Network Hub

Remember Rebel Moon/Rebel Moon Rising? Well, one of the devs is a psychopath.

Okay. So I hang out in writerly circles and just had to share this.

So. Rebel Moon and Rebel Moon Rising were, apparently, the product of two guys - one of them, Theodore Beale, is now an author and all around (not) nice guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Beale but, also, http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Theodore_Beale

Anyway. So he wrote a book, it got a bad review on Amazon, and, well. Observe: http://voxday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01...ites-back.html

Also, to keep it related to games, footage of the game, an early FPS of note:

Network Hub
    Looks bad for a Doom mod

Rebel Moon Rising was one of the first PC games I ever played, as it came free with the first PC I ever owned.

For a time I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, until I stumbled across a demo disc for Quake 2, which completely blew it out of the water.

The music makes me very nostalgic though.

Keep it related to the game, or games in general, when the title of the discussion specifically concerns the developers other works and suggested psychopathy? What...

Who the fuck are the "Rabbit People" he is constantly referring to?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    So... why do we need an entire thread bashing one guy for something unrelated to his work in video games?

As a point of reference: Any time I see ANYTHING like this, my first response is always "They are both assholes". So congratulations, you have lowered yourself down to the same level as a racist in my eyes :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    So... why do we need an entire thread bashing one guy for something unrelated to his work in video games?

As a point of reference: Any time I see ANYTHING like this, my first response is always "They are both assholes". So congratulations, you have lowered yourself down to the same level as a racist in my eyes :p
    ;_;

I'm only a _bit_ of an asshole.

Yeah, no, seriously? I'm blown out of the water by all this and in my trauma am kind of clawing out at people I know and pointing at this in a kind of, 'Holy shit did this really happen? Oh my God are people really like this? What is going on?' panic loop.

... I'm frankly relieved that other people I can talk to and not just articles on the internet think this guy's a whackjob. I was worried I was seeing things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDog View Post
    ;_;

I'm only a _bit_ of an asshole.

Yeah, no, seriously? I'm blown out of the water by all this and in my trauma am kind of clawing out at people I know and pointing at this in a kind of, 'Holy shit did this really happen? Oh my God are people really like this? What is going on?' panic loop.

... I'm frankly relieved that other people I can talk to and not just articles on the internet think this guy's a whackjob. I was worried I was seeing things.
    Then post it in the off topic forum

Or at least spin it as something other than a personal attack that makes me wonder when he personally pooped in your cornflakes.

Because honestly, here is what I see:

A racist asshat who is only tangentially related to video games
    Someone with an agenda who is probably going to every forum on the internet to try to personally attack said racist asshat in a context where he can't defend himself

I mean, I understand you are offended and what nots, but this really isn't the right venue. And context makes a huge difference
    Last edited by gundato; 23-01-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.