Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found

Random old games you pick up now and again...

I had hoped steam had saved my game but I had to start Rage from the beginning again t'other day. Still good but it isn't happy running full res with lots of AA - ah well

Still pretty.

That and Anno 2070 but with that I find it's merely a matter of time and I don't mind playing such games for hours
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Dungeon Keeper, when I want to be evil.
    One of the Fallouts when I want and apocalyptic wasteland.
    Pixel Dungeon for a roguelike
    GW2: The *Bel family of badly specced professions

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Rogue Legacy, Spelunky and Dungeons of Dredmor - roguelites/likes have this effect on me, every few months I'll go back and sink some hours into them. No idea why since I'm woeful at them.

Edit: how could I forget Tales of Maj'Eyal
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 27-07-2015 at 09:21 PM.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Europa Universalis, Civ, Distant Worlds. Basically like Saph does with roguelikes I do with 4x's and similar types although these days I lack the time to sink tens of hours into a single game like I used to. Also HoMM, because HoMM.

Transport Tycoon Deluxe (OpenTTD), Terraria, some oldschool D&D RPGs. Sometimes even a roguelike just as Saph says.

HoMM3, now this is something I'd forgotten about. Need, now.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Guild Wars 2ohwait!

Nah, I don't pick it up too often anymore. :P Jagged Alliance 2 would be high up on that list, as well as the Fallout games (FO1 to New Vegas). Also the Infinity engine games. Just recently completed Thief 1 and 2, still real gems those two. Deadly Shadow's also a recommendation.
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Guild Wars 2ohwait!

Nah, I don't pick it up too often anymore. :P
    Honestly, GW2 actually qualifies for me as this, I play it occasionally when there's an event on, or when I forget why I quit in the first place - too much traditional MMO, and the bits that got me interested in the first place turned out to be disappointments, bullshit or outright lies. I still play with the guild every once in a while, but that's basically it.
    Guild Wars 2 - Failbaddon, Mars Baneblade, Vulkan Hellhammer
    Elite: Dangerous - EpicTheTrumble
    Steam - EPICTHEFAIL

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Currently Starcraft. Got the sequel for my birthday but decided to do a play through of the old one first.
    Also baldurs gate and wh40k dawn of war.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Currently Starcraft. Got the sequel for my birthday but decided to do a play through of the old one first.
    Also baldurs gate and wh40k dawn of war.
    Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, my go-to RTS fix.

I like playing older Star Wars games too.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, my go-to RTS fix.

I like playing older Star Wars games too.
    I love this game but I don't like having to rush to stop being stomped... I like to build up slowly and then whallop. Ah well.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dark crusade was the best of them, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    I like to build up slowly and then whallop. Ah well.
    And in the game?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Network Hub
    My Steam Sale backlog... I start a new unplayed as yet game every now and then, rarely complete it and then drift onto something else.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    I love this game but I don't like having to rush to stop being stomped... I like to build up slowly and then whallop. Ah well.
    It can be done if you manage to repel the first attack of the AI (if you're not playing against human opponents). After you've fought off the first wave, the AI usually will not attack again soon, so you have time to build up an army. I agree with you that playing a slower starting race is a bit of a problem when you're facing a zerg rush type of enemy though.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    It can be done if you manage to repel the first attack of the AI (if you're not playing against human opponents). After you've fought off the first wave, the AI usually will not attack again soon, so you have time to build up an army. I agree with you that playing a slower starting race is a bit of a problem when you're facing a zerg rush type of enemy though.
    Nod but troublesome if you have then lost so many points that you can't then build things quickly enough without more capping...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Dungeon Keeper 2 and Sacrifice were annual pilgrimages for me for years. Deadeyes, reanimation and the James ending. Mass Sacrifice of Dark Mistresses, worshipping skeletons and permanent Horned Reapers.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Have to say helio - always kinda freaky/cool when you post in here - you're such a presence on the main blog/front page with that avatar... It's almost like when you realise you're playing a steam game with one of the hive controllers! Not quite as awesome as that though sorry

Mechwarrior2 because of the atmosphere.
    GTA1 because it's insane and unfair.

I have generally only played MMOs since my introduction back in 2003, that being said I do occasionally go and play LOTRO and SWTOR until the lack dodge annoys me. I also play a little Minecraft on a friends server but once I've built my house I'm bored again lol.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

ahhh minecraft, I toyed a while ago using the quarries and teleport chests and built myself a monstrous self sorting, grinding, smelting and sorting system - before it was cool.

Guild Wars 2, really. Also, when there are big patches, Terraria, Minecraft, Space Engineers. Thief and Mirror's Edge too, Those are two games I hold very dearly.
    Steam: Zanchito || Guild Wars 2: Gatonegro || The Secret World: Mescalitoh || Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zanchito