Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    In fact my evil spymaster (screws) undertook some reconnaissance last night and he reckons that your worst member is better than our best member hahahah. Under the rules of member swap I fortunately created at the beginning of this tournament, would anyone like to join our team for one match to slightly even the odds? I admit it will be a dangerous mission and you will probably be humiliated while the rest of us feed horribly, but you will have done a good thing and you will be loved among men.
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 10-01-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagonalbolts View Post
    I admit it will be a dangerous mission and you will probably be humiliated while the rest of us feed horribly, but you will have done a good thing and you will be loved among men.
    In short: help!

Still, I'm confident that even if we receive a first-class face beating, we'll have a good time and will hopefully pick up some new tricks for the next game.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I'm available for a team and can play a mean support with elite warding skills. Smuggo on Steam.
    I think I would really like you in my team which is for now: 1 player :D we could make a new team instead of joing existing one. Maybe all non-yet-team players could meet today 8PM GMT on mumble and discuss?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Pankracy View Post
    I think I would really like you in my team which is for now: 1 player :D we could make a new team instead of joing existing one. Maybe all non-yet-team players could meet today 8PM GMT on mumble and discuss?
    Sounds good to me. Can also spectate tonight's tournament game while discussing.

Network Hub
    Mid AND Feed

Sponge, Shockwave, Coccyx, BLUE.Aardvark, Pyrion Flax

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagonalbolts View Post
    Come onto the Mumble to join the spectator lobby and message Hex if you'd be interested in some not-very-serious casting.
    That sounds like it could be fun.

If you check out the other dota tournament thread, there's a link to a spreadsheet where you can find the names of other players who want to join teams. You could stick your details in too and teams looking for members might be interested in you joining.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

There are already 6 teams registered (including post by Coccyx) and a few teams are trying to get their 5th player.

I suppose one week might be a bit too tight for this amout of teams to play with everyone else - mind people's jobs and other hobbies.

It might be a good idea to extend the duration of the event by one more week/weekend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I'm in. I even figured out this newfangled "Mumble" thing. I'm not especially good but I do know what I'm doing.

I'm more partial to the name "Bulletin of the Atomic Scientist" than "Brocrates" if I have any say in the matter.
    Last edited by sabrage; 10-01-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Obscure Node
    MrMud is our 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Koojav View Post
    ...I suppose one week might be a bit too tight for this amout of teams to play with everyone else - mind people's jobs and other hobbies....
    good point, I've extended it by one week, it's totally flexible we'll just see how it goes!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I feel like somebody needs to represent the RPS LoL community (we exist!) by coming into DOTA 2 and beating you DOTAfolk at your own game!
    *or miserably failing to do so, then complaining that it sucks anyway and that league is much better blahblahblah

I need to get a few people on board, think I've got 3 lined up so far, but I'm sure I can grab some others in.

Our team name will be STEVESTEVESTEVE because it's a shit in-joke.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    I feel like somebody needs to represent the RPS LoL community (we exist!) by coming into DOTA 2 and beating you DOTAfolk at your own game!
    *or miserably failing to do so, then complaining that it sucks anyway and that league is much better blahblahblah

I need to get a few people on board, think I've got 3 lined up so far, but I'm sure I can grab some others in.

That'd be great, go for it!

Team Clockwerk Orange
    Nackertash, Bowlsoldier, Awesomeish, Pankracy and Lokean

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post

I suggest you train before hand. Most Dota players that come in from LoL think it's gonna be a slight graphical change, then the mechanics hit them in the face like a gigantic boulder outta The Last Crusade.

Ronin here still looking for a team, if anyone is in need of an extra.

Network Hub
    Team: [Noobs Inc.]
    Our Motto: Defeat Shall Not Elude Us!
    The Champions: Easy, Bilbo, Fiyenyaa, Kinshino, BeardOfBees.

Team Complete!
    Last edited by Easy; 10-01-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

The game is starting in 20 minutes! Pop on into the mumble (probably the Four Wisps on the edge of a cliff) and the others can sort you out with spectating, everyone will be cheering or booing and listening to the caster. Or add me on steam (hexagonalbolts)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I suggest you train before hand. Most Dota players that come in from LoL think it's gonna be a slight graphical change, then the mechanics hit them in the face like a gigantic boulder outta The Last Crusade.

Ronin here still looking for a team, if anyone is in need of an extra.
    We're all pro at raging at each other when things go wrong which is the most important skill in any MOBA.

We've all played a bit of DOTA before anyway, but we'll get a game or two in the meantime.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

As many predicted, Team Zoidberg demolished Team Building Materials! GG guys. A quick execution was handed out by Team Zoidberg through superior character choices and excellent team synergy.

1 point to Team Building Materials and 2 points to Team Zoidberg!

Match ID: 96796625
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 10-01-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Obscure Node
    Who'd have thought that a 5000+ collective game discrepancy could possibly have counted against us? Good fun at any rate.