Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Activated Node

Elder Scrolls Online Opens Beta Registration and Cincematic Trailer?

Hello Friends,

So today Bethesda Studios opened up their beta registration to those of you interested in getting your hands on this game. It looks promising and hope it can deliver some serious results. Below are the attached links including Beta sign up and the cinematic trailer.

Hope You Guys Enjoy,

RedRobin

Beta Sign up: http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com/
    CinematicTrailer:

Do you think this game will be the MMO to rule them all? :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    I thought the trailer was pretty awful, but I still have hopes for the game, especially if they don't completely mangle up the lore, so I signed up. We'll see.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    I thought the trailer was pretty awful, but I still have hopes for the game, especially if they don't completely mangle up the lore, so I signed up. We'll see.

I'm quite opposite,liked the trailer,then when i saw gameplay i nearly vomitted.

Are we ever going to get some really challenging mmo,which include your fighting skills.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Its a very confusing video but very pretty.

So is 3 factions attacking a stronghold... from who? who is this 4th faction?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post

It is indeed quite confusing because they are supposed be allies? And they look like at the end they are about to fight. The cinematic trailer overall quality wise was beautiful. Much better than I personally think WoW Ever did.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I'm quite opposite,liked the trailer,then when i saw gameplay i nearly vomitted.

Are we ever going to get some really challenging mmo,which include your fighting skills.
    Look into the game Blade and Soul. You might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRobin View Post
    It is indeed quite confusing because they are supposed be allies? And they look like at the end they are about to fight. The cinematic trailer overall quality wise was beautiful. Much better than I personally think WoW Ever did.
    This is from the UESP Wiki:

The Elder Scrolls Online is a massively multiplayer online spin-off of the Elder Scrolls franchise. It takes place roughly 1,000 years before the events of Skyrim, specifically, the year 2E 583.

With the end of the Reman Dynasty at the end of the First Era, the Dragonfires go out without an emperor to light them. With the absence of a clear leader, three warring factions—the Ebonheart Pact, the Aldmeri Dominion, and the Daggerfall Covenant—use the opportunity to expand their territory, at the expense of their rivals and the residents of the Imperial province of Cyrodiil.The Tharn family (the family of the infamous Jagar Tharn) forges an alliance with Mannimarco to assist the depleted and surrounded Imperial Army by reanimating their dead. Secretly, Mannimarco betrays his Imperial allies by assisting the Daedric Prince Molag Bal in invading Tamriel in an attempt to incorporate it into his realm. The player character is one of Molag Bal's victims, who has had his or her soul stolen by the Daedric Prince.
    edit: also this:
    Tamriel is divided by three different factions: Skyrim, Morrowind, and Black Marsh are territories of the Ebonheart Pact; the Summerset Isles, Valenwood, and Elsweyr are part of the Aldmeri Dominion; Hammerfell and High Rock are parts of the Daggerfall Covenant. The only province that isn't clearly controlled by any one faction is Cyrodiil, which is technically controlled by the unplayable Imperial faction, though all other factions contest their claim to it.

Banned
    Do you think this game will be the MMO to rule them all? :P
    It's a WoW clone dude.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    It's a WoW clone dude.
    i thought it was a daoc clone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

This game is bullshit.

It looks promising and hope it can deliver some serious results.
    How so? Everything the developers have said boil down to, "It's another cookie-cutter MMO only set in the Elder Scrolls universe."
    Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    How so? Everything the developers have said boil down to, "It's another cookie-cutter MMO only set in the Elder Scrolls universe."

But the question is will it be a BAD ass mmo? Because If its better than WoW and Swtor it has my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post

Fourth faction would be Cyrodill I think, which is supposed to be ruled by a Daedric Prince in the game and up for grabs by the three player run factions.

But the question is will it be a BAD ass mmo? Because If its better than WoW and Swtor it has my time.
    Ah, but does it have your money?

For me, it has to have all the quality of life features and options that City of Heroes/Villains had, the character customization options of Champions Online, the crafting/economy of Eve Online, and/or the sheer amount of content WoW has. If you don't have any of those, you aren't better than anything in the past 8 years.

Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    After the vanilla fantasy land of Cyrodiil and the vastly improved but not particularly imaginative tundra and mountains of Skyrim, the only thing that interests me about ESO is seeing the rest of Tamriel. However, I'm concerned that they may have done a rush job and that the result will simply be an epic quantity of MMO-boring. And that future TES titles will be limited by what ZeniMax Online does with the world.

I don't give a shit about this game and I really don't like how every big budget WoW clone has to make some "EPIC" cinematic video to reel in the fuckin' preorders. I liked Skyrim fine and Skyrim + mods a lot. Why the fuck do they have to try their hand at WoW cloning? It's going to be a dead game after 6 months just like TOR, Warhammer, Age of Conan, ect. ect.

Richard Cobbett wrote a preview for Eurogamer, and it doesn't look too promising :(

(oh, apparently Nathan will write about it as well here)
    Last edited by Faldrath; 19-03-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Eurogamer had some negative Fallout 3 previews and then gave it a 10. Not sure what I'm trying to say here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I really wished they had just made TES with co-op. That is all they needed to do. Do not make it an MMO. Then you are forcing yourself into MMO gameplay and constraints were are the polar opposite of what makes TES TES.

The Avatar kickstarter is the type of offline/online they should go for. Or do Freelancer like servers, where people can host their own worlds.

Hosted Skyrim world, and you can put your own mods and adjustments for your server...to dream.

Gota chase phantom menace of $$$ tho thinking it will get your more money in the long run. Which it could but so risky nowadays is why do it where a Skyrim World would be a huge hit.