Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    If we're talking about PC only games, I'd have to say Kingpin: Life of Crime was my first bad game because it was so buggy as to be practically unplayable.

I also must give an honorable mention to Lords of the Realm III not for being bad, but instead for being such a phenomenal let down after the brilliant second game in the series.

For non-PC games I'd have to say the dubious honor goes to:
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    Definitely ET on Atari 2600.
    I've found an article in defense of this abomination.

As for this:
    One time my mom bought me The Sum Of All Fears and it was basically the essence of uninspired
    I must say that I played it back when it came out (2002 or so?) and enjoyed it when LANing. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I repurchased it last Christmas during a Steam sale. I played it online with a friend but it did seem to lose some of its appeal.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 23-08-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I also must give an honorable mention to Lords of the Realm III not for being bad, but instead for being such a phenomenal let down after the brilliant second game in the series.
    Not bad? This is the game where having a castle was detrimental, because your defending units were restricted by it but the enemy units could walk right through the walls. Unless they patched it heavily some time after release, it doesn't get much worse than fundamental game mechanics simply not working.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Not bad? This is the game where having a castle was detrimental, because your defending units were restricted by it but the enemy units could walk right through the walls. Unless they patched it heavily some time after release, it doesn't get much worse than fundamental game mechanics simply not working.
    In my defense, I played the boxed version released on day one and only for a few hours that day alone, so I may not have gotten to see all its worst bits.

There is a time in the life of every kid where it realizes that licensed games are mostly garbage and life really is a very unpleasant issue for the most part.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

I've purchased many games where the quality was... lacking when I wasn't an active PC gamer.
    My only 'bad' game since I've started using steam was Cities XL 2011; I absolutely loved SimCity 4 and the game looked perfect only to realise it was a heavily dumbed down version, with just fancier graphics. Good thing I got it during the steam sale (€9) but that's still too much.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    "The Simpsons: Bart Vs The Space Mutants" on ye olde Amiga 500.

It was a HATEFULLY DIFFICULT and also HATEFULLY TERRIBLE platformer. Pixel perfect jumping, no checkpoints whatsoever, total inability to explain WHAT THE HELL YOU HAD TO DO, and EVERYTHING killed you IMMEDIATELY.

I don't think I ever beat the first level. I tried a LOT. (was young, had no other games to play)

Just LOOK AT IT! Cower before it's rubbishness...

OK I can one-up you one that in very morbid way, and it is gonna sound pretentious but I swear completely true.
    Not only did I own that crap on Amiga, my brother was playing that game in the background the instant when the inevitability of my own mortality first really struck me (unrelated to the game).

So yeah, shitty game and also forever linked in my mind with the grim reaper.

[ Placeholder for The Old Republic ]