Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Activated Node

Have you heard of WarFrame?

Hello Fellow RPS users,

I saw the other day the game Warframe and wanted to see what you guys think about it or if you have even heard about it. Its a TPS dungeon crawler? if thats a good description for it... Its pretty nice especially since its going to a f2p platform. I linked the trailer to the game down below if any of you are interested in TPS that have a Mass Effect feel to them.

Enjoy :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Gameplay looks to simplistic,all they do is go from room to a room killing retard soldiers,where is the challenge?!

thus i like character concept.

TB has a WTF about it and I think RPS posted about this a few months ago. Wouldn't touch it with a stick tho.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Gameplay looks to simplistic,all they do is go from room to a room killing retard soldiers,where is the challenge?!

thus i like character concept.
    The game right now is in closed beta and yeah its very simplistic.. you kill mobs fight bosses travel to different planets fight more mobs and bosses and grind for gear... when i type this the game seems very boring.. but with friends its actually quite entertaining. This is what I am playing until GTA comes out :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I'm currently in the Beta and it's pretty fun, you can compare it to Mass Effect 3's Co-Op but on board space ships and better action mechanics.

Your warframe and gear can level up and get better while you also can mod them with stuff you find in your missions. Besides that there are also blue prints you can find of better weapons, you need to find the components to finally craft them.

Haven't really played that much yet but it seems fun, it's still in beta so there's a lot of disconnecting and lag at the start of a game.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Play it with friends - it's about 127 times more fun that solo grinding.

And let's face it, not like grinding isn't considered a valid form of entertainment for 95% of MMO target demographic.

You also get to be a space ninja that can slice people in half. Surely that counts for something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I'll say, rather than a space ninja, this game makes me feel like a space samurai. Specially the music. Dear god, the music is amazing.

Yeah, Yakudo is great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Hmm. I should probably actually use my beta key. I'll see what I think of it.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

If anyone want to get key for the beta,there are seven thousand left on this site lol.

http://www.freemmostation.com/giveaw...beta-giveaway/

Edit.

Its only 560mb so its worth trying out even if it sucks,will report back what i think.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 11-01-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I'll say, rather than a space ninja, this game makes me feel like a space samurai. Specially the music. Dear god, the music is amazing.
    Yeah, those drums!
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Ok i tried and its kinda to easy,levels can be confusing,i tried first alone one mission,they teamed up with four others and its fun game. Need to play more to see if it gets better,would like to see bigger variety of enemies,and spaceship interiors lol.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    You won't get to see different areas until you clear Mercury at least. Also, levels do get progressively harder and they include a few different enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Yeah, those drums!
    Heck yeah. I want a Total CyberWar Shogun in space.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The movement and melee mechanics are fantastic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I don't like the bits of the trailer I watched (too dark), but I checked out Total Biscuit's video and decided to grab the beta. Looks like it could be fun. A faster-paced ME3's multiplayer.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I'm playing with Loki,already level 4,already have two special powers: Decoy and Invisibility. And 8 k money,at 30 k you can buy neat weapons. But i can't see myself playing this for longer time,its to simplistic,doing same crap oever and over again.

This game is INCREDIBLY fun with friends.

Alone it's really hard and kind of boring.

So it's exactly like the sex vs. masturbation argument: Both get the job done, it's about the journey.

But how can it be so different playing with friends or some random people,because game doesn't require any tactics at all,we just run through the whole level and beat the shit out of those soldiers,then we repeat that on another planet,and another..

Banned
    I've been playing this for a bit now and I reallllly like it.

Really nice gun play and fighting mechanics, but more mention should go to the interesting powers.

Its nice to see a PC game that looks like a PC game and is well optimized too.

Despite the level of polish on show it feels like early days but I have really high hopes for this title.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I dont know why, but the gameplay seems so much like the shooter side of Mass Effect.