Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Activated Node
    I don't know what the first one was, but the most recent is Winter Voices.

I remember being about 10 or 11 and trying to play Space 1889. I tried and I tried to enjoy it, but I could never get anywhere and nothing made much sense. I'm starting to realize that the problem wasn't me, the game just wasn't very good. And I can finally move on with my life.

Network Hub
    Trespasser. It ran like crap and looked nothing like the box screen-shots. I was too young to appreciate the innovative physics system, but it really was a case of false advertising. I actually got a refund for it.

Other than that? I pay pretty close attention to reviews and demos, so in my fifteen year time of playing pc games, I really haven't ever encountered another stinker. I guess the new Turok game was pretty bad, but I knew that coming in to it and it was only five bucks.

When will someone make a great dinosaur game?

Spore. Really, it opened my eyes on what simplistic PC games are! I'm kind of grateful for it.

Thanks, Spore

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    "The Simpsons: Bart Vs The Space Mutants" on ye olde Amiga 500.

It was a HATEFULLY DIFFICULT and also HATEFULLY TERRIBLE platformer. Pixel perfect jumping, no checkpoints whatsoever, total inability to explain WHAT THE HELL YOU HAD TO DO, and EVERYTHING killed you IMMEDIATELY.

I don't think I ever beat the first level. I tried a LOT. (was young, had no other games to play)

Just LOOK AT IT! Cower before it's rubbishness...

That game holds a lot of nostalgia for me, so I can't say it's rubbish (although it is), but it was hatefully difficult.

Worst game I've ever played? The Simpsons Wrestling. My God, that game was awful.
    "It's not just a fact, it's cold, hard speculation."

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    it wasn't that bad was it? I completed when I was young, so I was fairly tolerant of below par games but I don't remember it being awful (apart from chasing down that bouncy red bird when he decided to run away and usually inevitably started hopping around a lava pit, that was frustrating).
    I remember finishing it, but my tolerance was much much higher back then.
    I think the problems were the controls more than anything. I've always hated camera-relative controls but I've grown a little used to them by now. Back then it was a nightmare.

(Not my first, just a terrible game) I usually try to give everything a chance but when my mother picked up a PS3 for my little bruvas Quantum of Solace was included. 10 mins max. Painfully boring. Not broken or anything, just utterly bland.

Adding to the list of Simpson's games, Bart's nightmare on the SNES was stupidly difficult too and was utterly confusing. I did play the hell out of it though God help me.

Network Hub
    Unreal Tournament 2003. After the glory of the first one, which I bought the week of release and played so much the disc literally wore out, the sequel was just a massive, massive let-down.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Timeshift would be the most recent, played it a few weeks ago. Earliest bad game I can remember playing would be Shade: Wrath of Angels (yea, the name gives it away.).
    Last edited by Shane; 08-08-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Isle Of the Dead and it was the censored version which made it even harder to enjoy. It was worse than Depth Dwellers and Corridor 7 combined which makes it approximately a third of one Dr. Radiaki which, luckily, I managed to dodge in my FPS obsessed youth.

Actually to add to the list whatever version of Carmageddon that appeared on PS1. I played the first one to pieces and was crushed when I started this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    (Not my first, just a terrible game) I usually try to give everything a chance but when my mother picked up a PS3 for my little bruvas Quantum of Solace was included. 10 mins max. Painfully boring. Not broken or anything, just utterly bland.

Adding to the list of Simpson's games, Bart's nightmare on the SNES was stupidly difficult too and was utterly confusing. I did play the hell out of it though God help me.
    The Simpsons Arcade Game was great, however.
    "It's not just a fact, it's cold, hard speculation."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    On Simpsons games:
    Simposns: Virtual Springfield
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...eShotId,37415/

Was dull, boring, tedious...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Definitely ET on Atari 2600. Though I didn't buy it -- 'twas my uncle's copy. Skate or Die! For NES also stunk to high heaven.

As for the first bad pc game? Hmm. I started on the right foot with Diablo, Day of the Tentacle, Quake, Dark Forces and Myst. I couldn't get Humans! To run properly, so maybe that one.
    steam

I also had ET on the Atari 2600. It was bad. Leave it at that. On the PC, well my brother had a copy of King's Quest 8. That was kind of a mess. There was the fact that you couldn't complete it without using a cheat as one necessary quest-item location was horribly glitched.

Edit: I think it had something to do with a feather. Idk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Oh, I'd forgotten about King's Quest 8.

That was terrible.

But my mum bought that, she really enjoyed the previous one, which was actually a good one of ther series. So I guess that doesn't really count for the first bad game I bought. One of the first I actually played from start to end - I was out of pocket money and had nothign else to play...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I had a choice between Laser Squad or this :(

It made me want to shoot myself in the face.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I’ve been lucky too. The first game I actually bought with my own hard earned pocket money was Cannon Fodder, and that was with no prior research. My father was big on PC gaming magazines so gradually I got more and more into researching and can’t recall making any purchases I regret after all these years.

Except for maybe Republic: The Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by CuervoJoe View Post
    The Simpsons Arcade Game was great, however.
    Oh hell yes.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 09-08-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Network Hub
    I've been pretty lucky as well; by the time I started buying games (only about 12-13 years ago) it was pretty easy to get an idea of what a game was like online before ever venturing to the shop, and of course these days you get hundreds of reviews and can watch an entire playthrough within a couple days of a release. I've always had a good idea what to expect. To this day I don't think there's a game I wish I hadn't spent the money on. The first game I bought with my own money was Interplay's 15 Anniversary Compilation or some such. Fallout, Descent, Dragon Wars, MAX, Lost Vikings 2, Battle Chess, Whiplash (Fatal Racing, across the pond - goddamn I loved that game). I think the next thing I bought was Age of Empires. Then Baldur's Gate, I think, and then Starcraft in there somewhere...

I have, probably, lots of (let's say nearer a hundred than fifty) games I've bought on Gamersgate, GoG, and Steam in sales that I can't recall of the top of my head. I'm sure some of them are rather shite, but for the $2 or $3 I probably paid I don't even remember how good something is, let alone care much!

Red Alert 3 was a big turd, but that wasn't exactly a surprise (I had hope; silly me).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Honeyslut View Post

It made me want to shoot myself in the face.
    Geez, those walls are painful.
    Вы такие сексапильные, когда злитесь.