Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    And it's pay2win, so why bother.
    Nah. It's got a great feature of "the best way to win is not to play" in those puzzles. Just don't mix that strategy up with the survival puzzles, those ones are vital for success.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Does anyone ever get the feeling that some of the high level guilds are purposely trying to crash the in game economy?

Everywhere I look I see purposeful manipulation of in game currencies.

Don't know about you guys but I'm stocking up on HP and Food items while I can.

Unfortunately long range weapon drops are pretty rare on this shard of the sever, so I'm investing all skill points into vitality and strength along with endurance.
    I though you were dead! Where can I find the \revive command? Do we need admin access?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Anybody knows why some of the quests can't be deleted from the quest log?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Anybody knows why some of the quests can't be deleted from the quest log?
    Just ignore the log. It's not like it's always in your face anyway.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Just ignore the log. It's not like it's always in your face anyway.
    But the NPCs keep nagging me about them.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

I always find it unfortunate I don't have full control over my party members. They start complaining when I try to acces their inventory, and they rarely listen to any of my commands.

I admire the open world aspects of the game - but they've really sacrificed the central story. I've lost count of how many hours I've put into it but I still have no idea what it is I am supposed to be doing.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanguineAngel View Post
    I admire the open world aspects of the game - but they've really sacrificed the central story. I've lost count of how many hours I've put into it but I still have no idea what it is I am supposed to be doing.
    It's a sandbox game, it doesn't really have any real goals or purpose (although some people argue about that). Just do what you want.
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

Quote Originally Posted by NecroKnight View Post
    It's a sandbox game, it doesn't really have any real goals or purpose (although some people argue about that). Just do what you want.
    Strange - I am sure they mentioned some major quest objectives during the tutorial. But I've not heard a squeak since so maybe you're right. It's like they started it but never finished. Another feature left by the wayside whilst the publishers pushed for a timely release no doubt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My impression is that it's like a Bioware RPG. All the other players are always talking about which companion to romance, but all I care about is stats.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Inspired by the countless Let's Plays, I caved in and bought real life. Currently 280.000 hours in, but it feels like I only just finished the tutorial. I guess I'm too busy reading all the walkthroughs and lore related books, instead of actually playing. Though most of them kind of break the immersion and excitement of discovering new things.

By the way, I think the the Bigfoot and Loch Ness quests are broken, or are they that rare and random?
    Last edited by Olero; 06-02-2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: seplingl
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

I've found it to have pretty good pathfinding, but there are occasional bugs with npcs in cars that result in some nasty things.

Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post
    By the way, I think the the Bigfoot and Loch Ness quests are broken, or are they that rare and random?
    I suspect it's all the spawncamping that causes this problem. It'd be better if those quests were instanced.

What about Oculus Rift support? Or was that a missed stretch goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I'm waiting for 75% GOTY on steam.
    Considering who published it, I wouldn't hold out too long.

Eating mechanic is rather harsh. I HAVE to do it to stop permadeath and it gives this "Fat" debuff.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I'm waiting for 75% GOTY on steam.
    It's only GOTY according to the marketing department, anyway.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post
    There's no mention of those quests anywhere in the Unofficial Strategy Guide™, so I'm thinking they're just rumours started by some mischievous players, similar to "L is real 2401" or "You can save Aeris".

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    My impression is that it's like a Bioware RPG. All the other players are always talking about which companion to romance, but all I care about is stats.
    At least the romances are better written. Mostly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    At least the romances are better written. Mostly.
    Not from the LPs I've been watching. There is simply no "romance" at all, it cuts straight to the players mashing the buttons for a quick-time event, with ridiculous advantages. It's just the adrenaline buff, but it only lasts a few seconds. I hear most of the gold in the game is spent for that purpose alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post

Eating mechanic is rather harsh. I HAVE to do it to stop permadeath and it gives this "Fat" debuff.
    Not with the "Fast Metabolism" perk. And it's randomly assigned during character creation.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    I always find it unfortunate I don't have full control over my party members. They start complaining when I try to acces their inventory, and they rarely listen to any of my commands.
    Some of them have the most stupid loyality missions, too.

Pffft, it's just a rip-off of a popular board game. You might as well play Talisman Prologue.