Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    ^Liquid simulation is quite a thing here, right?
    Reflections are top notch, just look at the water.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Graphics can't save this game from the rampant cheaters that are ruining it

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Guys, don't buy the Catholic DLC, I heard there's an exploit where you can get your account hijacked and it can only be fixed with the Exorcism crack.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Reflections are top notch, just look at the water.
    And the sound design.
    Honestly. That sound design.

And the techniques in the sound! Full 720 degree surround capability, all with a stereo headphone due to the excellent sound morphing in the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Guys, don't buy the Catholic DLC, I heard there's an exploit where you can get your account hijacked and it can only be fixed with the Exorcism crack.
    I think the Current GM for that just stepped down because of related issues(?)

Just been looking at the skybox. What a pile of crap! The moon is too small, and those apparent "fully real time" objects in the sky are clearly just a few star background .jpg files.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Just been looking at the skybox. What a pile of crap! The moon is too small, and those apparent "fully real time" objects in the sky are clearly just a few star background .jpg files.
    Not to mention they put the brightness waaaaaaaaay too high during the day. WTF, devs, you put a big-ass sun right in the middle of the sky but then nobody can look at it?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, is that twinkling effect the stars have actually just due to lossy compression? People have spent years levelling the astronomy skill, thinking that it was because their telescope crafting level was too low :(
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Not to mention they put the brightness waaaaaaaaay too high during the day. WTF, devs, you put a big-ass sun right in the middle of the sky but then nobody can look at it?
    Yeah, it also has this weird glitch where if I look at a light for too long it leaves these weird orange/green blotches everywhere.

Are there any worthwhile mods? I can't find many, they're hard to install and don't work with my saved game. Frankly I was expecting more now the source code is available.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That source code is available (you're talking about that written in DNA++ language, right?), but it's hard to translate.

While in sane programming languages you have if, while, case, etc. instructions and you can use methods and classes etc. that is easy to understand, in DNA++ you have only stream of A, C, T and G letters without any comments. It's so hard to understand what's is really happening here. Is very hard to code in DNA++. Also you need high-end gear (that only some scientific labs can afford) to compile that code.

And if you're talking about modding physics - everything is a global constant here and changing values of some of this constants would change server to lifeless mess. :x
    Last edited by GameCat; 03-03-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Obscure Node
    Pretty good game so far, graphics are nice and incidentals such as the 'food' and 'sex' mini games are cool... But on my local server it seems like about 1% of users are hoarding 99% of the gold. I haven't seen an economic Sim this open to abuse since Eve.

And if the dev's are reading this... a small minority are flaming about how the rest of us should play, time for the banhammer maybe?

P.S. Anyone know a respec cheat, I got some bad rolls and my agility is stuck at 0 ... : (

Playing on Normal, it's mostly OK but the occasional difficulty spikes can be brutal. I'd prefer Easy next time, those people seem to be having more fun.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Are there any worthwhile mods? I can't find many, they're hard to install and don't work with my saved game. Frankly I was expecting more now the source code is available.
    I hear the Psilocybin Mushroom mod makes everything much more vibrant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Most servers seem to ban you for using it though.
    steam: sketch

When you snipe the moon it doesn't output "Ouch!" to the screen and you can't change the size of it this way. Don't tell me you have to edit the .ini file to change this like in a badly ported console game.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Are there any worthwhile mods? I can't find many, they're hard to install and don't work with my saved game.
    What do you mean, 'save game'?!
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    What do you mean, 'save game'?!
    The only roguelike-like save slot.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

And you can't scum it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    Oh, is that twinkling effect the stars have actually just due to lossy compression? People have spent years levelling the astronomy skill, thinking that it was because their telescope crafting level was too low :(
    Guess what happens when you reach maximum astronomy level and unlocked the adaptive optics skill tree? Most of the time you get another noisy, black image with bright dots on it. Sometimes, however, you can see a nebula or a planet.
    I guess by making the astronomy skill and the equipment so expensive they want to save bandwidth. Imagine what would happen if everybody wants to stream that high-resolution skybox.

Also: I recently found out, that during that forced disconnect at night (mostly), it runs a weird 'dream' version. Sometimes I can alt-tab in. I think it's a dev-tool. They are testing some strange stuff like flying persons and endless corridors. I'd like to get permanent access, but no luck so far. Any advice on how to get access? And somebody should patch the controls. They don't work reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    Guess what happens when you reach maximum astronomy level and unlocked the adaptive optics skill tree? Most of the time you get another noisy, black image with bright dots on it. Sometimes, however, you can see a nebula or a planet.
    I guess by making the astronomy skill and the equipment so expensive they want to save bandwidth. Imagine what would happen if everybody wants to stream that high-resolution skybox.

Also: I recently found out, that during that forced disconnect at night (mostly), it runs a weird 'dream' version. Sometimes I can alt-tab in. I think it's a dev-tool. They are testing some strange stuff like flying persons and endless corridors. I'd like to get permanent access, but no luck so far. Any advice on how to get access? And somebody should patch the controls. They don't work reliably.
    Yeah, that's the Lucid Dreaming unlockable content... You have to complete some quests each day to get more regular acces, such as writing down what you saw during those "dream" videos or so. Boring. I want the unlockable content, not those stupid quests! >.<