Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Seems that TotalBiscuit is evil, and now he got a dungeon to play with.

I always knew it.

In other dimension he is the leader of Terran Republic, so is even more evil than you can't even imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post

In other dimension he is the leader of Terran Republic, so is even more evil than you can't even imagine.
    Hes not evil, hes just a heretic. Bow to the will of vanu!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

I love that song.

Quote Originally Posted by venn177 View Post
    I love that song.
    Am I Evil? I am man. Yes I am

Lyrics don't get any better than that

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Biscuit sounded like a Knightmare villain. He didn't even need a laugh button, especially not after that fake exploding healthkit drop.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Hes not evil, hes just a heretic. Bow to the will of vanu!
    Rebel scum, submit to the true leadership!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Am I Evil? I am man. Yes I am

Lyrics don't get any better than that
    I'm as serious as cancer when I say that rhythm is a dancer
    You're about as easy as a nuclear war
    I'm gonna take you to another dimension, pay close attention
    Sunshine Lollipops and rainbows, that's how this refrain goes...
    La a note to follow So (I bet the writer was up WEEKS on that one)

Without songs, we'd have nothing...

Thread got derailed in the first and second post?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    That game looks like possibly unique-ish and good fun, but it's hard to tell when the heroes are getting so easily steamrolled. =\
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    That game looks like possibly unique-ish and good fun, but it's hard to tell when the heroes are getting so easily steamrolled. =\
    From everything I've seen of it the heros are much harder to play than the DM and the game can be brutally difficult to the point that at times it seem unfair. I think the DM player has too much power and knowledge in the game, such as being able to see health bars and number of potions remaining, being able to summon creatures and then take over one to control. All the while it's not like the hero classes are all that powerful in any way and take way too much damage.

Yeah, note how they got reamed on Very Easy (where heroes take 90% less damage). Ok, part is just their inexperience. But come on, those spinning ducks would probably one shot you if they did 10 times the damage (which they do on Normal).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Is there some kind of character growth/permanence? Do the player characters get levels/loot that might help them withstand the harder difficulties?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Is there some kind of character growth/permanence? Do the player characters get levels/loot that might help them withstand the harder difficulties?
    Every game you play gives coins to unlock stuff for heroes. The problem in that video was the heroes were very bad at playing the game.

It is pure holy trinity work for the heroes, the tank takes the damage, the wizard supports and the rogue deals damage. As TB told them in the video the wizard has an invulnerability ray. The idea is the tank wades in to the middle of the group, the wizard makes him invulnerable and then the rogue throws in a bomb and job done.

I played the beta, and its a hard game at first, but when you learn your roles and what the enemies do what it gets easier.

SLightly off topic, but TGS are doing a Bloodbowl tournament next month! Really looking forward to it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    SLightly off topic, but TGS are doing a Bloodbowl tournament next month! Really looking forward to it!
    Yeah. It's going to be a disaster!! Can't wait.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Second video :D

Gotta love TotalBiscuit's videos. The ones over christmas about all the various Steam sales were very useful.

Network Hub
    I do think that when playing with friends it will be more for the fun of it than trying to win as DM. I've never played any D&D or anything similar, but I do know that its more about making a good experience rather than kicking the crud out of the party. Same thing here, make them tense and a few scares but they have a good time in the end!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Two of my friends are DM, and I have talked with them about this. Players want one thing: fun, to kill a lot of stuff and get loot. Players that get crushed by the DM in the first room may never RPG with this DM again in the future, even if the DM was amazing, the story was good, the whole episode and wipe was epic.

But there are styles of DM. Theres this DM that is like a friend, that want you to solve riddles, and visit areas. And then theres this DM that want to lure you to a trap (TB is clearly of the second type). Probably there are more styles.

In a videogame. On the Internet. Against strangers. I think most people will play this like L4D with a human Game Director, and will try to kill the players as fast and stronger as possible. But this is fine!, as a player I can play this like a L4D versus mode.

As game director, I will probably let players advance and get loot, and then lure them to epic traps that are poorly designed but are amazing. And possibly trown everything in my pockets to kill them in the very last room. So this game fulfill both my player agenda and game director agenda.