Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Cyberpunk 2077

I searched for the thread about this, but couldn't find it. Maybe it's oddly titled. Anyway here's the first teaser for the game:

steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Doesn't really say much, but I like the style.

ALso: I REALLY hope you get to be the cop in some form. I've always wanted a game where you are the cop going after all the super-dangerous robots and mutants and ghosts and the like.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    How very GITS. I've always wanted a proper proper proper GITS game, like a proper one. DX:HR was pretty close though actually.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post

ALso: I REALLY hope you get to be the cop in some form. I've always wanted a game where you are the cop going after all the super-dangerous robots and mutants and ghosts and the like.

Yeah, I was actually going to try and mash some words together to come up with a sentence that meant the same thing; a game like DX:HR but more like GITS: Stand Alone Complex where you have cases rather than 'I need to go here then go here then go here', and the cases slowly alert you to some hidden group or something orchestrating a load of shit for some reason. So basically non-linear Deus Ex? I don't even know.
    Last edited by neema_t; 10-01-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am intrigued. I have come to really like CDPR. Whether it's their stance on DRM, their excellent post-launch support of their games, or their awesome accents in their dev diaries, those guys are alright with me.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    What kind of RPG will this be,third person real time combat like witcher or something else ?

Cool song,nice looking trailer,i need more!

You should include this description of teaser on youtube.

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I REALLY hope you get to be the cop in some form. I've always wanted a game where you are the cop going after all the super-dangerous robots and mutants and ghosts and the like.
    This looks suspiciously like a player intro scene.

Think about it. Obtaining tech in the CP setting isn't a case of looting a dead body for a new arm. It takes time and money and lots of surgery. What better way of introducing a player into the world with every toy in place than to make him a MaxTax case that got spared for recruitment. The subsystems locked after you got busted get gradually reinstated to normal functionality as part of the usual RPG levelling system.

As an aside, I love how the MaxTax operative is so badass, he doesn't have to show his slick teks to anyone. Just a plain gray overall.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What kind of RPG will this be,third person real time combat like witcher or something else ?
    Most likely. I don't see them doing it FPS style.
    Last edited by His Master's Voice; 10-01-2013 at 10:18 PM.

From pc gamer

"They left a message as well http://i47.tinypic.com/2vlwccl.png

TL;DR: STORY HEAVY, NON LINEAR, OPEN WORLD RPG CONFIRMED"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I just couldn't get into the Witcher games, but since I adore what little Cyberpunk I've consumed (Blade Runner, GITS, GITS SAC, Deus Ex HR), I can't wait for this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    I just couldn't get into the Witcher games, but since I adore what little Cyberpunk I've consumed (Blade Runner, GITS, GITS SAC, Deus Ex HR), I can't wait for this game.
    I went on a Sci-Fi binge to prepare for an RPG I'm going to run starting in February and I consumed some stuff I'd been putting off for years. I was really disappointed by GITS and Blade Runner. GITS had a really cool world, but it spent a lot of time saying very little in a rather drawn out fashion. I liked the characters and the voices and the style and the action sequences and the world building ... but the writing really let me down. Haven't tried GITS SAC ... would you recommend the show based on my issues with the film?

Blade Runner was an incredible piece of film making, and I really liked some of the writing. But at the end of the day I don't think it told a particularly interesting story. There was also an exceedingly discomforting sex scene, but I think it might have been intentionally discomforting. I guess I really wanted there to be a mystery or at the very least a less random-seeming conflict between the characters. At the same time, there was something to Deckard's character being a selfish, not-all-there incompetent and something to the surrealness of it all. I'm not convinced it would have been "better" if had been more what I expected, but it wasn't quite my cup of tea. Visuals, audio and world building? Exceptional.

My favorite Cyberpunk at the moment is Snow Crash by Stephenson just-about-tied with by Neuromancer by Gibson. Completely different books, but they speak to things I love about Cyberpunk and do it really, really well. In the tabletop RPG space, I'm very fond of the two-pager Ghost/Echo.

On the games front, the Netrunner card game (either version) is also incredibly slick and seems to be inspired largely by Neuromancer. There was a Cardboard Children issue about it; I'd highly recommend it to fans of Cyberpunk or of two-player dueling games. Any card that's in play is in jeopardy when you're the corp. The runner can hack your hand, your discard, your deck, your servers ... you have to defend all of it.

On the PC games front, I loved Deus Ex:HR as a game and had issues with it's fiction (dialog and world-building were, yet again, spot on ... but the plot left a lot to be desired towards the end). I have high hopes for this based on my Witcher experiences. While we're waiting for more info, what Cyberpunk media would the rest of you recommend? Feel free to boot me out if this post is too much of a tangent. :P
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

CD Projekt has yet to let me down and their list of influences and what they want to take from them are just dreamy.

Answer: Yes.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    TL;DR: STORY HEAVY, NON LINEAR, OPEN WORLD RPG CONFIRMED"
    Nice.

Definitely looks like the Nikita sort of thing with you being brought down and then turned into an operative. Could be interesting.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It's hard to tell from the trailer anything from the trailer and I don't think they've given out very much information.

But I'd take a guess that it'll use both third and first person. Come on, it's cyber punk, there has to be some sort of cool eye augmentations they can make amazing use of in first person view. Like if you're talking to someone your eyes process their face to try see if they're lying or not. I'd really like it to be both anyway.

But in relation to the game and the trailer, all of the yes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

I hope this is how you acquire a new squad member and it's a party-based RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Yep yep yep swoon. When's this expected?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    I really do appreciate their "when it's ready" statement at the end. However like a spoiled child whose just been told he can't have any pudding until he's finished his meat, I want this now!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Definitely looks like the Nikita sort of thing with you being brought down and then turned into an operative. Could be interesting.
    Think about it. Obtaining tech in the CP setting isn't a case of looting a dead body for a new arm. It takes time and money and lots of surgery. What better way of introducing a player into the world with every toy in place than to make him a MaxTax case that got spared for recruitment. The subsystems locked after you got busted get gradually reinstated to normal functionality as part of the usual RPG levelling system.
    I really like this idea.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    I can't make out if it's 2015 or 2016 in the flash message embedded in the video.

Gotta quit smoking either way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Transcript of the text in the video by lackofbiscuits@reddit
    Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so! :) You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo jumbo, so let's begin!
    First of all--have you noticed all the details in our teaser (Yes, it's a teaser. We'll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting, there are some things you can spot, like implants--look for the weapon hands and the real skin -- corporate emblems that should look familiar, and more. Happy hunting!
    You're probably curious about the release. It's currently scheduled a way off in 20(14,15,16?) but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever-- OK, maybe this sounds pretty [rully | bully?], but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!
    Oh--And you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our Dev team, so if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools) on a single ambitious project, send us your application right now! careers@cdprojectred.com[1]
    So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen&paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are [hastering?] right now, and we believe (misspelled in trailer, heh) that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Hmm.. we'll tell some more about it soon!
    And that's not all that's new, we are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about - on the 5th of February it will all be clear.
    So stay tuned as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!
    We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called afterlife--what other name could we have chosen for it? :)
    CD Project Red Team
    The Open World Non Linear Story Heavy is the other announcement, which is TW3 for sure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I've seen "GITS" mentioned several times and all I can think of is curmudgeonly old men (ruling the world?).

As for the teaser, it didn't particularly entice me but that's generally the case with all teasers for me.

The description on the other hand does entice me (as does the mention of what is presumably more Witcher), so just as well there's people there who car enough to transcribe their nonsense as in the post above otherwise that marketing could have backfired in a mass of apathy!