Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

So "Magical Legend of Old Sword" Will Have Sequel to Be Release This Summer

It's a singleplayer RPG, and this new installment will have real-time combat system, unlike the previous one with turn-based system. Try something original from China, yahoo~

http://gjqt.gamebar.com/

No official English unfortunately, since our publishers still have difficulties in opening up western market.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Try something original from China, yahoo~
    I wouldn't mind to, but

No official English unfortunately, since our publishers still have difficulties in opening up western market.
    Yup. No way in hell I'm gonna play something as story-heavy as an RPG without being able to understand what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    No way in hell I'm gonna play something as story-heavy as an RPG without being able to understand what's going on.
    I swear that's the only way to play some RPGs.

No, no, I don't care if my Dad's been captured by the frog princess, I'm secretly a potato and the universe is under threat by mutant cheese monsters, just let me hit something with a sword!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I know, and the situation is a real loss to western gamers. I see Japanese gal games (some even don't consider them to be "games", referring to such as graphic novel) by translated by ACG fans, but never bother to try our games.

Of course, the win-win situation will be some western publishers pick up some of the productions here to localize for official western releases.

Real loss, this is just a real loss.

The thing is, it's hard to tell if it's really a loss. Could be that those games have horrible mechanics or bad writing - if they'd ever get released in "the West" they would have to prove their worth like any other game released on the market, so I am not sure if there is a big incentive for "western" publishers to do all the localization work.

Edit: Also, the title doesn't sound very fancy (but what title does...) and the trailer only showed one single fight that didn't look too exciting either.
    Last edited by Squiz; 04-04-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    I've never heard of this game and can't find anything about it on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Try something original from China, yahoo~
    Is that supposed to be a oxymoron?
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

"Magical Legend of Old Sword" as a name sounds like the fantasy-RPG equivalent of "Battle Call of Honor".

Activated Node
    I dunno I like it. It lets you know immediately what you're in for.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Yeah, the name doesn't sound very good, but I think (squirrel surely knows better) that both the story and name are derived from Chinese mythos.