Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Why is it that in the WOW minigame I can sell all my stuff to each and every vendor, but shop owners in the main game are all picky and "No Sir, we don't buy cat skin in here, this is disgusting, now get out!"?

Also, the crafting system isn't really intuitive and even completely misleading at times. You should have seen the look on the NPC's faces when I tried to craft some baby oil to improve my natural armour.
    Even the supposedly "quick-assembly" kits that exist for furniture are completely illogical. And contain one of the most dull yet frustrating mini-games.

And vendors can be really annoying indeed. Most of them don't even trade for anything else then credits, so getting my sheep traded for some wheat was one of the longest quests I did. Speaking of quests... Anyone finished the "Meaning of Life" quest-line yet? So far I've finished the following sub-quests (who thinks up those silly names by the way?):
    • Baby's first blues (What's up with the controls??)
    • Socrates' crates (Just another stupid "collect all scrolls" quest)
    • Sexndrugsnrocknroll (Some of the best mini-games!)
    • It's all about the dumdumdumdumdumdum (I still don't know what dumdumdumdumdumdum's are...)

But I'm currently stuck on "Have a little Faith" quest. I'm not so sure which guild I should follow, and I'm afraid about ruining my build...
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

I actually like the crafting system. Get the right tools and you can build anything. So many possibilities!

Mining resources on the other hand... That's tough. I mistook Minecraft as a tutorial. Started to dig a hole in the ground, which, by the way, is not possible with your bare hands (neither is chopping wood, except you unlocked the Shaolin skill tree). After 6' I gave up. Not even a single piece of coal to be found!

So if you are serious about mining, don't listen to Minecraft. It's just a seriously dumbed down minigame.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAlpha View Post
    The physics engine is so complex that players still do not fully understand how physics work and what all the gameplay possibilities are. Someone tried to calculate how to recreate the game engine and came to the conclusion you'd need a computer as large as the in game universe, if not larger. So clearly we can argue this isn't a mere console port. You have to give the developers props for that.
    As with all games, 2 generations for now we will be able to fully emulate it on software. The only problem is that this generation has taken at least 13.6 billion years, and the creators aren't even scheduled to appear on E3.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    As with all games, 2 generations for now we will be able to fully emulate it on software. The only problem is that this generation has taken at least 13.6 billion years, and the creators aren't even scheduled to appear on E3.
    What gets me is the ridiculous DRM here. I mean, we've been looking to reverse-engineer this whole planet for some thousands of years and we still can't dub ourselves another one. C'mon, man - information just wants to be free!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    What gets me is the ridiculous DRM here. I mean, we've been looking to reverse-engineer this whole planet for some thousands of years and we still can't dub ourselves another one. C'mon, man - information just wants to be free!
    They hardcoded all the universal constants, so it's a miracle we got this far. Explains why most situations were not tested properly.

Health mechanic seems buggered. I tried to see if the physics engine was like Tribes, tried to ski from off the roof of my house and now I have lots of pain and bleeding effects.
    I waited about 6 minutes but my health did not seem to regen, so I went inside to find a medkit. Picked one up that was hidden in a cupboard (Seriously? Putting basic medkits in secret areas?) and... nothing happened. THIS IS NOTHING LIKE DOOM!
    Last edited by Scumbag; 06-03-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Did you try walking over the medkit?

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Health mechanic seems buggered. I tried to see if the physics engine was like Tribes, tried to ski from off the roof of my house and now I have lots of pain and bleeding effects.
    I waited about 6 minutes but my health did not seem to regen, so I went inside to find a medkit. Picked one up that was hidden in a cupboard (Seriously? Putting basic medkits in secret areas?) and... nothing happened. THIS IS NOTHING LIKE DOOM!
    Yeah I keep walking over this sandwich but nothing happens. I mean, apart from the carpet being ruined.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Yeah I keep walking over this sandwich but nothing happens. I mean, apart from the carpet being ruined.
    Likewise, I've noticed that while I can stuff a great many things in my pockets, they don't always come out in the same state as I left them. Then again, maybe I'll find a use for "Jelly bean-encrusted keychain." This is an adventure game, right?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Likewise, I've noticed that while I can stuff a great many things in my pockets, they don't always come out in the same state as I left them. Then again, maybe I'll find a use for "Jelly bean-encrusted keychain." This is an adventure game, right?
    I don't know, trying to combine a dog with a hook can get you charged for animal cruelty...

the job change on this IRL game is annoying, I don't want to talk.. I prefer to type.
    --under construction--

Yeah it's a good policy to keep hold of stuff for a while in case it turns out to be useful.

But man, I just never have any spare inventory space. And no matter how many extra stash slots I buy, it just quickly fill up with more and more useless crap from the loot drops. The more money I get, the more shiny stuff I buy from the stores that also turns out to be useless crap a few days later. But still messages from the GMs keep appearing in global chat reminding me to keep grinding and buy more from the stores so I feel compelled.
    Last edited by Colonel J; 08-03-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    I really dislike the inherent game unbalance that has been there since day 1. Seriously, read "Guns, Germs and Steel".. Basically, the reason why the Eurasian starting area is so damn good is because they got all the easily domesticated animals and easily domesticated plants, whilst people in other parts of the world had to wait untill the Euroasians introduced the plants and animals into their region. Heck, the Aboriginal clan could not even develop an Iron age due to a lack of easily accessible iron on their starting province, and because some dev thought it would be a nice idea to include no-domesticatable-animals-or-plants-whatsoever onto their region, they could forget all about farming as well.
    I mean srsly.

If you run out of sandwiches and energy bars during a mission, you can often find more for free by searching the desks in offices, sometimes small amounts of cash as well. If the office workers see you they might try to fight you or call security, if so try hiding in a ventilation shaft until they go away.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    If you stack boxes around the desk before rifling through the drawers the AI will still notice you and investigate. It's easy to be cynical and remark about how stupid the AI in this game is, but really it's quite good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    It's easy to be cynical and remark about how stupid the AI in this game is, but really it's quite good.
    Not the vehicle pathfinding, I find it atrocious most of the time.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    You must be confused, that guide is all about using Medium settings and using middling tactics.

edit- it's a good strategy guide, though. Concerned with getting the New Game + option. Other guides will show you how to get the special credits that seem to go on forever.
    Last time I checked Buddhism was all about stacking WIS and neglecting everything else. The Enlightened perk is kinda op though and you may even ascend to a higher plane of existence. Great if it works out but if it doesn't you're stuck and can't do much else. WIS is considered a dump stat by most people for a reason. It's nice to have but it doesn't do much unless you want to take some monk or cleric levels.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    If you run out of sandwiches and energy bars during a mission, you can often find more for free by searching the desks in offices, sometimes small amounts of cash as well.
    Some of these sandwiches have unique name tags on them - does that mean they are less common loot and I should try to sell them on TP instead of eating them?
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
    Some of these sandwiches have unique name tags on them - does that mean they are less common loot and I should try to sell them on TP instead of eating them?
    You can try that but the DRM inherent in the game means the sandwiches will be rendered unusable after a period of time.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    If you run out of sandwiches and energy bars during a mission, you can often find more for free by searching the desks in offices, sometimes small amounts of cash as well. If the office workers see you they might try to fight you or call security, if so try hiding in a ventilation shaft until they go away.
    Visual Proof!
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008...ex-3-break-in/