Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Anyone else noticed that the animations tend to lag tremendously in the morning? And man, I do hate the beeping noise that plays during the (unskippable!) opening credits. I do like the coffee mini-game though, even when it's such a grind.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

You can't deny that it has the best implementation of a water shader that you've ever seen though.

Anybody knows how to bring up the GUI again? Mine is hidden which is fine most of the time, but some of the debuffs give the strangest effects and there is no way to tell how to end them without being able to read the icon tool-tips.

Also, screenshots only after buying special items? WTF?!
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

I think that screenshots are bugged in my version. I tried to capture my own character but the view was crooked and me arm got in the way. Terrible glare from existing light sources as well. It's fine when I'm capturing other things but it's still problematic. How many people did they hire to code this anyway?

Speaking of glare from light sources - I've noticed that they are particularly troublesome at night and can make many of the driving sections nearly unplayable. If they could tone those NPC vehicle lights down a bit or even provide a 3rd person veiw for driving that would be far more sensible. Pretty basic stuff really - you have to wonder what they were thinking of when they coded this.

At least there aren't any lens flares. Bandwagon avoided.

Vehicle customization is way too difficult and too expensive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I have no idea what are we talking about.

I wish there was a third person view option, the limited FOV in first person view makes me nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Word on the street is that the entire game was done by a single programmer. If so, then he must have absolutely godlike skills. Though as far as I know no one has ever actually seen him. Supposedly he once created his own player character to see how things were going, but that ended rather badly.
    Godlike skills? Oh, please... I heard player chars weren't introduced until version 0.6 with only two simultaneous connections possible, and even that was nothing more than pure sandboxing without any proper quests. Those early players aparently managed to abuse a glitch to grind items that were way above their current level, but rather than fixing the exploit, the dev banned all players from the original server. Think about that the next time you bash Bioware or EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    I wish there was a third person view option, the limited FOV in first person view makes me nauseous.
    I heard there is one, but it messes up player input.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Whilst we're at it. What's with these controls?! You just can't beat M&KB, seriously

It's annoying the game can't be run in a window. Alt-tab doesn't work either.

I do like the mini-games one can play at the computers that are placed all over the world (I even invested quite some credits to have one installed in my Player Owned House). But I lack the hacking skills to get into most of them, and passwords are so hard to find (why aren't they in drawers or hidden behind cupboards? Would make way much more sense). But then again, most of the AI is stupid enough that I don't need to use the venting systems to get around.

And anyone noticed that the moderators in this realm are bickering about the rules all the time? I mean, if THEY don't know what is allowed and what not, how are we supposed to keep to the rules? And still they like to pretend that WE have control with their so called "democracy voting system"...
    Last edited by Olero; 07-02-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Weird how you don't even get to choose where you zone in - I lucked out spawning in a carebear region but seem to be in the minority by the looks of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Apropos of nothing, that is an awesome avatar, Burnside. +1 internets to you.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Olero, the scaling is way off on the vents anyway - the player models often don't even fit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanguineAngel View Post
    Olero, the scaling is way off on the vents anyway - the player models often don't even fit.
    I just checked the newer characters the female on my guild spawned can use the vents, but now he won't come out, bug?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Banned
    What are the vehicles like in your areas guys?

Everything around here is limited to either two or four wheels.

I'd give anything to find a decent Mech vendor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The boss fights can be tough, some of them should be nerfed.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post
    Anyone else noticed that the animations tend to lag tremendously in the morning? And man, I do hate the beeping noise that plays during the (unskippable!) opening credits. I do like the coffee mini-game though, even when it's such a grind.
    Even worse is the way that emptying the cache every morning is implemented. Horrifying but I'll admit that it's relieving.

I think I have framerate troubles on my end, is it supposed to be this low or is it just my setup?