Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Network Hub
    There wasn't much need really. With the rate prestige was coming in and my investing in defenses against duels I didn't need to put myself into situations that might end up being dangerous for me. The most obvious such situation would be losing the beast to the "The Beast is Loose" event the moment someone rejects my demand, leaving me much weaker in such a situation than before. I never really counted on the Beast's usefulness much after the initial conquests I did with it because of that reason. It's a fickle legion.

If I would have had to though, I think I would have been able to do damage even without the beast. Am I destroyed yet? I don't see the new save in the folder. Then I'll tell you why. :-)

And last but not least, I had more Curses of Diabolism than I had use for...I could have semi-permanently cursed the 2-3 players who could realistically pose a threat to me. With a loss of 6 prestige for every demand for tribute made I could effectively shut down others. So it's a damn shame this happened, but I guess that's SI for you - when you think you're in the clear, it stabs you in the back! ;-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Excommunication is an awesome and intrinsic part if SI. Being able to to flip out and kill everyone ninja style/constant fear of others flipping out. How close to ending is that game.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Turn's up. Sorry tried to process at work but then I had to, you know, actually work.
    Rinox is like GlaDos (as he's still alive). I thought xcom'd players always played last. Seems I was wrong. Helio you lied to me!

Xcoms are never first (except when everyone is xcom) but they can still be second, third, forth and fifth place depending on their position in a given turn.

Network Hub
    Yeah, you should move before me and deliver the killing blow now. :-)

At least I learned one thing from this game (I'll tell you once you took my head), so it's not all bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Xcoms are never first (except when everyone is xcom) but they can still be second, third, forth and fifth place depending on their position in a given turn.
    I know that... NOW.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    But he goes last this turn!

And if I knew that before I would've puzzle cubed my legion the previous turn

Network Hub
    It's a crying shame I didn't have more hellfire to wipe that legion off the face of the ear erhm hell last turn. :(

Network Hub
    And so, I come undone. Even if I did manage to stop Tikey I would have likely been overrun by Marquis Zahabrax the next turn, so it was pretty much a done deed anyway. I hope you guys have fun dividing up my holdings. :P At least I dragged Tikey's personal guard with me into the Abyss.

I don't mind telling you about my avatar, as it was something of an experiment (that I was quite happy about, too). I was rocking the negative Slothful trait obviously, with both Harbinger (+4 to destruction rolls) and Saturated Ichor (+2 to all ritual rolls). I'd brought most of my stats up to 3 or 4 by the time I was eliminated so my rolls were all about 5-6 and even 11 for destruction.

After my lucky break with the Beast + black ring early on (and getting the City of Dis and the +1 prophecy bonus) I pretty much never worried. I knew that I could nuke any enemy aggression into the ground within a turn or 2, and I didn't need to capture any more land as I was gaining prestige hand over hand anyway.

In addition to that I was gaining a Curse of Diabolism manuscript every turn to 2 turns, and already started chain targetting Tikey and some other players who could realistically still mount a prestige challenge. I had about 10 curses in my vault when I was destroyed, so that means pretty much indefinitely cursing a player til the end of the game if I wanted to (and losing 6 prestige (!) every time he made a demand for tribute).

It's too bad it ended this way, as I feel I did everything right up until now. But that's SI for you - once you think you got it locked down, the game turns around and kicks you in the balls. :-) The ridiculous lack of hellfire at the end didn't help either, but with everyone joining forces at the end and not all my ritual slots free it would have been hard to get rid of all aggressors anyway (especially with the constant Puzzle Box threat).

Yes, solium can be bitch at times.

It's the main reason why I prefer not to take a big early lead (not that I had the chance here). Makes you a magnet for anything and everything people can do to hurt you.

Rinox, all your lovely stuff belongs to us.

All your base, surely?

All his base belongs to me.

Network Hub
    The prospect of all that real estate being up for grabs so late in the game makes the SI player in me positively giddy. It's just too bad that I had to die to free it up.

With +3 for Akasha, +4 for the Marquis (Helio apparently?) and +4 for Tikey everthing's split up nice and even.

I'm not in this game, I'm just chatty.

And Mephisto is still being stubborn about getting out the way!

Well, we'll have to do something about it!

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

/pleasekeepmycaps