Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar

Rab, Kieron, and Aliens 18/2/13

Robert Florence invites a panel of gaming experts including journalist Kieron Gillen and Tom Bramwell, Editor of Eurogamer, to review the brand new video game Aliens: Colonial Marines live in front of an audience, before a screening of James Cameronís Aliens in glorious 70mm. Expect fury, fire, fights and then a film!
    Aliens: The Live Review (& Aliens in 70mm)

Anybody else going to this?

And more importantly: Would it be used as an opportunity for a pre-thing Meet-O-Chat with beer?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Sure, why not?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    And more importantly: Would it be used as an opportunity for a pre-thing Meet-O-Chat with beer?
    Lay the foundations brave sirs

hmmm intersting, might get tickets for this.

Sadly I think I'm going to have to give this a miss. Getting home is going to be either a massive pain in the arse that I can't be bothered with or too expensive. Shame. :(
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Lay the foundations brave sirs
    I shall do so.

Right, provisionally, we'll meet at Budda (on Sauchiehall Street) from 6pm onwards. They serve food, and it's alright, if a bit pricey for pub grub. However, the beer is nice and of average price, and the walk is 2 minutes from the GFT. There is an area at the back which allows for big groups to congregate (which we use regularly for similar things). Since their recent reopening they have been slightly louder than they used to be, but I don't see this being an issue on a Monday night.

I will be there early, as our office is just round the corner from all of this kerfuffel. I'll ensure I'm noticeable on the night so that folk don't start approaching complete strangers (there's nothing wrong with that, but they may not know why you're talking about rocks, paper, or shotguns, and be mildly weirded out).

Any objections to this, speak now or forever be that person who didn't speak.
    Last edited by lostrootpass; 22-01-2013 at 06:15 PM.

is buddah back open?

Obscure Node
    It is now, yeah. It's been back open for maybe 4-6 weeks, although the website is still down. There was an equal amount of silence about its reopening as there was about its closure in the first place.

Sounds good to me.

Obscure Node
    Is anyone here going to Rab's Video Game Empty on friday the 22nd? I'm desperate to go, and I foolishly attempted to buy tickets too late. Just wondering if anyone knew of some tickets going? Cheers all!

Obscure Node
    To those who'd still like to consume alcohol before the reviewfilm tonight, I'll be in Budda from just after 6pm (until ~8:30, when I'll leave for the cinema), and offer other RPSfolk attending to join. This is how to get to the pub from the GFT: http://goo.gl/maps/3U44c

Upon entering the vicinity, we shall most likely be at the back, and Horace will grace us with his presence in pictorial form.

Was it good, then?

Obscure Node
    Oh aye. The review and film were top-notch, naturally. Hearing 400 folk cheer at "They mostly come out at night, mostly" was kinda funny. The pre-pub was a bit empty, but there was an open invite to the CCA afterwards as part of the film festival. I didn't go to that due to train schedules but it did look like a fair few people were on their way over as I left.