Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Lets Play Something That is Not PlanetSide2

Fancy organising a game of something else? Something that isn't PS2?

Find an existing thread for that game in the Game Clubs & General Sociability forum or one of the subforums, or make a new one, then post a link to it as a reply here. Also include the basics, such as date and time. The rest of the organising belongs in the main thread for that game.

Next up: Natural Selection 2
    Tuesday 14th July
    Last edited by Cei; 05-07-2015 at 03:15 PM.
    RPS Mumble Server [mumble.rockpapershotgun.com:64738]
    ServerAdmin

Cities: Skylines
    Ongoing games, informal timing. Sign up in the thread and take turns to pass cities round.
    ServerAdmin

Secondary Hivemind Nexus madmoxxi's Avatar
    Splatoon!!
    If you have a WiiU or thinking about it. Get one and get this!
    It is amazing fun and frustrating at the same time!
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi

Be sure to treat Moxxi well because there's nothing more badass than treating a women with respect.
    -Torgue
    Be my friend on Steam

Oh moxxi, it's not for random games and linking a YT video! This is for organised play sessions for real games (aka PC) The link should be to an organisation thread for the game, though I guess you could make a Splatoon one in the Other Stuff forum maybe? RPS is a bit PC orientated otherwise.
    Last edited by Cei; 04-06-2015 at 07:17 AM.
    ServerAdmin

Lesser Hivemind Node
    She's just too excited because she's a squid now, she's a kid now (I've seen few vids, looks like fun game but I'm not about to buy a WiiU for that).

Though 3rd post would be pretty well done even for RPS standards of "derailment"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Any chance of keeping the main post as the "what we will invade next" schedule? I imagine this will get messy soon.

Also Warframe night is a Monday so we should try and join that. Pick a date Grumpy.
    Steam: Cephas00 | Planetside 2: Cephas00(VS) - CephasTheSecond(NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvornator View Post
    I love a woman who reminds me of a loading screen from a Spectrum game...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus madmoxxi's Avatar
    sorry....
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi

Be sure to treat Moxxi well because there's nothing more badass than treating a women with respect.
    -Torgue
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Warframe this coming monday!

No time like <arbitrary time>.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Network Hub
    That clashes with Gorns all new silly Monday Grumpy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Next Monday then? Gives Warframe folk some time to prepare as well. Since you play in 4s it's probably good to have someone experienced with 3 of us.
    Steam: Cephas00 | Planetside 2: Cephas00(VS) - CephasTheSecond(NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvornator View Post
    I love a woman who reminds me of a loading screen from a Spectrum game...

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyFiveCharactersLong. View Post
    so how many peeps are we getting on this since the max normal squad is only 4 man ( 8 for trials ) and only places that hold more than that are relays and dojo and those have not much do to gameplaywise or are we going with chaperoned squads to help people starting up seeing the multiple familiar names in the rock paper skana clan

brightneontarget / plumbumporifera / aerodynamicastronaut <- last one is for warframe
    missed the thread since i most of the time glaze over the stickys

Lesser Hivemind Node SophiaButler's Avatar
    Ugh if I had a wiiU I'd bee all over splatoon.
    Monstergirls and fun silly pvp shootybangs yes darn please!

---

But yeah warframe sounds nice. spess ninjas n such.

guns of icarus is every saturday at 6pm already, has thread.

How about starting a robocraft thread? we had some success with that already too.

War Thunder is also a game to look into if you like your vehicle pvp games ww2 themed. Has tanks and planes so far.

How would Natural Selection 2 look? it's pretty good for our numbers and for the ones who might want a bit more tactical play.
    Last edited by SophiaButler; 04-06-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    Pretty much all 3 of theze are NSFW sometimez. Also very political.

Twitter; https://twitter.com/Succubee94
    Steam; http://steamcommunity.com/id/SophiaButler/
    Tumblr; http://sophia-butler.tumblr.com/
    Ingame; SophiaButler VS, SophiaTraitler NC, SophiaBuTRler TR.

Why not make this Silly Monday's and we don't have to play Planetside 2 to be silly, but still the option is there. Like GW2 Saturday Night Gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinomatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2uk View Post
    Why not make this Silly Monday's and we don't have to play Planetside 2 to be silly, but still the option is there. Like GW2 Saturday Night Gaming.
    I was going to suggest this myself - maybe alternating or something (it helps string out the in-PS2 silly stuff too, as that tends to run out of steam after several weeks). Having said that, sometimes it might be more sensible to go play these other games the nights those communities play them.

We could attempt to match up with the GW2 people every now and then? They play other games on Saturdays. I agree with sino that coordinating around other groups would be a good thing, but also that alternate Mondays is a good slot in general.
    ServerAdmin

How would Natural Selection 2 look? it's pretty good for our numbers and for the ones who might want a bit more tactical play.
    I've been looking for an excuse to buy NS2. Make it so.

NB: I'll keep my early posts edited with links etc as well to the most current game
    ServerAdmin

Howdy!

As many of you may know, I'm the bloke who started Saturday Night Gaming way back in June last year for the GW2 folks. At the time it was silly for me not to post it in the main Game Clubs... part of the forum, but I do think it's high time for us to do more as a cross-RPS community. That's also part of the reason that spurred this monthly column on the main website and I'd really recommend keeping an eye on it to see what's active at the moment. Cross-pollination is a good thing and a regular night of variety would help that.

That column is also why I'd encourage you folks to take more screenshots at your events; so they can be used and promoted!

From my perspective, definitely try to go for a day other than Saturday; Sophia has made Guns of Icarus a bit of a Saturday staple and GW2 likes to hold a lot of the big events on Saturdays. Mondays would be great. Or Thursdays?

Also note that the GW2 folks haven't done anything internally since mid-April and I linked them directly to Saturday's GoI. I'm sure folks would be willing to get involved something more cross-RPS-y.
    Last edited by Krathor; 04-06-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've been meaning to try NS2 with some RPS folk for a while.

I tried it with Rettaw way back, but it was honestly intimidating to try to sit in the chair and order people around when I hardly knew the game, and something about the units didn't click for me when I played grunt. Playing with a more tight knit squad would be great.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Activated Node
    NS2 is good but the community can be a bit insular. So yeah playing it with a big group of us would be a great way to go.

Also I am hype for Girafframe.
    Steam: Dilapinated