Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1374
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    anyone is still playing it? how is the longevity? when I got SC3 I spent two months, pretty much my whole summer holiday playing this game alone.
    Is anyone actually doing that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    anyone is still playing it? how is the longevity? when I got SC3 I spent two months, pretty much my whole summer holiday playing this game alone.
    Is anyone actually doing that?
    I think the RPS region is still full of people playing it.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    You think..
    You don't know for sure...
    Catch my drift, Phish? You are not playing it your self :D

Quote Originally Posted by Subatomic View Post
    Garbage dump? Power plant? Who needs those!

http://imgur.com/a/gW7F9
    Charming.
    I tried it in SC4. It doesn't work.
    As I said, SC4 is much more of a game than the 10 years later SC.
    Last edited by tadada; 31-03-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Again. This game was playtested? This is why I don't buy EA games anymore. They have a polish on the top, but I'd much prefer something with polish and less marketing (Endless Space?) or slightly less polish but more engaging gameplay (Tropico4? Not tried to break it with bugs, but it at least plays better than SimCity).

Not meaning to be cruel to the developers, but I see little more than a glorified Cow Clicker in the Sim5 game. :(

Activated Node

Aha ! Taxes and municipal services are the root of all crime and disease ? Who coded that idiocy ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    and there is no road maintenance? the fuck?

Network Hub
    I'm not sure if that's an atypical situation for the game, but how the heck does that happen? Seriously, they really need to fix the underlying systems in the game.

Banned
    http://imgur.com/a/gW7F9 Is that going to turn out to be another person using sandbox mode..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtB2ZfVuLhY

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by tradaa View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/gW7F9 Is that going to turn out to be another person using sandbox mode..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtB2ZfVuLhY
    That's if comparing to a game from the last century wasn't pathetic enough...

Let's see.... the parameters simulation is the same,
    Agent simulation was the same as in Cesar 3 (Pharaoh), meaning 1998 (improved now, don't know how much).

SC is basically a 1999 game on a brighter colors game engine, played forcefully online for no reasons whatsoever regarding the actual play, sold today for 60-80 euros.
    Why did they even bother to do it?
    EA is retarded.
    14 years retarded, to be precise.
    Last edited by tadada; 01-04-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tadada View Post
    That's if comparing to a game from the last century wasn't pathetic enough...
    mmmmmmmmmm Isn't constant improving how we have ended up with the shooters of today.

true, but this game says its a direct sequel to another game. and it does nothing new nor improve, quite the opposite.

Only the graphics are better, I assume.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Does anyone else hope that tradaa and tadada are actually the same person with a split internet persona?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Does anyone else hope that tradaa and tadada are actually the same person with a split internet persona?
    tradaa's been accused of being a sockpuppet twice in this thread alone.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nah, probably someone trolling tradada. Could be either. I'd say 50/50 so not bet either way.

Interestingly, it seems there were less exploits to the older games (Sim4 included), than SimCity has. I don't remember being able to build a "cheat" city in (years of) 2000, (the short play of) 3000 or the (years of) 4 and rush hour. The only exploit in rush hour I know of is to keep doing "missions" to get money, but that's a feature, not a "bug". A bit like the hero/villian DLC is a feature for city improvement that's a bit "cheaty" compared to the base game. It's suppose to be. :P

Really, if this game had a working population multiplier (I don't care if it's faked, as long as it works. currently, it's broken), a working demand/supply of RCI and a working transport system (for special units, such as police etc as they did IN SIMCITY 4, I'M SHOUTING BECAUSE THE LAST GAME HAD THESE THINGS!), I'd get the game. Really, the DLC and DRM made me put off purchase (first week server crashes were foreseen by me, and my wallet does not wish for it). But the continued lack of purchase power this game has stems from it's bugs, broken features and lack of gameplay, not it's DRM. The exception being server based saves (not even location blind "cloud" saves, or optional like Steam), which would be like asking me to regurgitate my food as a requirement to eat at a restaurant.

Network Hub
    The wonders of logging in a forum where everyone apparently is excellent to everyone else...
    One of the wonders is to be trolled with an account like that and to be accused of being the one doing it. Hahaha
    Like Adidas would suddenly produce Adibas too.
    I feel honored that someone made this small effort to troll me.
    I must have been right on something and the troll in him could not keep up.
    It's a honor.
    Thank you very much.

I'd just like to clarify that I think it'd be funny if it was you. I'm not accusing you of anything.

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Yes, it would be funny.
    But an empty white rectangle to write into (maybe) a piece of my mind is well enough for me, I don't need more accounts and fuzzy stuff like that.

What I do miss is Tony Robinson's eloquence speaking about the british banking system; and to make the necessary correlations with the gaming industry that spawns crap like SC.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18642323

* I presume everyone posting after this is doing so only on a short pause from applauding Tony...
    Short and to the point this fella.
    Last edited by tadada; 01-04-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just loaded up a game of SimCity 4 after the Simcity 2000/5 comparison article on another site (not really fair, the games 20 years different :P). But is 10 years enough to see any improvements.

Here is the thing. Name 1 thing other than the graphics SimCity 5 has that 4 does not. Ok, I'll make 1 other assumption, that's social play. Basically, if I added social play and 3d graphics to 4, I'd see no improvement with 5.

As an example, I can see individual Sims routes to work (though not agent based). I can set up a few agents (Sims) and even check the thoughts of the sprite Sims (though not agents, they are graphical and iterative). I also see less ways to break systems.

So, is there 1 thing the new game has that the old one does not?

It's possibly a small thing, but one thing I really like the style of in SimCity 5 that 4 didn't have was that buildings are expandable. You build your shipping depot or your city hall and you can buy add ons for them and snap them into place. The same with parks, all the parks can be linked in together.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    True. That is nice. What amazes me, is what they removed to add that. :P
    Tried the "city with no industrial" in SimCity 4. While powerplants, fire stations etc do supply jobs, parks do not seem to. So you can keep a city going, but it's population stays very small without any other driving force. Plus paying for the infrastructure is hard to balance with the taxes (no magic zero tax break unless you get out of state funding emergency measures).