing together more Casual Dota Chums, practicing playing as a team (I hear it's all the rage) and generally getting more games of Dota 2 happening.

Quote Originally Posted by hexagonalbolts View Post
    By the way me, CircularScrews, Micro Piglets (2x4 BlocksOfWood) and Fate Amenable to Change (Fate Amenable to Concrete) are looking for a fifth member to join Team Building Materials for this :)
    I would most definitely love to join you guys, I'm somewhat competent. My name is Maniac and I'm in the chums-group, so go ahead and add me and we can play a few matches to see if I'm a fit, if you'd be willing, anyway. In the case thats a no-go, I'm definitely looking for a team. I really only have two mates that play the game that I could play with, thus if anyone needs a fifth, I'm here to serve.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerian View Post
    I would most definitely love to join you guys, I'm somewhat competent. My name is Maniac and I'm in the chums-group, so go ahead and add me and we can play a few matches to see if I'm a fit, if you'd be willing, anyway. In the case thats a no-go, I'm definitely looking for a team. I really only have two mates that play the game that I could play with, thus if anyone needs a fifth, I'm here to serve.
    Haha we've filled up the building materials team already I'm afraid! But dude, if you only have two people who you play with then come and play some games with the Chums! I've set up an event as part of the group so that people can create some teams at 7.30pm tonight (anyone else reading this is welcome to join the group / come on the mumble and see if we can get you set up with some teams). I will add you as a friend now and see if we can have some games together anyway.

Obscure Node
    I would like to join your team! My name on Steam is Ace 1991 if anyone else who plays Dota 2 would like to add me.

Haha we've filled up the building materials team already I'm afraid! But dude, if you only have two people who you play with then come and play some games with the Chums! I've set up an event as part of the group so that people can create some teams at 7.30pm tonight (anyone else reading this is welcome to join the group / come on the mumble and see if we can get you set up with some teams). I will add you as a friend now and see if we can have some games together anyway.
    Dang, too bad. I was looking forward to calling myself Rusty Nail. Alas, I'll have to call myself that and sit in a corner all by myself. And I guess I'll join in, its just the normal "unofficial" RPS mumble channel, right?
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerian View Post
    Dang, too bad. I was looking forward to calling myself Rusty Nail. Alas, I'll have to call myself that and sit in a corner all by myself. And I guess I'll join in, its just the normal "unofficial" RPS mumble channel, right?
    Yep that's right, all the details are up here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/casualdotachums

Come on tonight and play a couple games with us and see if anyone fancies making up a team with you :)

Team Zoidberg:
    ifthechild, penguin., Koojav, Tzukimi, Tyheam

Signing up!

PS.
    http://i.qkme.me/369d3i.jpg

Activated Node
    Team Cobra Cocks

Jacque, Nash, Vimesey, Soriasku and TC-14

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientist

Tom O'Bedlam, Dartt, RossCo, Quinns and the as-yet-to-be-announced fifth
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Obscure Node
    Me, Brocrates and Classy Laeffy are a team. We are looking for 2 more if anyone is interested add me on Steam its the same name.

I'll join you guys, Jeeshus. If the space is still available that is. Will we be 'TEAM BROCRATES'? ;P

If we can get the players online tonight there will be a match between team zoidberg and team building materials at about 8pm!
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 10-01-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Activated Node
    I would be interested in joining a team.
    I am probably about average skill but watch a lot of competetive dota.
    I would be fine joining either a team taking it seriously and trying to win or a team that just wants to have some fun.
    I could play any position although I have more experience in the carry position.
    I should be able to play any weekday 18-23 CET or on the weekends
    My steam name is mrmud

If we can get the players online tonight there will be a match between team zoidberg and team building materials at about 8pm!
    Boys will be separated from men as Team Zoidberg attempts to claw through Team Building Materials' concrete defense.

Stay tuned at 8PM GMT.

Obscure Node
    Hello, I'm interested in joining a team for this tournament. My steam name is Pankracy, I have been playing lately on mumble. You can also find me on dota-chums steam group. Feel free to invite me:)

Quote Originally Posted by Koojav View Post
    Boys will be separated from men as Team Zoidberg attempts to claw through Team Building Materials' concrete defense.

Stay tuned at 8PM GMT.
    I've just looked up your other players, I think we might be placed firmly in the boys section going by their number of matches

Obscure Node
    I'm available for a team and can play a mean support with elite warding skills. Smuggo on Steam.