Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow patching speed finally picked up, I might get to play tonight !

Marauder got pretty boring during closed beta so I think I'll be going magic dude this time out.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    I .... may..... pay.... a... visit ... but I will probably wait a bit more, maybe "release".
    Just so you know, for most F2P games Open Beta is treated the same as release. As of now, there will not be any more character wipes.

Network Hub Gentleman Jim Stacey's Avatar
    Simine Fralinie's bookshop, east Canalworks, Vivec
    Its really fun. Only big problem is how unstable it is on 32 bit systems, in act two I'm getting extremely frequent crashes and it seems common among 32 bit users.

I appreciate the fact that 32 bit systems are outdated now, but this is not the kind of game to justifiably choke on it. It's got a nice look with crisp and clean graphics, but Witcher 2 it ain't.

Thankfully a developer indicated that its a known issue they are working on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jim Stacey View Post
    Its really fun. Only big problem is how unstable it is on 32 bit systems, in act two I'm getting extremely frequent crashes and it seems common among 32 bit users.

I appreciate the fact that 32 bit systems are outdated now, but this is not the kind of game to justifiably choke on it. It's got a nice look with crisp and clean graphics, but Witcher 2 it ain't.

Thankfully a developer indicated that its a known issue they are working on.
    I have 32 bit and I'm fine. Are you not on windows?

The only thing I don't like is the total lack of minion action. You really only get spectres, zombies and skeletons. There is no range, they die super easy and the passive skill tree has a total of like 20 clicks with these bonuses. I have to spend oodles of points on dumb int boosts to even get to the 20 points I can put into minions.

I'm on windows. I said "common," not ubiquitous :)

and yeah I tried my hand at being a necromancer and, even if your minions were strong (which they sure as hell aren't), it's just boring. All you do is stand around, make sure you're at full minion capacity, cast curses/auras and fire an occasional AOE spell.

on the other hand, dual claw shadow is EXTREMELY fun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jim Stacey View Post
    I'm on windows. I said "common," not ubiquitous :)

and yeah I tried my hand at being a necromancer and, even if your minions were strong (which they sure as hell aren't), it's just boring. All you do is stand around, make sure you're at full minion capacity, cast curses/auras and fire an occasional AOE spell.

on the other hand, dual claw shadow is EXTREMELY fun
    Honestly half the time I don't even summon minions, its slow and they are weak as shit.

When you play a caster you need all that int and energy shield boost and cast speed and mana bonuses and shit but a necro shouldnt need that.

You only get 2 lousy keystones and a few of the second best thingies and all they do is give +1skelly+1zombie. Shit even the keystone is just like 1 more minion than the second tier things. And there is no range and you cannot specialize minions so bosses just aoe the fuck out of you. You either need a tank minion or you need some range, preferably both. You also can't stack lightning or fire or frost damage and what not. I wanna customize my minion army.

Surprised this game isn't get much press or hype. Definitely deserves it more than PS2 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MoLAoS View Post
    Honestly half the time I don't even summon minions, its slow and they are weak as shit.

When you play a caster you need all that int and energy shield boost and cast speed and mana bonuses and shit but a necro shouldnt need that.

You only get 2 lousy keystones and a few of the second best thingies and all they do is give +1skelly+1zombie. Shit even the keystone is just like 1 more minion than the second tier things. And there is no range and you cannot specialize minions so bosses just aoe the fuck out of you. You either need a tank minion or you need some range, preferably both. You also can't stack lightning or fire or frost damage and what not. I wanna customize my minion army.
    Yeah I went for a minion summoning build too and I'm thinking of starting over, the summons are just plain boring and atrociously weak.

Network Hub
    I started off as a summoner too. Lasted up until after the Warden, when my zombies got the crap beat out of them in one spell, and any skeletons I summoned were instantly dead. Apparently they are OP at the level cap, but complete rubbish at low levels.

A technique that is working quite well is assign Firestorm to Q, and jam that key a lot. Fireball doesn't have the AoE behind it so much, and Sparks is a crapshoot as to whether you hit, unless you flood a room with it.

Getting a lot of magic reassignment items, as well. Saving them up until I start levelling a bit slower.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Servers were taking a hammering yesterday, game kept crashing. Good that it's still beta!

Newbie question: is there any point in using the orbs of augmentation, alteration, etc. with low level stuff at all? Or better to hoard them until I reach high levels? I'm not sure how rare they are, and I've always been a hoarder in RPGs (the guy who never uses any potions because "I might need them later" and then "later" never comes...).

I've been leveling a summoner witch as well, and while I enjoy her, minion AI is even worse than Diablo 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Newbie question: is there any point in using the orbs of augmentation, alteration, etc. with low level stuff at all? Or better to hoard them until I reach high levels? I'm not sure how rare they are, and I've always been a hoarder in RPGs (the guy who never uses any potions because "I might need them later" and then "later" never comes...)
    While I'm a newbie myself, I'd say don't be afraid to use them. Considering how big a role gem slots play in gear, you could play for ages until you finally find a magical gear upgrade with exactly the slots you need. Turning white gear with the right slots into magic items via the orbs comes really useful. Plus, getting more is only a matter of picking up a lot of magic items and selling them off for parts.

---

Enjoying the game, playing the strength/intelligence class (templar?). Good game. Not amazing and doesn't give me the wonderful addiction that the games of this type offer at their best, but good fun.
    Last edited by Flint; 28-01-2013 at 04:40 PM.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.