Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar

sPvP on Thursday?

We haven't had any organised guild sPvP in a while. It might be fun to get a group of RPS-ers in mumble and then descend on an sPvP room for some light-hearted fun. Anybody fancy this? We could do perhaps Thursday at 8pm?

No previous sPvP experience assumed - I certainly have very little!.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I'm up for this! 8pm GMT?

Activated Node
    Haven't played sPvP in sometime but I'd be down.

Better postpone this as it looks unlikely that I'll be able to be online. Should be able to find some time over the weekend.

Ok, no worries. Thanks for posting.

Activated Node
    We did some of this last night after we finished failing at puzzles and goodness me, it was great fun! I'm up for some more
    (Although the penalties for anyone else turning me into a moa will be severe)

Yep last night was great! I like the idea of incorporating sPvP into our regular guild nights, since we already get people together for those and it doesn't require finding another time when everyone is free. And I think it's best with at least 8 of us. But we could certainly try to arrange another sPvP night in the meantime...

Quote Originally Posted by Zpinget View Post
    We did some of this last night after we finished failing at puzzles and goodness me, it was great fun! I'm up for some more
    (Although the penalties for anyone else turning me into a moa will be severe)
    the plight of the flightless moa being rend asunder by blade and pink butterfly :P

There are rumours of sPvP tomorrow at 8pm GMT...

Indeed! Let's see tonight.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Had lots of fun last night. Still getting used to using a torch offhand but it has saved my bacon a few times last night. Also <3 snowman & presents finisher

Last night was good - sorry I left all of a sudden, something came up. Hope WvW went well afterwards!

Activated Node
    Saph, what's this about you being in a FINAL? Have you gotten good?

We had a very successful evening last night with 4 of us (plus Wanderer) running tournaments for the monthly. We even made it into the final match of one of them!

I'm really enjoying SPVP at the moment. I think it's providing me with the tightness of being in a small group like when we're in WvWvW with an even match-up and have to out-smart them.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Out of curiosity: How where your winning percentages? I'm still avoiding PvP because I do not have a firm grasp of all classes and how to counter them. I'd rather avoid wasting time getting roflstomped by people who know what they're doing.

Our winning percentage was pretty low. Perhaps 1 in 3. A good number of the teams we came up against were all quite high-level in PvP (30-40 ish) and had a clear edge on us. That said, we only got stomped a couple of times -- most of the matches were at least competitive. And as Krathor said, we even managed to get into the final of one tournament (though we were helped by our semi-final opponents being 4-man for most of the match).

I think we learned a lot, and it was good fun. I think you don't get a good idea of how to counter classes until you've played against them in PvP a bit. It's only thieves and skilled d/d Eles who are super annoying to come up against.

Activated Node
    Glad you're enjoying it and hooray for winning!

Aah, I like this game. Something for everyone, whether you're an obsessive-compulsive gatherer or keen on stomping the faces of your enemies to dust. Or like me, enjoy a bit of everything!

Good stuff, I was too knackered last night or I would've joined. tPvP from time to time sounds like fun, good to hear you weren't stomped too much - my experience from last autumn was much worse.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Obscure Node
    Anyone fancy setting up a PvP group to get the monthly tournaments done? It was a lot of fun last time and we had a 33% win rate (with most of losses being the early matches) and second place finish. There was a small learning curve but I think it could be good for sharpening our WvW skills when not in a zerg.

I concur. I have found that playing SPVP has actually improved my performance in WvWvW a lot. If we actually plan a night, it'll prevent us from experiencing what happened last time where we rushed in for the last 3 hours lol.

Maybe Saturday night? I have new Internet incoming Friday, so I hope that I'll be able to get on.
    Guild Wars 2: