Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakeShark View Post
    Typically we classify a city as any place with two major league baseball teams.
    No no no. That means we'd have to accept Los Angeles as a city, and there just ain't no fuckin' way.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Coming soon, SimHamlet

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    "Beta" keys are a-floating all around the web - supposedly many available tomorrow - hopefully I'll be able to see the beta (demo) and see if the underlying game is compelling.
    I am actually interested to see the simulation engine in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    No no no. That means we'd have to accept Los Angeles as a city, and there just ain't no fuckin' way.
    Relax, they only have one, no matter the naming convention of the Angels. It's not like they claim the Ducks in hockey. Alright, two baseball teams and at least one football team. Just because you have the Jets doesn't mean your additional suffering makes you any better.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    In the UK cities can be very small, sometimes with a population of under ten thousand. I believe the only requirement is that the city is home to a cathedral.

But yeh it kind of sucks that the engine only supports relatively small maps. I'd rather have depth than size any day, but surely the size of a city is one of the key components of how difficult it is to manage? Either way, I'll certainly pick it up when it's on sale as it does look incredibly relaxing to play. Love the plop sounds when you place a building.
    It would be a delight if the first order of business in any city in SimCity is to place your cathedral. Besides, I can't think of any cities in the UK as small as those in SimCity5 - I think St Albans is possibly the smallest but despite its cathedral and once grand historical status most people don't really consider it a city I think - just a town.

Relax, they only have one, no matter the naming convention of the Angels. It's not like they claim the Ducks in hockey. Alright, two baseball teams and at least one football team. Just because you have the Jets doesn't mean your additional suffering makes you any better.
    Why not? We claim the Jets and the Giants and they don't even play in the same goddamn state! And Sanchez is just good enough to be disappointing. In fact, I think the twin disappointments of Mark and Eli is at least partly responsible for the resurgent interest in the Knicks.

But I digress.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

So in summary so far: SimCity's getting smaller, and not more complex to justify it.
    Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SanguineAngel View Post
    It would be a delight if the first order of business in any city in SimCity is to place your cathedral. Besides, I can't think of any cities in the UK as small as those in SimCity5 - I think St Albans is possibly the smallest but despite its cathedral and once grand historical status most people don't really consider it a city I think - just a town.
    Technically, the City of London is the smallest city in England.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Technically, the City of London is the smallest city in England.
    Wow, I had to google that. You learn something new! That's pretty cool. Still, Greater London is obviously a smidge larger.

Also, I have just picked up on something, would love proof to the contrary: It seems that all the screenshots of the game I see all the maps are either flat or populated with elevated terrain on which you cannot seem to build. Is that right? Are all our Sim Cities going to be tiny pancakes?

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineAngel View Post
    Wow, I had to google that. You learn something new! That's pretty cool. Still, Greater London is obviously a smidge larger.

Also, I have just picked up on something, would love proof to the contrary: It seems that all the screenshots of the game I see all the maps are either flat or populated with elevated terrain on which you cannot seem to build. Is that right? Are all our Sim Cities going to be tiny pancakes?
    It would seem so. That hasn't stopped me from loving the Anno games though, so once again I remain hopeful about this game :)
    Read more here (On hold) or on Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I got a beta code by staking out Twitter. Maybe it'll work for you. It only took a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Why not? We claim the Jets and the Giants and they don't even play in the same goddamn state! And Sanchez is just good enough to be disappointing. In fact, I think the twin disappointments of Mark and Eli is at least partly responsible for the resurgent interest in the Knicks.

But I digress.
    Yeowch, that's like saying we'd turn to the MLS team in town because the Sox are trying to out-do the Cubs in disappointment.

Yeowch, that's like saying we'd turn to the MLS team in town because the Sox are trying to out-do the Cubs in disappointment.
    When you have two teams per sport for a lot of sports, throwing your lot in with any one team is just a bit self-defeating.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Banned
    So is anyone from RPS in?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If anyone want to send a Beta code my way, I will send a 3000 line "undocumented feature list" to EA on the game. :)

If I had one I'd send you it so fast my keyboard would explode Ben.

I hate marketing strategies like this where they force you to monitor social media sites and then throw out a key every ten years for everyone to fight over. Balls to your beta.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    I hate marketing strategies like this where they force you to monitor social media sites and then throw out a key every ten years for everyone to fight over. Balls to your beta.
    I almost started trying to use Twitter because of the Borderlands golden keys.

Then someone made a Steam group that keeps track of all of them.

What's Twitter again?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post

What's Twitter again?
    Exactly, plus you have to like them on facebook before you can even have a chance at getting a key. I don't want everyone knowing I'm a fucking loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post

What's Twitter again?
    Borderlands keys? They're superfluous. The ones they post on Facebook, on Twitter, on their website, during every awards ceremony, etc... there's no point.

Why?

Because savegame editors. Dude.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl