Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Team Clockwerk Orange beat down Team Building Materials through far superior team fight ability! 2 points to Clockwerk Orange and 1 point to Team Building Materials!

We also had some fun practice matches against Bulletin of the Atomic Scientist.

I will be away until Saturday evening so if Team Building Materials want to play more games then it's likely Wildcard will take my place as the official bench member of Team Building Materials. Please post match results on here so I can edit them into the first post when I'm back.
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 17-01-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hello,
    Yesterday we had a pleasure to play our first match :) Team Clockwerk Orange beat Team Building Materials. It was very even match. I will upload replay demo tonight.
    MrMud, thanks for broadcasting, many useful advices.

By the way, we are going to have our next match against Team Zoidberg probably on saturday. We will keep you informed.

Obscure Node
    It was a good game and I'll get round to watching the casted commentary tonight and see all the mistakes I made. Still, first time I played Lion and wasn't feeding all the time so I'll take that :)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Pankracy View Post
    Hello,
    Yesterday we had a pleasure to play our first match :) Team Clockwerk Orange beat Team Building Materials. It was very even match. I will upload replay demo tonight.
    MrMud, thanks for broadcasting, many useful advices.

By the way, we are going to have our next match against Team Zoidberg probably on saturday. We will keep you informed.
    First time casting so it was probably horrible. I was recording it to upload to youtube but messed up my recording so I never got any audio. I will try to rip it from the replay if it becomes available today.

Regarding the game itself it was an interesting experience. I think TBM outpicked themselves a bit which led to some unorthodox lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmud View Post
    First time casting so it was probably horrible. I was recording it to upload to youtube but messed up my recording so I never got any audio. I will try to rip it from the replay if it becomes available today.

Regarding the game itself it was an interesting experience. I think TBM outpicked themselves a bit which led to some unorthodox lanes.
    Although he got one of the best scores from his smaller fights I think witch doctor was a big mistake (that I chose for screws) because tidehunter shut down his ulti every time. Perhaps lich would have been a better pick. We really struggled with starting the team fights, I think perhaps if we had Dark Seer to throw down his vacuum + ulti, Naga's ulti or perhaps Sven's big stun then we would have been in a much nicer position and lifestealer and/or clinkz could have rolled in and cleaned up.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagonalbolts View Post
    Although he got one of the best scores from his smaller fights I think witch doctor was a big mistake (that I chose for screws) because tidehunter shut down his ulti every time. Perhaps lich would have been a better pick. We really struggled with starting the team fights, I think perhaps if we had Dark Seer to throw down his vacuum + ulti, Naga's ulti or perhaps Sven's big stun then we would have been in a much nicer position and lifestealer and/or clinkz could have rolled in and cleaned up.
    My thoughts are, Witchdoctor is an okay hero for a pub but not so good in competitive play, plus he needed a BKB but built Aghanims. We were deliberately quite heavy on our stuns and disables so BKB are definitely a good way to counter that.

As for Clinkz, I'm not convinced he is a good hero at all outside lowish level pubs. An organised team should generally be able to cope with invis heroes well, and clinkz offer little outside his ability to gank stragglers/soloers with invis and burst damage (wheras bounty hunter has the ability to snowball your team's gold and chase better with track and nyx assassin has disables to help him use his burst damage before he is countered).

Quote Originally Posted by mrmud View Post

That was your first time casting? I was really impressed with it! Your knowledge was impressive and you gave really good insight to what was going on.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Obscure Node
    Team Building Materials vs Team Clockwerk Orange.
    MatchID:
    Replay:
    http://speedy.sh/5TwEq/101187554.dem

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom OBedlam View Post
    That was your first time casting? I was really impressed with it! Your knowledge was impressive and you gave really good insight to what was going on.
    Thanks, it was harder than I thought. Before the game in your minds eye you think you can do this perfect play by play but when the action starts you end up stumbling on words and nothing comes out of your mouth. Still it was really fun and something I think I could do again.

I downloaded the replay and have recorded a copy of the video that I am encoding now, will be uploading to youtube in about an hour or so.

Activated Node
    Video for TBM vs CO will be here when it finishes processing

Obscure Node
    Good commentary dude, thanks for uploading.

Nice casting MrMud! I hope you'll cast a few more games in this and upcoming CDC events.

Also I'd like to encourage teams to organise matches since we have just a few days left in this event and only four games have been played. Five teams out of nine haven't played a single match.

This upcoming weekend is the last weekend during this tournament and it might be a good chance to schedule more games between teams.

Team Zoidberg would be delighted to play with each team participating in this event but we need some help from you guys. Let us know today (Friday 18th) and lets schedule a time together.

We are really flexible during this particular weekend but if noone will express their will to play we won't be able to organise our days and most probably we will scatter to do our real-life very important stuff (eg. dishwashing, fixing what the dog just broke, etc.).
    Last edited by Koojav; 18-01-2013 at 05:34 PM.

I'd like to have a pop at doing some casting for this, how am I best going about that? Just finished up making an epic complete noob guide for DOTA 2 - should give you an idea of my style of broadcasting. :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?fea...bx5uKjF8SheYnP

Activated Node
    Look for when one of the games will be played, join mumble and talk to someone who is playing

I should be available for casting all weekend. I should be idle in mumble, but pm me with a rough estimate of when your game should go on and I'll make time for it! (BTW, looking for a casting partner as well. Casting alone can become a bit awkward. >.<)

Obscure Node
    Oh damn, I didn't realise just how close that game was until around the 33 minute (youtube 48 minute) turning point when we won that Teamfight. I was just so focused on farming for most of it, and eclipse really helped me get kills that I probably wouldn't have been able to get as any other carry.

After watching, I did play stupidly aggressive. I figured my Manta Style would be enough to save me from lifestealer, but without a BKB I was lucky that nobody got the chance to focus me down in Teamfights. I was surprised my jungling wasn't interrupted more though, but I guess that's as my team were busy stopping Naix's jungle and TBM were countering that.

I also couldn't resist building Mjollnir+Butterfly to compliment my Glaives for a nasty right click, but it was a risky glass cannon strategy that thankfully paid off.

Well casted Mrmud, very insightful commentary and nice tracking of developments.

I'm back! It's probably a good thing I had a break from DOTA for a few days after getting a bit caught up in this tournament because when I was drunkenly mumbling sweet nothings in my girlfriend's ear I bizarrely and accidentally said something about Lifestealer going mid (a major social and, perhaps worse, in-game-tactical error)...

Anyway I'm all refreshed now and up for some more DOTA. I'd like to try and get some of the teams playing more, Noobs Inc., BOTAS, Team Fabulous, Team Brocrates and Mid and Feed haven't played any official games yet - try and find a similar team and give it a go guys, if you are intimidated by some of the more scary teams (I know I am) we can set up some extra rules to mix things up for those games to keep it fun for both sides.

Team Zoidberg has just played with Team Clockwerk Orange.

Highlights of the match:

• Trilane on Trilane action
    • Mid game that might shatter the reality as you know it
    • Epic battle between Magnus and Mirana that lasted for ages

Match ID: 103241469
    Download link: http://www.speedyshare.com/zJTfp/103241469.dem

Looking forward to watching this tomorrow morning!
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

I apologize about the terrible casting quality; I was a bit flustered because my game kept lagging out. Currently doing a fresh install of DoTA 2 tonight after I lagged and crashed out of a game. >.<