Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    wow lot of angry people in this thread.

anyway, Im playing now for 2 days, without any hitch.

Always find it amusing rps folk making up their own content.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    As far as EA are concerned, they are covered and not obliged to provide a refund.
    "As far as EA are concerned" is pretty much the operative phrase, there. Just because they say so doesn't mean it is.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    And now amazon has stopped selling the game for the time being... this surpasses the already disastrous Diablo 3 launch by far.
    Last edited by Subatomic; 07-03-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peschiNL View Post

It's amazing you've had no problems! Bully for you!

I've sat down to play the game twice this week - my only opportunities. The first time, it worked and I built a city I was very excited about. Then the server ate the fucking thing and it was gone forever.

The next time I had a window in which to play, I could not log in to the server.

Bully for you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by peschiNL View Post

Marketeer pls go

I actually got to play a bit today and it looked like it saved my city. Here's hoping it would be somewhat reliable by tomorrow evening. Though I guess the UK release won't help things.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Subatomic View Post
    And now amazon has stopped selling the game for the time being... this surpasses the already disastrous Diablo 3 launch by far.
    Cite? Looks like they're selling it to me. They've stopped selling the Limited Edition because that was being sold only with preorders.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Lookee here:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Art...ywords=simcity

US link

Currently unavailable
    We don't know when or if this item will be available again.

Important Note on "SimCity"
    Many customers are having issues connecting to the "SimCity" servers. EA is actively working to resolve these issues, but at this time we do not know when the issue will be fixed. Please visit https://help.ea.com/en/simcity/simcity for more information.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Estel View Post
    Cite? Looks like they're selling it to me. They've stopped selling the Limited Edition because that was being sold only with preorders.
    The digital version is listed as currently uavailable: http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Art...cm_rdp_product
    Also, the average review score is pretty hilarious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Lookee here:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Art...ywords=simcity

US link

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 100%"]
    Click the button that gets you a physical copy...

Looks like they just ran out of keys. Which would support the "Servers are overloaded" hypothesis.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    Why would you buy a phisical box to enjoy a service, gundato ?

Just for the label code giving you access to the service who can't be found anywhere else atm?

What impression makes a gazilion whatever company if it's unable to provide the next batch of keys to it's biggest "outsourced" distributor, codes that my humble PC could create in .01 of a second, for the entire population of the planet, if provided with the key generator ?
    Last edited by tadada; 08-03-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Because someone has to stand up for the poor old publisher who's probably getting its feeling hurt by all the angry customers on the internet!
    Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Network Hub
    It's so slippery, this product publishers give us, that you can't really put your finger on it. And every time it's something else it's always something that puts the consumer at fault in that particular situation.

Could anyone here, anyone, define what SC5 is, as a product for which one pays ?

How about I google it? lol

Update: my search for the ultimate answer, on life, the universe and CS5 failed.
    Ya know what? I lost all interest.
    The chapter is closed, for me, about this game.
    Some info remains in the back of my head about perma-online DRM.
    And that's that.
    (thank you, kiril, for the civitas info)
    Last edited by tadada; 08-03-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    It's amazing you've had no problems! Bully for you!

I've sat down to play the game twice this week - my only opportunities. The first time, it worked and I built a city I was very excited about. Then the server ate the fucking thing and it was gone forever.

The next time I had a window in which to play, I could not log in to the server.

Bully for you!
    Question (and I realise this sounds more smug than I really mean it to. I'm genuinely interested).

Did you not think this was likely to happen? If not, really? not only were server access issues a given at launch, but 'cloud' saving is always a deeply dubious thing without local backup.

If you did expect this, then did you either think the chances were low, or that you're happy to buy something at launch and simply wait a week for it to work? Or something else?

I'm still struggling to understand the rational reason anyone would buy this game so close to launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    Your observation is true, and it's actually common sense.
    And it highlights something very nicely.

The social norm in which you buy a product because it appeals to you and you want to use it it's not actually what you should do, in IT's case. Games included.
    Even if it's marketed, it's right there, on the shelf, you should wait first.

Is there any other field/market in which this is true? Off the top of my head I can't find any other right now.
    Last edited by tadada; 08-03-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tadada View Post
    Your observation is true, and it's actually common sense.
    And it highlights something very nicely.

The social norm in which you buy a product because it appeals to you and you want to use it it's not actually what you should do, in IT's case. Games included.

Is there any other field/market in which this is true? Off the top of my head I can't find any other right now.

Basically any luxury?
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post

Basically any luxury?
    "Once you can afford it", that is true for any product, even bread. Luxury does not differ from any other product.

Software (games included) does. You must wait for it, even if you can afford it and even if it's for sale as a finished product.

Any other example ?

Quote Originally Posted by tadada View Post
    Software (games included) does. You must wait for it, even if you can afford it and even if it's for sale as a finished product.
    I want a custom action figure consisting of my head and Jude Law's body. I will have to wait for that to be manufactured.
    I want a PS4/New Android/Other High Demand Item. I will have to wait until it is my turn in line to buy one.
    I want an out of print book/trade paperback/Danish Sex Doll. I will have to wait until I can find one at a reasonable price on the interweb/at my local comic book shop/on the interweb.

It is all supply and demand. There are only X PS4s, but 9X of us want to buy one. There are only Y slots on the SC5 servers, but 20Y of us want to play. Simple as that.

Network Hub
    I want a custom action figure consisting of my head and Jude Law's body. I will have to wait for that to be manufactured.
    I want a PS4/New Android/Other High Demand Item. I will have to wait until it is my turn in line to buy one.
    I want an out of print book/trade paperback/Danish Sex Doll. I will have to wait until I can find one at a reasonable price on the interweb/at my local comic book shop/on the interweb.
    It's not there on the shelf as a finished product, now, is it?
    If it were you could just reach out and grab it.

Shelf, virtual or real, finished product you can afford.

Try again.

It is all supply and demand. There are only X PS4s, but 9X of us want to buy one. There are only Y slots on the SC5 servers, but 20Y of us want to play. Simple as that.
    Nope, you have to wait for bread to be baked too.
    No difference.
    But once it's done, on the shelf, nicely cooled, and you can afford it, it's just as any other product. Bread or PS4s are astonishingly alike.

But not the software.

Try again, please.
    Last edited by tadada; 08-03-2013 at 02:41 AM.