Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Only if he was carrying the ball IIRC.
    If a thrown player hits one of your own players and you injure them does that cause a turn over, it seems like it would.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    If a thrown player hits one of your own players and you injure them does that cause a turn over, it seems like it would.
    Yep, if you land on a member of your team your turn is done, even if the ball wasn't involved. Very rare of course as coaches generally aim 4 squares away from any members of their team for this reason, but sometimes you have to risk the 3 unlucky scatter dice... Zara in particular seems to be something of a 'fling magnet in my experience :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Unless either of them was the ball-carrier, I don't think so? At least there's no mention of that in the rules for TTM or Right Stuff. (That kind of fluke has yet to happen to me so I can't recall form experience.)

Which is odd, since self-injuries with bombardiers do cause turnovers.

EDIT: Ahh found it, under the general rules for Turnovers (page 7). Z is right.
    Last edited by Screwie; 21-02-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Standard rule Screwie; turns end when any member of the active team is knocked down. The thrown player is given a pass on this standard rule, but no one else is.

Yeah I just found it after more digging, thanks though :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Remember those matches where the dice rolls are against you so much that your paranoia could swear the opponent was hacking? You know the matches I'm talking about - ALL OF THEM. Well the shoe was on the other foot this time. My opponent was a little better than me, he kept making sound moves, and it seemed like the dice killed him every time. It's a dizzying experience to know you should've lost, yet here you stand.

Getting a bit impatient, I've already watched Angry Joe Vs Crendor 3 times. Two of the participants have yet to post their match.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Remember those matches where the dice rolls are against you so much that your paranoia could swear the opponent was hacking?
    That's how the fouling thing got going... And nuffle rewarded me with broken elves, yes i lost the game, but the other player was thinking of retiring their team... now THAT is a promotion earned.

As we're talking about what causes turnovers, its also worth pointing out that accidentally pushing one of your own players off the pitch during a block/blitz does not cause a turnover.

"What sort of idiotic manuever caused you to discover this", you ask?

Well, it seems that pushing an opponent's player into one of your own who would normally then be forced off the pitch, but should not due to Side Step (providing an adjacent square is available), apparently ignores the Side Step skill entirely and forces them off the pitch as if they didn't have it. I assume this isn't the case with your opponent's players, who get to use Side Step as normal.

Has anyone else noticed this? I know it's quite a rare sequence of actions, so it may well have been a bug in the game since the very start.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    You can download replays of other people's games via the BloodBowlManager programme (instructions on how to download it are elsewhere on this forum).

Get it, then go to the "Matchs" tab (the creator, SuperJC, is French, so some of the spellings are a bit dodgy!). Then go to the dropdown "all leagues" menu, and some of the RPS guys upload their games to the Divisions of Death league. Zoraster's matches are always worth a look, but I believe Drawlien, Jolima and Jiiim also upload games, and all those guys are definitely worth checking out too (those are only the people I remember uploading matches - if you upload and I missed you out it's just I forgot you, I mean no offence!). If you let me know what race you are interested in watching I might be able to recommend some good OCC games to download too.

In other news, Weasel has a game against the mighty SuperJC I believe tomorrow.
    I killed his bull centaur, he lamed a beastman. I scored a touchdown, he didn't.
    His dice stank in the first half, poor bastard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Chaos dwarves are horrible and must be stopped. Nice to see another one dead.

Reason why I got the game. It's decent enough, a bit silly with the cages and the running around behind people and the block-assist mechanics.

For the more experienced players, do you guys use Throwers and goblins on your orc teams? I've really enjoyed using a thrower as I 've managed to get two +1 agility blitzers, but am not sure if Goblins are worth it. Are they a lot of fun or do they end up unbalancing the team?

I'm only playing against AI but would love to hear your thoughts.

Goblins actually might not suit your oddly green Elves. But they are a good candidate for a catcher normally. They are also good for providing assists and marking up players. If you get any dodge orcs you might well find goblins rise in value too as you'll provide distractions/dilution for the tacklers. But of course goblins are ideal foulers.

They are not essential but they are useful, you could even have your troll throw ball less goblins into your back field to be a threat for catching the ball and scoring the following turn.

But 1 goblin means 1 less orc and with AG4 blitzers you may have all the finesse you need.

Thanks Helio. Might be fun to play with once I've built up most of my SPP. Was just surprised to see that you can buy 4 of them for the team.I also really want to play a bit more Chaos and Skaven so I can check out the mutation side of things. Looks like fun!

Back on topic *spoiler* Jesse did surprisingly better this time around against TB. That block/tackle combo for Chaos Dwarves is vicious!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Goblins actually might not suit your oddly green Elves. But they are a good candidate for a catcher normally. They are also good for providing assists and marking up players. If you get any dodge orcs you might well find goblins rise in value too as you'll provide distractions/dilution for the tacklers. But of course goblins are ideal foulers.

They are not essential but they are useful, you could even have your troll throw ball less goblins into your back field to be a threat for catching the ball and scoring the following turn.

But 1 goblin means 1 less orc and with AG4 blitzers you may have all the finesse you need.
    All goblins are ball less, Helio. They grow from fungal spores, that's canon.
    Wait, is that just the space ones?

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    All goblins are ball less, Helio. They grow from fungal spores, that's canon.
    Wait, is that just the space ones?
    That's just the space ones. That is to say, Orks (and their brethren), not Orcs.

According to HammerWiki:

It has never been confirmed by Games Workshop how greenskins reproduce, however early in the history of Warhammer, Citadel Miniatures, the modelling arm of Games Workshop, produced a line of female Orcs. This has since been discontinued and Games Workshop have not mentioned the female Orcs since.
    Female Orcs. Nuffle help us.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A female orc is technically called an orcette.

I thought it was an orca?

Female Orc circa 'Orcs Must Die 2' named 'Ball and Chain'
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 27-02-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Female Orc cira 'Orcs Must Die 2' named 'Ball and Chain'
    Good lord. I've completed that game, and I had no idea that thing was female.
    www.teamsao.com