Obscure Node

Non combat mission based flight sim....

Hey,

Back in the day, I used to have a flight sim on my old Atari 800 where you delivered mail around America - might even have been a mode in one of the early MS Flight sims. With Take On Helicopters coming up later in the year, are there any current flight sims out there that task you with missions - and I'm talking non-combat stuff here of course - perhaps to earn money for better planes etc?

I enjoy combat flight sims don't get me wrong, just sometimes I fancy something a bit calmer, and the idea of TOH appeals a lot.

Graham

I remember an RPS post about a helicopter game (I can't remember the name of it) which was about running a helicopter tourist business thingy a while back. I think it has something to do with the guys who made ARMA so that could be a place to check out. Other than that I can't help you, maybe someone else knows more about it.

Also, there's Kerbal Space Program which is a little bit off what you might be after but it's still very fun and has some elements of flight (Or lots depending on your point of view).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I remember something about a mod for Flight Simulator X that let you run a cargo hauling business. It sounded interesting, but I can't seem to find it now.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I remember an RPS post about a helicopter game (I can't remember the name of it) which was about running a helicopter tourist business thingy a while back. I think it has something to do with the guys who made ARMA so that could be a place to check out. Other than that I can't help you, maybe someone else knows more about it.

Also, there's Kerbal Space Program which is a little bit off what you might be after but it's still very fun and has some elements of flight (Or lots depending on your point of view).
    That sounds like Take on Helicopters. Looking forward to that when it comes out later in the year, along with another game Bohemia are working on, Carrier Command Gaea Mission - another blast from the past!

Like KSP, though I tend to just check that my rocket works in each new version that comes out. When you start having more to aim for then I think it'll really come into it's own.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I remember something about a mod for Flight Simulator X that let you run a cargo hauling business. It sounded interesting, but I can't seem to find it now.
    Sounds interesting... is this what you meant?

http://justflight.com/cargopilot-home.asp

Haven't dug into it but came up on a google.