Results 1 to 20 of 49
01-06-2013, 01:39 AM #1
[VS] Girofficers: What they are and how to become one
What does the rank of Girrofficer mean?
This rank is given to any member who wishes to take on the responsibilities of being Radio Operator and Squad Leader during "split comms" situations when we are in channels that conatin only one or two squads working with other squads.
Girofficer "specialists" are those who have taken on extra training for roles of TACGIR squad leader and/or liaison. We are working out the best way of indicating this. (Probably as part of a re-vamp of the roster on the website.)
Application and Promotion process
To apply simply ask a Balloon Leader in game and/or use the application form on the outfit website
As before anyone can put themselves forward for the rank. Please ask if you would like to take these responsibilities on. Being granted the rank will require a very short introduction by a Balloon Leader and confirmation that you have covered points 1 to 3 below.
Verification & Promotion
After applying the member will meet with a Balloon Leader. The following will be checked by the Balloon Leader, and so it helps to have done these before hand.
1) The applicant is willing to take on the roles of Squad Leader (SL) and Radio Operator (RO) during split-comms situations (where we use more than one Mumble channel, usually one or two squads per channel). (Note: This does not mean that they have to volunteer when asked).
2) The applicant has read & understood (and had the chance to ask questions about) the section on the outfit guide that offers advice for "best practice" for the roles of SL and RO.
Links to the guides:
3) The applicant has organised their Mumble shortcuts as per the guide and had this verified by a Balloon Leader.
4) OPTIONAL: The applicant has undergone mentoring for roles of SL and RO (and at least knows to ask at any point in the future if they want mentoring on these roles).
5) OPTIONAL: The applicant has undergone mentoring for TACGIR squad lead and is willing to take on the role of leading squads in a 'tactical' manner. (Indicated on the outfit website in the roster as "Girofficer - TACGIR specialisation")
6) OPTIONAL: The person has been given the details for "The Vanu Accord" teamspeak, setup as commander in the RPS channel there and has been introduced to the role of liaison as well as read the outfit guide to the role. (Indicated on the outfit website roster as "Girofficer - Liaison specialisation")
If steps 1-3 have been verified by a Balloon Leader, then the applicant will be promoted.
Balloon Leaders must record their promotions on the outfit website using the form provided
An aside: I hate the smell of hierarchy this brings. What with ranks and nonsense, and making it more formal. Please bear in mind that the reasons for this remain the same as the original introduction of the rank: To highlight people capable of a certain role within the outfit. As the outfit has matured, what the rank signifies needs to change to ensure things run smoothly.
Last edited by Cooper; 05-11-2013 at 06:04 PM.Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
01-06-2013, 01:49 AM #2
Ill try and do some of these at some point, and post up a list/edit the list of people.
Might want to note that having a beacon is still a very useful part of this, and should probably still be a formal requirement?
We could do with a link to the guide from the website, if its not already there and im just missing it?
Do we want to be:
-Linking people to the doc? (open document, people could edit it)
-Linking prople to the forum post on guides
-Reading out the information to the group of people to make sure they hear it?
Last edited by BasicPauly; 01-06-2013 at 02:08 AM.
01-06-2013, 08:35 AM #3
beacons and the having of them can always be conveyed on the spot. we dont need a rank for it.
01-06-2013, 09:00 AM #4
Would like to sign up Steps 1-3 should all be done, just need verification.
01-06-2013, 09:20 AM #5
01-06-2013, 09:54 AM #6
01-06-2013, 12:57 PM #7
The outfit guide is here:
Scroll down to the "role guides" for SL and RO.
I will migrate this info to the website asap.
In the meantime, please do ask to be run through steps 1-3 by a BL and get verification. Until I get something setup on the website, can we post any verifications in bold here so I don't miss them pelase.Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
01-06-2013, 01:29 PM #8
Actually, I could do the migration of the role guides. I've got editor status, so I can do tthat for you. No need to burden you further. Did you intend to post them as separate posts or all in one?
01-06-2013, 04:56 PM #9
- Join Date
- May 2013
I'd like to sign up too. Same as Cei and Agemman, I should have steps 1-3 completed so I (hopefully) just need verification. I might be on tonight if any BLs are, otherwise will try to arrange something in the next few days.
01-06-2013, 07:31 PM #10
I'd like to get some verification if anyone is on tonight or tomorrow, too.
01-06-2013, 07:37 PM #11
TDMoogle's Mumble binds verified. Rank set to Giraffe Beacon (as it is still called in-game).
01-06-2013, 09:25 PM #12
Cei was verified by someone. Was it ApricotSoup?
Last edited by EsotericReverie; 01-06-2013 at 10:08 PM.
01-06-2013, 11:49 PM #13
I didn't do it, I'm not a balloon leader so probably need a verification or something myself :P
02-06-2013, 12:10 AM #14
List in bold, for ease of viewing:
These guys are confirmed for steps 1-3
Not sure about in game names:
For ease of use, can we have just make another rank (Girofficer) with the same permissions, and as we promote people they will change into this rank? Easy way to keep track.
Last edited by BasicPauly; 02-06-2013 at 11:13 PM.
02-06-2013, 10:35 AM #15
02-06-2013, 03:33 PM #16
Verified Bazzabat and Joriath and Age
Last edited by Boris; 02-06-2013 at 06:51 PM.
02-06-2013, 06:51 PM #17
Damn you are fast Boris. I was just going to post you confirmed me.PS2 Ingame: Agenious
02-06-2013, 07:03 PM #18
02-06-2013, 07:16 PM #19
02-06-2013, 09:51 PM #20
Ive added more people to the list up above ^
Last edited by BasicPauly; 02-06-2013 at 10:53 PM.