Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar

So who's getting Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed?

It's an arcade kart racer, in the same style as Mario Kart, but made by Sega. More specifically made by Sumo Digital, who have made a variety of sports games with a particular focus on racing. So far, the game has received high praise including numerous suggestions it is the superior to MK. PC features include it being the best version, outside of not having the Wii U's party games, local split-screen for 4(!!) people which can be then carried into a 10 player online race.

Unfortunately, it does seem to be limited to DX9, but I suppose that means it should work on any system built in the last few years. The gameplay and soundtrack should make up for that too, not to mention split-screen, guys. Split-screen. On the PC. Who doesn't like that?! Release price is £20, pre-order bonus of 10% off on Steam, but you can get it for £13.50 on GMG at the mo, with its 10% pre-order bonus, plus a further offer that GMG seem to be doing on a variety of games.

So, who's getting it?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

I got a copy for a little lower than that (about £12.50) by getting in on a US 4-pack. The console versions have gotten absolutely glowing reviews. (Lots in the 87-92% kinda bracket), and the general vibe is that this is the first big competition Mario Kart has had in ages. It's also budget-price, and the PC version sounds like it has everything the console versions do with one tiny exception - the 360 and Wii U versions let you use custom avatars/Miis as drivers - but more exclusive characters to compensate.

They're also not cutting split-screen or online play this time. Looks like it'll be the best version of a very good game, no question.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Preordered at GMG.

I've no idea what new characters they've included in the game (been trying to stay in the dark, aside from the overall "vibe" it's been getting) but I assume in case of emergency, I can always fall back on Beat.

Seen friends play it on WiiU, seems enjoyable enough. Might grab it on a sale at some point.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

As good as the PC trailer looks, it's this review that pushed me over the edge and sold me on the game:

That, combined with the crazy budget price (it's literally $20/£12.50 if you get in on a US priced 4-pack on Steam) makes it a bit of a no-brainer. Not bought a racing game in some time, but the combination of nostalgia and the repeated suggestion that this is as good as if not better than Mario Kart? Yeah, sold.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Not my kind of cup to be honest.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Network Hub
    looks more like diddy kong racing which was always way better than any mario kart

does it support a controller on PC?
    Last edited by biz; 18-01-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Tarason View Post
    As good as the PC trailer looks, it's this review that pushed me over the edge and sold me on the game:
    Heh, the Danica Patrick part made me laugh. But yes, it looks surprisingly good, and I haven't really played a kart game since Mario Kart 64, so...

Quote Originally Posted by biz View Post
    ldoes it support a controller on PC?
    The previous game had native 360 pad support, so this one is going to have at least XInput support. Any other pad you can just use x360ce to emulate that function if it doesn't have basic directinput support - about 95% of multiplatform games natively recognize the 360 pad these days and even change button prompts as appropriate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biz View Post
    looks more like diddy kong racing which was always way better than any mario kart
    Blasphemy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    If there's enough of us who get it then, we could potentially set-up a race day/event time some point during the week.