Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I'd like to know what dev thought it was a good idea to have friendly fire. I hear the US server in particular is having huge issues with griefers.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnside View Post
    Weird how you don't even get to choose where you zone in - I lucked out spawning in a carebear region but seem to be in the minority by the looks of it.
    It's completely random. If you're in bad luck, you get to start in some heavy PvP areas.

I also hate how it is not instanced. Players in the children tutorial are all in the same place as high level players. That causes many problems.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Originally Posted by Scumbag
    Considering who published it, I wouldn't hold out too long.

Eating mechanic is rather harsh. I HAVE to do it to stop permadeath and it gives this "Fat" debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post

Not with the "Fast Metabolism" perk. And it's randomly assigned during character creation.
    I think the "Fast Metabolism" perk wears off after a while and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjonson View Post
    I think the "Fast Metabolism" perk wears off after a while and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it back.
    If you get the "gastric bypass" bind on equip upgrade you get pretty much the same effect.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I heard that's looked down on by a lot of players though, some consider it pay 2 win. They'd prefer if you grinded, really.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjonson View Post
    Originally Posted by Scumbag
    Considering who published it, I wouldn't hold out too long.

Eating mechanic is rather harsh. I HAVE to do it to stop permadeath and it gives this "Fat" debuff.

Still works for me, but I have relatively low level character. The only problem is that the Hunger stat doesn't last for long. Still can't find a cheat for it anywhere.

I wonder how certain chars cope with it, they never have any gold...
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantracker View Post
    I'd like to know what dev thought it was a good idea to have friendly fire. I hear the US server in particular is having huge issues with griefers.
    I think it has to do with all the weapons drops there. They probably should nerf that.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

The use of cell phones and the internet is implemented really well though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Unfortunately some of the ai coding behind the people on the ingame cell phones and internet lack depth.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post
    Anyone else noticed that the animations tend to lag tremendously in the morning? And man, I do hate the beeping noise that plays during the (unskippable!) opening credits. I do like the coffee mini-game though, even when it's such a grind.
    My version has tea. Localisation at its best.

Indeed, the whole game is designed with microtransactions in mind. It's rather disgusting actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    To farm gold, perhaps, but all the used women's underwear is surely worth something.
    What's the drop rate?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    What's the drop rate?
    0.07%, but you'll have to finish with a special move in the first place, otherwise it'll never drop
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sorry to break the flow but the last two posts:

Last edited by khaz; 08-02-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Whilst the flow is broken

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I just checked the newer characters the female on my guild spawned can use the vents, but now he won't come out, bug?
    Favourite so far!

Speaking of - I presume that this adopts that new death & inheritance perma-death system, ala Star Citizen and Crusader Kings? Do we just assume control of our successor on death? Does anyone know which content gets carried over?

I've just been talking with a couple of people about the true endgame here and DAMN it sucks!
    As you level you eventually start to suffer from diminishing returns at an unspoken set point, then when you pass one of the later thresholds apparently you begin to start loosing stats until various aspects of your char stop functioning. A good number of characters then end up in a weird, cold instance where nobody cares about stuff and the only company you have are other players who are equally flawed.
    Eventually the Vitality level drops to Zero and the game just permadeaths you.

Who designed this crap?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    I've just been talking with a couple of people about the true endgame here and DAMN it sucks!
    As you level you eventually start to suffer from diminishing returns at an unspoken set point, then when you pass one of the later thresholds apparently you begin to start loosing stats until various aspects of your char stop functioning. A good number of characters then end up in a weird, cold instance where nobody cares about stuff and the only company you have are other players who are equally flawed.
    Eventually the Vitality level drops to Zero and the game just permadeaths you.

Who designed this crap?
    I think it's partly to keep player numbers down so we all don't end up queuing for the same drops... If it's too populated, lots of people never get to harvest their own resources. The last few server upgrades have really increased the capacity, though, it's ten times what it used to be. Using female characters to spawn more players used to be pretty buggy, but it seems to work nearly all the time now.

I think it's supposed to be a bit of crude balancing, too. If people could just keep improving their skills and gear indefinitely, it would be pretty much impossible for new players to get started. It's not really working as designed, though, since most loot is automatically traded to someone else when the character dies, so older and richer guilds have a massive advantage.

What's more annoying to me personally is the travel system. The flight system is neat, but it's too expensive for casual trips, and you spend more time waiting in the lobby than you do flying. It took me seventeen years to get outside my starting area without a higher-level guide. Still, I hear it's one of the easiest to get started in (spawn camping gets you permabanned, and there's a lot of assists for new players).

Player governments need buffing, too; it seems like they don't make a difference a lot of the time. Maybe it would bring the participation rate up?

I dont like how the respawn system can sometimes mess up. Last time I was a human but suddenly I rezzed as a d... woof woof woof woof

Quote Originally Posted by cjlr View Post
    What's more annoying to me personally is the travel system. The flight system is neat, but it's too expensive for casual trips, and you spend more time waiting in the lobby than you do flying.
    It's too bad that you can't switch off general chat while traveling. I mean, it's annoying enough that there is no instant fast travel, but try sitting next to a party with two level 1 characters for 9 hours straight. You can't even send them an invitation for a duel, because you'll be banned from using the travel system if you do.
    Last edited by L_No; 11-02-2013 at 10:52 AM.

So far I have found the cake implementation to be the best I've ever encountered, not only is it delicious and not a lie, but if you bring it with you while doing the daily grind the other noobs in your dungeon are all over you and buff you happily.