The RPS-core - WvWvW with tactics! Sun 20th Jan at 7pm UK

The previous event had a turnout of 12 (if not a few more over the evening) and we had lotsa fun (and loot as well!).

For a wall of text and the background of the event, please read here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...-Jan-at-7pm-UK

What:
    A 10-15 man (depending on turnout, I know we have at least 20ish people doing WvW) squad that works independently or coordinates with the main GH effort in one of the WvW areas.

There are events like Paint-it-(insert our color here) usually running on Sundays, so we will be most likely be coordinating with them.

When:
    Sunday the 20th of January at 7pm UK time. Expected run time: 3 hours.

Where:
    Meet up in the GH BL - at the citadel. Unless it crashes like last Sunday.

How:
    I'm going to drop Roo's 10-core group composition, because it is not really needed. We had a solid and diverse group last time and as long as we have a couple guardians, mesmers and ranged I'm happy. And lately there's no shortage of mesmers OR guardians.

What's important is that people play whatever class they enjoy the most and work well together.

The rules:
    1. You are running with the group, so you don't chase red targets, you don't chop trees or view vistas. No unscheduled afking, unless your house is on fire.
    2. Everybody must have some siege with them. Easy to get for free by doing the Jumping Puzzle or via cash or badges.
    3. Mumble will be used for comms - most likely the GH community one.
    4. You are part of the team and that team has a leader. There's no arguing during action, save discussions for after the battle. Good or bad, orders are orders!
    5. This is not a karma express or a leveling session, so bring your level 80. A max level toon with rare/exotic gear and full traits makes quite a difference, but you can still run with us if you don't have such a char.

And finally, I'll quote Roo's version of the standard 10core mantra:
    This is not for the faint-hearted. Also as before if you sign up for this, you are running with the team. No slipping away to do your own thing, scout for others, pick your nose, or running off to kill random mobile loot bags. You stick with the group the whole time. We will be mobile, hitting hard, fast, moving on. The team will be expected at any given time to take down twice their own numbers in open field against randoms, and at least hold its own vs equal numbers of premade. This type of play will absolutely not suit someone that likes to do their own thing halfway across the map from the rest of the group - I'll simply remove you.

Please sign up below (mention your class and level) and I'll see you on Sunday!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Activated Node
    I'd love to come (especially as Roo's managed to ruffle my very tired feathers this afternoon), Pzinget 80 thief. Might be abit late on though, so shout if you'd rather I didn't come *sniff sniff*

I'll be there Lippsy lvl80 Mesmer

I should be there, Thrazz lvl 80 mesmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zpinget View Post
    I'd love to come (especially as Roo's managed to ruffle my very tired feathers this afternoon), Pzinget 80 thief. Might be abit late on though, so shout if you'd rather I didn't come *sniff sniff*
    No worries, you're welcome to join us when you can, I guess you'll have to live with the fact that you've missed some lootbags
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Not sure I'll be able to make this one. Between GGJ, and family coming home from overseas this weekend is looking rather crazy (though the relative coming back might lead to me not going to GGJ and thus do xcore)

I should be able to come along, either with Remiare (Guardian) again or with my now level 80 warrior Rocksaw.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I've been frustratingly absent from GW2 for the past few days, so I'm going to try and get back online from tomorrow.

I'll try and come, but due to events which I have to attempt to control, I may not.

Network Hub
    I think I can make this for some elementalism.

Bump for this.

I may not be able to make Sunday night but I am organising something separate for Saturday. I'll know better by the weekend whether I'll be able to come!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Activated Node
    Roo's assembling a Sunday 10 core, and wants at know if we'll run as goat squad.

Network Hub
    Can't we be Gryphon Squad for once?

Activated Node
    I will plush YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Zpinget View Post
    Roo's assembling a Sunday 10 core, and wants at know if we'll run as goat squad.
    Yes, Roo can count on us. But as other guilds run as CHvc or SOE or RotR or Imp or or or, we shall use our own name! Go RPS!

Thank you all for joining last night! Didn't turn out to be what I was aiming for, but I partly blame that on the fact that we owned pretty much everything. I mean, seriously, waypoints in Bay/Hills on WSR and RoF borderlands?

Still, highlights of the evening, NP pulling a 40+ man zerg to wipe us at north camp was a treat and if anyone from RoF is reading this, thank you, much appreciated. We had some very successful caps of Cliffside (is the curse a thing of the past?) and even towards the end our golemizing of Garrison was not in vain.

But the best tactics we've ever used: hiding in the shed at Stargrove. Or behind the logs. And thank you Pzinget for scouting for enemies and dutifully reporting that only one defender was coming, somehow missing the fact that he was spearheading a 40+ zerg.
    Last edited by noaru; 21-01-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Activated Node
    Obviously I am a victim of clipping... And poor eyesight

Sorry I had to leave so early last night; I was pretty knackered!

It was a good night though.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.