Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    I'm kind of shocked to see New Vegas charting so high... But then again I'm one of those grumpy old Fallout nerds that's still butthurt because of what "they" did to one of my favorite FPG franchises. Also, AP is on the list? Really? RPS really likes their RPGs mediocre and riddled with bugs and broken mechanics :P

I jest... (not really)
    I just had this conversation recently. Keep an eye out for Wasteland 2.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    F1 and F2 were broken for years. It took almost a decade of modders work to make the games complete and bug free.
    lolno.

F1 and 2 had their fair share of bugs, but they were mostly minor stuff related to scripts. Hardly any quests were broken. As for making the games "complete" you're going to count cut content(and cut mostly for good reasons I might add) against a game, I mean seriously?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    I'm kind of shocked to see New Vegas charting so high... But then again I'm one of those grumpy old Fallout nerds that's still butthurt because of what "they" did to one of my favorite FPG franchises.
    As somebody with a ridiculous number of posts on No Mutants Allowed, I can profess my love for FO1 and 2 as well as FONV.

There is, however, no FO3.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    OK, I'll grant Fallout2 had some bug issues at release. But they were largely fixed by the official patch, shortly after release. It didn't need a decade of work by modders to be a playable and enjoyable game.
    Fair enough, I agree that the official patches did a lot to remedy the problems Fallout 2 had at release. I'd still say playing it without the unofficial patch is kind of a gamble and not recommendable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    As somebody with a ridiculous number of posts on No Mutants Allowed, I can profess my love for FO1 and 2 as well as FONV.
    I have to admit, I never pegged you as a member of No Mutants Allowed. Next you'll be telling us about your RPG codex account.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    I have to admit, I never pegged you as a member of No Mutants Allowed. Next you'll be telling us about your RPG codex account.
    I have four posts in RPGCodex, from back when Wizardry's mention of them caused them in Beetlejuice fashion to take intense interest in RPS. I asked them for clarification as to what "storyfags" and "combatfags" were.

They're like Wizardry + 4Chan, no offense to 4Chan.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    They're like Wizardry + 4Chan, no offense to 4Chan.
    Woah. OUCH.
    Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Woah. OUCH.
    Stick with me, kid; I'll teach you the art of the put-down.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

I know the name Wizardry and that's about it. But I know enough about 4chan. Possibly anything more than the name is too knowing much.

What kind of abominations are the people at Wizardry responsible for that could possibility justify that?!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Wizardry is not a bad guy. He seems to have let up on the arguing semantics with everyone always thing, too. Frankly, I kind of miss seeing his posts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wizardry is fine, and his definitions of RPG, action-RPG, and not-RPG pretty much classify every game correctly, which is far better than most simple definitions could manage. Perhaps one might have minor quibbles here and there, and perhaps classification of a few games is unclear, but that's what you expect from any simple definition.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    He always say something interesting,so yeah he's good in my book. Even if he is quite "etilist" towards newer RPG games lol.

Oh, Wizardry the poster.

Banned
    I gotta say the "Wizardry + 4chan" description fits the contemporary Chodex perfectly. No offense to Wizardry.