Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Dungeons... anyone?

Hello!

I picked up GW2 on launch and played with some of you fine people for a bit, but then took a long break through October and December. I've caught the GW2 bug properly now though and have been playing a fair bit - my main character is 76 and counting.

Here's the thing, though - it seems like the RPS crew are all about the WvWvW, at least going by the average /guild chat of an evening.

My favourite MMO experiences have always been about the 5-man dungeon run, however. For me nothing is better than working through some instanced PVE content with a small group.

I've been joining AC pugs to get my dungeon fix but I really want to see some of the other dungeons. Does anyone fancy showing me the ropes sometime and maybe hopping on to Mumble to work through some other dungeons? The best days for me are often Mondays and Thursdays and in fact I'll be around all night tonight (10th Jan) if anyone should fancy it.

RPS PVErs, are you out there?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Yes! I would very much be interested in running dungeons with guildies. My problem is I'm having trouble finding even one time a week at which I can log on regularly to play, however. (And tonight is not possible either! )

I can very probably meet you on Monday, though!

Hi Screwie, I hope we can meet up sometime. Thursdays are (usually) a definite for me and Mondays are likely but not always. I'll try to definitely make it next Mon though and go adventuring

I too would be up for dungeon runs, as would my wife, and a RL friend who is also in the RPS guild. However our login times are sporadic at best. We can make an effort for next monday though!

If you see me online (will edit this post to add my ID thingy) give me a shout. Hopefully our login times should align occasionally!

I'm always up for Fractals (mainly for the monthly) and generally if you do speak up wanting a group in /G, you'll find one - despite the WvWvW business.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

I'm happy to run some story/explorable especially if I cross some stuff off my I-haven't-seen-this-yet list. As Krathor says, be sure to ask in guild chat, but also setting a time and date for it on the forum will work well.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I'm up for doing some dungeons, I haven't done most of them in story mode yet, and fractals for my monthly - not really bothered about them otherwise.

I would particularly like to do Caudacus Manar, not because I like it as a dungeon but because I want enough Seals of Beetlebum to get a full set of Superior Runes of the Noble.

Quid pro quo - if anyone wants to collect X of Y; I'm happy to run with them and do a swap.

Can't really do Mondays though; and won't be able to do tonight either.

I too would also be up for any dungeons be them story or explorable

I normally jump at the chance to do a dungeon or two, providing I have the time, although I'll admit I've not been on much recently due to one thing or the other (mainly the other tonight, should make it on tomorrow).
    Last edited by Feldspar; 10-01-2013 at 03:41 PM.

I need to do CoF about 20 times, never been there yet.. or CoE for that matter
    GW2: Malfious - Elementalist

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I do dungeons when I can too (especially need AC, SE and HotW exp modes). Add Saphnabylni in game and when I'm online I'll usually be up for a dungeon unless there's some event going on.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Not going to be around tonight after all I have too much on my plate at the moment, sorry. Maybe next time...

After having spent some time away from GW2 over the holidays/beginning of the year, I am now finally back and would gladly do some dungeon runs every now and then. Is something planned for tonight? If yes, count me in.

Screwie suggested a tentative session but has had to drop out (PS, no probs Screwie!), there's nothing else firmly in the diary. I might be around this evening and if so I'll jump on guild chat to see if anyone wants to do a dungeon. I know AC very well now after approx 10 runs, but have never set foot in any others. I'm level 80 now and have 3/6 exotic armor pieces plus main weapon, with rares for the rest, so hopefully should be geared ok for more or less anything?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    If you're planning on running it tonight, I'm in too.

Yeah, gear won't be a problem. Exotics are optional, they make things easier though. I'll have a look at /g chat and will join in if you run anything. Honor of the Waves would be my preferred choice, since I'd like to gather a few more tokens, but I am not too familiar with the dungeon, so AC is fine too.

I'd really like to learn something other than AC, thus the appeal for someone to hold my hand somewhere else! Absolutely anything would be fine, really. I'll see how I'm set for time later but if I'm around it'll most likely be 9ish.

So, eh, how did it go? Sorry for not turning up after all, I was first attending the Gunnar's Hold WvW Monday Meeting and then got distracted with beating Ring of Fire heads in. Still interested in future dungeon runs if you're up for it.

We had two CoE explorer mode guild runs before the meeting. It went really well although the last boss of path 2 annoyed us a bit with all it's aoe in a small room XD

I logged on at 9 but only had until about 10 so didn't join in myself. Instead I celebrated hitting 80 by running to Straits of Devestation and buying some karma armour I wanted. I've seen just a tiny fraction of the zones in this game, it really made me realise how much more there is to the map when I had to cross through three zones I've never set foot in before to get there.