Secondary Hivemind Nexus

PS2 WIT, prepare for incoming

So, Jim's done his PS2 WIT on the front page.
    We should probably be ready for even more new players.
    For those of you reading this: Hi there. Glad to have you.

Should we do a one-off (or monthly) Newbie Friday or something?
    Anyone got the right character traits to lead it?
    Just a bit of showing people how things work, where the important parts of tech plants are (I still struggle with that), why they shouldn't pull a mag unless they have a Sauron, how to defeat the evil UI, when to laugh at Gribble etc. Of course, with some combat mixed into that. (eg let them gun others saurons, gal drop them onto a tech planet, etc).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hey, that's me squad leading in most of those screenshots. Now I feel sort of nervous...

A good piece, anyway. As usual.

some kind of newbie introduction would be excellent. I'll happily join one of those. Or maybe do a newbie squad/platoon on a purple Wednesday.
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 22-01-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Personally I think we should haze the newbies.

Kicking them out of Gals over The Crown at peak battle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    After silence for about a week I suddenly got a load of people commenting on battle for quartz ridge. Had no idea what was going on til I saw it at the bottom of this WIT. Now I've got all manner of people telling me supportive things like its not quartz ridge in the video and muse are shit. Kind of embarrassed that I bailed on the idea of doing part two, especially since that's the bit that actually takes place at quartz ridge.

I mostly agreed with all the points in the review, I do wonder if I'd still be playing it were it not for you guys. Whenever I log on and nobody is on mumble, I join a pub squad then immediately regret it. It's just not the same.

More importantly, is Jim a giraffe? Never knew, what's his handle?

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    So, Jim's done his PS2 WIT on the front page.
    We should probably be ready for even more new players.
    For those of you reading this: Hi there. Glad to have you.

Should we do a one-off (or monthly) Newbie Friday or something?
    Anyone got the right character traits to lead it?
    Just a bit of showing people how things work, where the important parts of tech plants are (I still struggle with that), why they shouldn't pull a mag unless they have a Sauron, how to defeat the evil UI, when to laugh at Gribble etc. Of course, with some combat mixed into that. (eg let them gun others saurons, gal drop them onto a tech planet, etc).
    Perhaps, if there is indeed a large influx of peope predicted after that? Jim didnt name drop us or any of the other RPS outfits did he. So unless people go out of there way to see if there are any RPS ones that exist, or unless we namedrop ourselves in the comments part of the WIT article we might not see enough footfall for it to be required.

I think its a great idea though (:
    And i'll be willing to help run one of the nights.

Also, as it goes nicely with this idea of outfit growth, (and if 2nd'd enough may require it's own thread) to those of you who record the outfits movements and adventures; what say you to an RPS Giraffes Youtube channel? Thoughts?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick