Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Their is talk of a "Mars" server but it's not usable yet.
    We were supposed to get a "Moon" server first, but they couldn't even get that up and running. There was a small beta test going on, but it was never continued.

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    We were supposed to get a "Moon" server first, but they couldn't even get that up and running. There was a small beta test going on, but it was never continued.
    They still run the adverts every night, though... somebody in marketing is clearly not paying attention.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Anyone else find that the random events are bugged? I know it's all statistical, but man, I get the flat tire event waaaay too often.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post
    Anyone else find that the random events are bugged? I know it's all statistical, but man, I get the flat tire event waaaay too often.
    I heard that there are no random events and everything in this game is scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    I heard that there are no random events and everything in this game is scripted.
    Really? Because I've heard that it entirely other way around: everything is completely randomized at the most fundamental level, and what we perceive as "plot" or "advancing" is merely a product of a string of coincidences from a huge random number generator.

Ive been told, and im not sure about this, but if you play it through Steam, you can log in to an RPS sub-forum and talk about the game.

Its pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    You call that a beta? More like a premature alpha, imo.
    The few people who got to play it described it as full of bugs and glitches and basically no content whatsoever. Extremely long loading times, basically just grey hills and some craters, everybody had to wear the same armor... Though the low gravity mod partly made up for that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Reportedly, killed NPCs actually drop whatever equipment they carried at the time you kill them, too, so that's at least one thing they got right. No more "Where did his sweater go?" for me.
    Instead, "Yay, I looted his sweater, but there's a hole in it. Also, the only stats on it appear to be negative Charisma, as I now see a look of revulsion on everybody around me."
    Last edited by Nalano; 28-02-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Really? Because I've heard that it entirely other way around: everything is completely randomized at the most fundamental level, and what we perceive as "plot" or "advancing" is merely a product of a string of coincidences from a huge random number generator.
    Actually the number generator isn't random. The generator uses everything that's been output so far as a seed for the next generation. There are too many variables for us to follow, but if we could we would be able to predict the next number generated. Not sure how they got the engine started, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Instead, "Yay, I looted his sweater, but there's a hole in it. Also, the only stats on it appear to be negative Charisma, as I now see a look of revulsion on everybody around me."
    you should grind crafting points so you can repair that. Other stat bonuses get canceled when items are in poor condition

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Can anyone recommend a good walkthrough? The best one I found so far was written by h17ch3nz.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Don't buy this game, there is a bug that corrupts your hard drive if you try to restart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Aim for headshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Aim for headshots.
    Right, so what genre is it after all? An MMORPGFPS with a dating sim minigame? And is it art?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

The open PvP areas really are awful. The GMs actually help certain players permanently kill other players for stupid reasons like what their avatars look like. Luckily I live in a zone where the GMs are slightly more sensible and it is pretty much totally carebear.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good walkthrough? The best one I found so far was written by h17ch3nz.
    I wanted something a little more hardcore, so I went with a http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...etzscheWannabe
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    There's a good one by Buddha but it's a bit heavy on min-maxing.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

You must be confused, that guide is all about using Medium settings and using middling tactics.

edit- it's a good strategy guide, though. Concerned with getting the New Game + option. Other guides will show you how to get the special credits that seem to go on forever.
    Last edited by Sparkasaurusmex; 01-03-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    Don't buy this game, there is a bug that corrupts your hard drive if you try to restart.
    Oh dear god, sorry to break the flow again but oh man I spit my tea everywhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ^Liquid simulation is quite a thing here, right?