Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    Came here after the thread was mentioned on the Unclaimed World news item but there isn't really much to see, is there? Unclaimed World got me excited by showing gameplay video, but this is "just" a design document with some mock-ups as far as I can tell. If it works, then great because the more space colony games the better but I think I'll reserve judgement until I can see how the game actually plays.

EDIT: it occurs to me that there are now actually quite a few space colony games in development, this, Unclaimed World, Maia and a couple of others that have been mentioned on RPS but whose names didn't stick. I'm not sure I ever actually played anything like this before, apart from Alpha Centauri which I don't really count as it was more about struggling against other civilizations than against the environment. Is Space Colony HD (available on GoG) worth picking up?
    The Unclaimed World team have been working on their game for I believe two years now, I admit to being very interested by it! Frontier exploration on another world, very neat! We haven't been doing code for Terminus for that period of time, we don't have as much to show as far as gameplay goes yet, though we are working on a gameplay video to show what it plays like.

I encourage you to reserve your judgement! You've told us what you want to see in order to be convinced, so we'll bring it to you.

Terminus differs from most of these current 'space colonization' games in a lot of ways. Maia is really a god-game like Dungeon Keeper, and it's an awesome-looking one at that! While Unclaimed World seems to have a very zoomed-in focus on characters. Terminus pulls further back than both of them and deals with buildings and the broader policies of running a colony. Less focusing on the details, more on the bigger picture.

You're right in that there is some influence from Alpha Centauri thematically but mechanically there are major differences.

Network Hub
    They've posted details on all their team members and such -- seems like quite a young team, overall, but I think that's maybe a good thing when dealing with trying to do something a little bit new like they are. The new stuff is wayyy at the bottom on here: http://www.indiegogo.com/terminusgame/x/2184953

Still a long way to go... come on, folks, give us some more things to whet our appetite and make us click that backing button. :)
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Still a long way to go... come on, folks, give us some more things to whet our appetite and make us click that backing button. :)
    We've been working on representational gameplay footage to show in the next update video. It's slowed down the release of the video because we weren't planning on having gameplay footage in this one yet, but people have been really clamoring for it. We might end up splitting the planned video into two videos... I will see what I can do.

Sweet - looking forward to the next update then!
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure I'm already sold on this, but update away.