Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    I recently found the manual, but boy, is it outdated! I think it's based on the first build, which was rumored to be full of bugs. One could walk on water for example, or seas would glitch in 2 separate bodies of water. And the strange thing is, I can't find any manual that is more recent... I did find several different versions though, but apart from some different opinions about what is intended, and what is a bug, they're just as old.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    It's too bad that you can't switch off general chat while traveling. I mean, it's annoying enough that there is no instant fast travel, but try sitting next to a party with two level 1 characters for 9 hours straight. You can't even send them an invitation for a duel, because you'll be banned from using the travel system if you do.
    I just wish I could find the bad language filter so I could understand what the Level 16 chars are saying on the "Bus" system.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    I just wish I could find the bad language filter so I could understand what the Level 16 chars are saying on the "Bus" system.
    I use the "Train" system, and can't understand what the level 80 chars are saying most of the time. I think they are talking to me, but I'm using this.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

The stat decay is so frustrating. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Have you been storing things in fridges, a common noob mistake is to leave the door of it open.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    No kidding, you have to grind for hours just to stay ahead of the curve. I've virtually given up on it and decided to focus on other, more story focused aspects of gameplay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    And I pooped.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    And I pooped.
    Surprisingly compelling poop mechanics.

Will poop again.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I understand the need for a disease feature, but why has it to be so intrusive? It's almost impossible to play the game after contracting certain diseases.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    I understand the need for a disease feature, but why has it to be so intrusive? It's almost impossible to play the game after contracting certain diseases.
    You just aren't using the right consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    You just aren't using the right consumables.
    Well, some of them clearly reduce the aforementioned poop cooldown.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post
    I recently found the manual, but boy, is it outdated! I think it's based on the first build, which was rumored to be full of bugs. One could walk on water for example, or seas would glitch in 2 separate bodies of water. And the strange thing is, I can't find any manual that is more recent... I did find several different versions though, but apart from some different opinions about what is intended, and what is a bug, they're just as old.
    Actually, there has been an addendum on the old manual, but it is all in the Arabic language, and very poetic, so it might not be your thing. It also assumes that you know the old manual rather well (this has led to confusion in the past).

Also, playing as a bear is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Actually, there has been an addendum on the old manual, but it is all in the Arabic language, and very poetic, so it might not be your thing. It also assumes that you know the old manual rather well (this has led to confusion in the past).

Also, playing as a bear is fun.
    Speaking of which, how can you switch characters?

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Speaking of which, how can you switch characters?
    More consumables. Ingest certain ones and you get an "out-of-character" experience for brief moments. There's a lengthy debuff period afterwards.

Also, there's these items called "books" that allow you to experience other people's lives and whatnot. However, they're extremely linear and you can't carry more than a few dozen with you at any time.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

The inventory system is just messed up:

*Weight limit is ridiculously low. It depends on your level at first, but why cap it after level 20? I heard it's even decreasing after level 30. There are better ways to increase difficulty.
    *No item stacking.
    *No auto sorting.
    *Animations take forever. Especially 'Get-something-out-of-backpack'. 'Get-wallet', unsurprisingly, seems to be optimized).
    *Heavy agility and endurance penalties.
    *Armor inventory is mostly useless (too small).
    *Female chars seem to get an additional charisma boost towards female NPCs when wearing an expensive purse (Bug?). (Charisma calculation in general is also riddled with bugs, imho.)

Obscure Node
    Their smell and taste technology is the best on the market, but it can get pretty annoying sometimes. Haven't found a way to turn that stuff off yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can't get over the default travel speed. So slow! You try and go faster and you end up with big -speed and other debuffs, ending up slower than you started out. You can grind a skill to reduce the debuffs somewhat, but that skill actually deteriorates if you stop grinding.

When the world is so big I don't know who thought that was a good idea. It really forces you to use vehicles to get anywhere, which you of course have to pay for in some fashion. Maybe that's the idea.

It's the best hiking simulator this side of Skyrim. Speaking of which, I've yet to find pages of a person's diary scattered across the world.
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Splynter View Post
    It's the best hiking simulator this side of Skyrim. Speaking of which, I've yet to find pages of a person's diary scattered across the world.
    You're just not looking hard enough..
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

So has anyone tried any of the expansions that let you keep playing after your character dies? Some of them look interesting, but it seems they all have very polarized reviews. I'm not sure I want to get one if it's just gonna be Mass Effect 3 all over again.