Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duke's Saturday Night Out - SATURDAY the 19th of January - 7PM GMT

Hello all!

I understand that there's quite the assortment of events being organised within the GH community at the moment. No doubt there's already quite a few going on during Saturday and I don't want to pull you guys away from any that you've signed up to.

So with that in mind...

This Saturday is the first in which that I know I will be free for in a long time. This means that I'll be putting on my commander tag and we'll go do some things as a guild if you guys want.

What things!? Well, y'know, the usual! Here's some examples:

WvWvW! Attacking Bay! Building golems! Zerging the JP! Beating down WSR (if we're up against them yet again)! Defending Longview! Calling the gate being down too early!

I might even do some ruddy PVE! In fact, I might start out with doing some of this - like long, dynamic quest chains?

Basically, we're gonna see how much shizz we can do and have fun in the game.

Everyone is welcome
    , even if you've never run with me before. We have a lot of fun together usually and I doubt that Saturday night will be much different. Level is no problem.

We'll meet at 7PM GMT in Lion's Arch on Saturday - on the main server (not Overflow - there will be hardly any queue).

We'll mainly be coordinating through the community's Mumble, but may switch to our own (details in the guild tab in-game) if things are too busy in there. If you can't be arsed with Mumble, we'll be firing off stuff in text chat anyway (we can use /squad//d since I'll have my tag on).

Post here if you're up for coming so I have a rough estimate of numbers and can stock up on flame rams accordingly. ;D

Cheers!

Krathor/Seigous/Duke
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

I`ll probably be there for PvE, not sure about WvW though. I tried to play a bit after today`s group hug meetup whatchamajig and my FPS averaged 10-15 at most. My charr necro just hit 70 so unless you`re planning to run Arah I should be good to go.

I'll probably be there. Quest chains, WvW, doesn't matter as long as it is with you guys. *sniffs, hugs everyone*

Count me in, sounds awesome as always.

Activated Node
    I'll hopefully be around

Network Hub
    While i sadly can't promise anything this sounds like the perfect opportunity to finally give that sociophobic plant lady of mine (Lilium) a gentle nudge and force her to finally leave her shadow refuge. Been meaning to get back into occasional wvw-nonsense for a while now, so who knows... i might suddenly appear in /g on saturday to make sure that the meaningfull discussion/manatee ratio in there is still at an acceptable level - Also to die horribly and/or hilariously... my GW/WvW will be rusty!

Yeah I hope to be there, esp. for WvW

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Sounds great - see you there!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Great, I should be there. Also if anyone wants to turn up a bit earlier and do a couple of CM runs, I am going to try and get enough runes of knoble for a complete set (any donations gratefully received).

Activated Node
    Will replenish the supply of ruminant tonics

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    Great, I should be there. Also if anyone wants to turn up a bit earlier and do a couple of CM runs, I am going to try and get enough runes of knoble for a complete set (any donations gratefully received).
    I think I might have some languishing in my bank from CM runs. Will check if I do -- and if they aren't account bound, I'll send them your way.

I think they are account bound.

PVE might be a good start then - WvWvW doesn't generally heat up until after 9ish anyway.

I was thinking this event. I've never been to Timberline Falls so we could have fun trekking over - doing hearts/events on the way!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I think they are account bound.
    They are account bound, but if you have 120 they can be turned into a superior rune of the noble. Not sure how many you get for each run?

Ahhh, I understand. You get 60 for the first run of a day and then less (30 or 20 I think) after that per run. Reminds me that I need to do some more dungeon runs for exoctic gear and runes.

Krathor, that sounds lovely. I'll try to bring my Ele up to level 60 until tomorrow night.

I was joking, I won't. It'll probably be my Warrior that comes along. Although I have to call you a sadist for suggesting an event chain that is obviously located underwater.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I will definitely try to make this event (for once!). I'll bring my ele for the PvE and then maybe switch out/stick with it for the WvW.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    They are account bound, but if you have 120 they can be turned into a superior rune of the noble. Not sure how many you get for each run?
    Sorry, I was talking about the runes themselves which drop from the dungeons. It turns out they are soulbound, even, which is very bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Sorry, I was talking about the runes themselves which drop from the dungeons. It turns out they are soulbound, even, which is very bizarre.
    that explains why there aren't any on the TP, I suppose it's to stop people grinding the dungeons & flogging the dungeon specific stuff for ridiculous amounts of Gold.
    Means runes of the traveler for me then, a whole week trying to find people to run CM would be a nightmare.

I'll be around from 5pm GMT if anyone wants to do a dungeon run.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I will definitely try to make this event (for once!). I'll bring my ele for the PvE and then maybe switch out/stick with it for the WvW.
    Nope, going to have to bow out of this event too as my ISP is being appalling tonight (5-8 second lag on power activation, brilliant). Maybe next time.

Have fun chaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Nope, going to have to bow out of this event too as my ISP is being appalling tonight (5-8 second lag on power activation, brilliant). Maybe next time.

Have fun chaps!
    Aww, I was looking forward to that. Let's hope your ISP gets his act together and delivers next time.