Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Been a while since I played this type of game (Last time was God of War 3, which I thought was crap) so I think I'll get it. So far the reviews have been very positive and I actually like the idea of giving a new studio a chance to reboot an old franchise.
    Add me: Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Played the PS3 demo to check it out and it seemd to have some framerate drops in in-game engine cutscenes, the combat was perfectly fine. I'll end up buying the PC version anyways to put my new rig to good use.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    I couldn't even get past the intro of DMC4. And I finished Chaos Legion.
    You really should go back. In terms of raw combat mechanics it's arguably the best.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    This reaches its peak on the final difficulty which gave Dante 1hp and forced you to be perfect. That difficulty setting was designed to be the true challenge - very few people actually did this. To get SSS, you had to engage and never leave combat. Now, imagine getting SSS in that mode.
    Welp, the nightmares will be back tonight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by venn177 View Post
    Welp, the nightmares will be back tonight.
    Yeah the last two difficulties are insane, second to last one is that enemies die in one hit but so do you and the last one is just normal enemies but you die in one hit.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    So RPS WiT conclusion is: Fun game,but easier then previous ones. Plus it runs very well.

Who is getting this,i wanna see some pc screenshots :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    NT make games which look great but the gameplay is often a formula of hinted button pushes and lazy one-trick-pony moves.

The demo of DMC felt EXACTLY like that, it's visually nice (tho the demo ran a bit lumpily on the 360) but the game didn't feel like a DMC game at all.

I think I'm done with games which spend all their time showing me cool stuff which I'm not controlling or which only require me to "PRESS BUTTON X NOW" - I'd like to be wrong, but that's exactly what the DMC demo felt like - that's exactly what NT's previous games have been

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    You really should go back. In terms of raw combat mechanics it's arguably the best.
    Combat mechanics mean little when I puke all over the screen because the story and presentation is so pathetic.

(because then I can't even see what's going on because of all the sick)

Just skip the cutscenes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I also quite dislike deisng in DMC games,would rather have Ninja Gaiden on pc,ryo looks badass,enemies are cool designed,also great gameplay coupled with what the fuck story haha.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I don't get all the hate to the new look for Dante. Can someone explain it without attempting to make claim that the old design was "badass" looking? Because it wasn't. He was as badass looking as the cast of Final Fantasy 8.

I might pick up the newest one. It's been a long time since I played a game like it and after the recent heavy story games i've been playing the aspect of mash a to do attack sounds appealing to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'll give it a shot.

The new protagonist just screams of angsty, 'edgy', maybe a bit Poochie. It didn't fit in with the feel of the series, although obviously that's slightly different now we know the direction of this version. I don't want to say bland and generic, but snarky white-dude with dark hair? Yawn. The dark hair is of particular focus because white hair denotes demon. You could argue this new one was something of a prequel, but either way it didn't hold up.

Now if we delve into the comparison, the original isn't designed to necessarily be 'badass', the design is supposed to appeal to his narcissism and his arrogance and it does this to a tee. Dante is a bit of a prick, but it does help him stand out from your generic character-traits as mentioned above. The white, slightly longer hair means he further stood out. This was someone who was their own person and you could tell immediately (hell, if I remember the opening of DMC1, he's just sitting there in his shop with his feet up). There wasn't any sort of angst or edginess to be visible. Come to DMC4 and it starts bordering, if not out-right crossing, on invoked hamminess.

Honestly, I think the new design works well with the new game, but I also think, as a vague fan of the others, that this isn't a design I want with a game I also doesn't want. Most of the complaints will follow that similar line of thinking.