Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Playing on Normal, it's mostly OK but the occasional difficulty spikes can be brutal. I'd prefer Easy next time, those people seem to be having more fun.
    Apparently, the difficulty level is dependant on your starting location, class and race. I have no idea why they actually did this, considering it greatly diminishes player choice.

I wish the Player Owned Houses were a lot cheaper and not so cramped together. I should probably grind more to get a better one, but then I'd first have to sell my current one. And that seems impossible during this currency tweaking (more like nerving...) stage the moderators are still working on.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Spawntime that is 9 months long. ;/
    And spawncampers can kill you BEFORE you actually spawn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Spawntime that is 9 months long. ;/
    And spawncampers can kill you BEFORE you actually spawn.
    Then you get marked as childkiller, and everybody hates you. I think they stole this from Fallout.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

This reads like a 7.

The hype for this game is totally blown out of proportion. I hear some people say it features lizard races that control the world, alien spacecraft that abduct people, secret societies that plot assassinations on important NPCs, and more of that stuff, but I see no evidence that any of it ever happens.

Plus, there's all this talk about afterlife realms, some have demons, some have angels, but there's no chat connection to those. Then just recently there was this big rumour about the servers shutting down, with a big cataclysmic event before it, but that turned out to be completely false too. Pity, because at least there would be something happening if it were true, and it would mean that I could finally get around to playing a different game than this. It's just getting kinda dull, and there's a really big stigma against disconnecting mid-game, so much that they won't even let you back in again.

On the bright side, at least my server isn't filled with bile-spewing hateful bigots, so whatever they're doing to keep the community in check must be working.

Obscure Node
    Anybody know how to set the sfx volume? Mine is too low, I can barely hear anything.
    What a bunch of lazy developers, the popularity of consoles probably gave them the idea that we don't need good, fleshed out settings menus. You can't even adjust brightness or contrast! Even Dark Souls had more comprehensive options. You would think those mandatory microtransactions would go into improving the game...

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    It's disturbing how much work and effort went into making realistic boob physics.
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroKnight View Post
    It's disturbing how much work and effort went into making realistic boob physics.
    Only if that's all you're looking at...

I mean, check out the water on a beach sometime - the wave animation isn't canned, it's dynamic. Player damage is all calculated dynamically too, based on force, location, weapon type. The weather model is a fully realized chaotic system... EVERY object has some physics applied to it. Sure, the breast physics are amazing, but most of the characteristics are inherited, it's not custom work. Some of it's still pretty opaque, too. There's a lot of high level reverse engineering going on, but there are large areas where we don't have more than a rough description.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjlr View Post
    Only if that's all you're looking at...

I mean, check out the water on a beach sometime - the wave animation isn't canned, it's dynamic.
    And so is water flowing through boobs. Which proves the point.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    And so is water flowing through boobs. Which proves the point.
    Eh now? The point I was making was that - well designed though the boobs may be - on close inspection, there's at least that much attention to detail everywhere. It's up to the player what they spend more time investigating, of course...

Activated Node
    The physics engine is so complex that players still do not fully understand how physics work and what all the gameplay possibilities are. Someone tried to calculate how to recreate the game engine and came to the conclusion you'd need a computer as large as the in game universe, if not larger. So clearly we can argue this isn't a mere console port. You have to give the developers props for that.

Has anyone managed to unlock the zombie mode, I don't have any voodoun priests in my relationships deck so I can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroKnight View Post
    And on women, too!
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    And on women, too!
    There is a known issue in this game, where in the higher levels , boobs physics seems to degrade for women characters and appears, out of nowhere, for the male ones.

It can be fixed with some grinding and DLCs though...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    There is a known issue in this game, where in the higher levels , boobs physics seems to degrade for women characters and appears, out of nowhere, for the male ones.

It can be fixed with some grinding and DLCs though...
    Surely you mean patching and bug fixing?

Grinding requires some serious effort. :(

Obscure Node
    The tutorial lasted 18 years !!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    God damn it, why can't I edit my FoV? I'm getting motion sick with this headbobbing too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Why is it that in the WOW minigame I can sell all my stuff to each and every vendor, but shop owners in the main game are all picky and "No Sir, we don't buy cat skin in here, this is disgusting, now get out!"?

Also, the crafting system isn't really intuitive and even completely misleading at times. You should have seen the look on the NPC's faces when I tried to craft some baby oil to improve my natural armour.
    Last edited by c-Row; 05-03-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    God damn it, why can't I edit my FoV? I'm getting motion sick with this headbobbing too.
    You must've got one the shit tier avatars with poor genetic material. If you can't cope with the head bobbing don't try any of the space quests unless your determination stat is maxed out.