Thread: Digital Storm?

Digital Storm?

Anyone have personal experience with Digital Storm PC's? I'm considering purchasing a Desktop from them.

Obscure Node
    I haven't used Digital Storm (insert standard argument that building yourself is fun, easy, and cheaper here), but I took a look at their budget ($799) rig, and it seems like they are at least making good hardware choices. I recently built an almost identical computer, and it's a fine low-budget gaming rig. They even did not cheap out too much on the power supply, which I've noticed a lot of builders tend to do with their lower end options. I can't comment on price compared to other builders, but my build cost somewhere in the range of $400-500 after rebates (without a copy of Windows) for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by return0 View Post
    I haven't used Digital Storm (insert standard argument that building yourself is fun, easy, and cheaper here), but I took a look at their budget ($799) rig, and it seems like they are at least making good hardware choices. I recently built an almost identical computer, and it's a fine low-budget gaming rig. They even did not cheap out too much on the power supply, which I've noticed a lot of builders tend to do with their lower end options. I can't comment on price compared to other builders, but my build cost somewhere in the range of $400-500 after rebates (without a copy of Windows) for comparison.
    Typically I would build it myself, however, I'm active duty military and dedicating the necessary time to said project isn't feasible on my schedule. Just looking for anyone that had had experience with them.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    Typically I would build it myself, however, I'm active duty military and dedicating the necessary time to said project isn't feasible on my schedule. Just looking for anyone that had had experience with them.
    That's about as good of a reason as humanly possible for buying pre-built. I just noticed that no one seems to be replying with first hand experience, so I figured I'd share the fact that they made the exact same hardware choices I did, which I view as a good sign for quality.
    Last edited by return0; 20-01-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Changed "would" to "did" in last sentence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I've had a couple of outstanding experiences with Digital Storm and would recommend them highly. They're reasonably priced, highly flexible with respect to hardware, and do extensive testing before shipping stuff to you. My current system was built by them, and has been rock solid for five years now.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I've had a couple of outstanding experiences with Digital Storm and would recommend them highly. They're reasonably priced, highly flexible with respect to hardware, and do extensive testing before shipping stuff to you. My current system was built by them, and has been rock solid for five years now.
    That is pretty much what I've been reading with regards to DS. I appreciate the comments.

DS Slade here I come!

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/co...ice=%242%2C672

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    That is pretty much what I've been reading with regards to DS. I appreciate the comments.

DS Slade here I come!

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/co...ice=%242%2C672
    That is a really nice case, and I could certainly use those dust filters! Anyway, happy to help and I hope your experience with them is as positive as mine have been.