Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 107
  1. #61
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Whadya got?
    A desire for an answer that explains the original assertion with some basis of common sense & reasoning behind it.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 25-01-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

  2. #62
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Unaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Shooop the thread largely got closed because of your posts BTW. I recommend you follow Jim's advice and curb your enthusiasm before you find yourself sitting things out for a couple of weeks.
    I think it would be fairer to say that that thread was closed due to the behaviour and tone of many people in the thread, rather than claiming to know the motivations of Mr Rissignol and the reasons for the closure, and singling out an individual. And Shooop does have something of a point... you do seem to be wilfully ignoring your own, at times, quite deplorable behaviour here on the forums. As well as your use of fallacy in arguments, accusations and ad-homs etc. It really isn't conducive to a friendly atmosphere if 'one side' is (falsely, and disingenuously) claiming complete innocence.

    Also...

    Last edited by Unaco; 25-01-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

  3. #63
    Lesser Hivemind Node Shooop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    912
    In any case I'm asking this thread to get closed. Because now it's turning into a blame game and that's probably the last thing Jim wanted.
    Last edited by Shooop; 25-01-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Grammar! Again!
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

  4. #64
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,332
    Was trying to avoid this thread as I am probably one of the people who can be possibly seen as occasionally standing almost kind of close to over the line on the "Be Excellent Rule" (but only if you are stupid, because we all know I am perfect and what nots :p).

    Rule of thumb: If you are just posting to bitch about someone else, don't do it. Go do something else. Post on something else. Play a game. Watch some porn and make man-mayo, whatever. The people who are "bad" will stick out like sore thumbs and be murdered by the lawnmower man and things will resolve itself without any input whatsoever.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  5. #65
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    I think it would be fairer to say that that thread was closed due to the behaviour and tone of many people in the thread, rather than claiming to know the motivations of Mr Rossignol and the reasons for the closure, and singling out an individual. And Shooop does have something of a point... you do seem to be wilfully ignoring your own, at times, quite deplorable behaviour here on the forums. As well as your use of fallacy in arguments, accusations and ad-homs etc. It really isn't conducive to a friendly atmosphere if 'one side' is (falsely, and disingenuously) claiming complete innocence.
    If you don't like what I say or how I post and feel it contravenes the site rules in some way at times there's a 'report post' button in the bottom left corner (black triangle with the exclamation point). Jim reads all of those reports, and adjudges accordingly. Why else do you think that thread got locked, but for the fact people like myself reported the posts?
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

  6. #66
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Unaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    If you don't like what I say or how I post and feel it contravenes the site rules in some way at times there's a 'report post' button in the bottom left corner (black triangle with the exclamation point). Jim reads all of those reports, and adjudges accordingly. Why else do you think that thread got locked, but for the fact people like myself reported the posts?
    Similarly, I guess, if Shooop had been solely or mostly responsible for the closure of the previous thread, Jim would have called him out on it, ne? Sometimes though, it isn't just about contravening the Rules. It's about the tone of posts. And, as I said previously, your wilful denial of any involvement, and your listing of various issues with the forums of which you have been guilty yourself, while claiming innocence, can be quite galling to people... especially those you are debating with at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

  7. #67
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,181
    Lovely weather around here. Sunny but a bit chilly. A nice change from yesterday's terrible heat.

  8. #68
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Lovely weather around here. Sunny but a bit chilly. A nice change from yesterday's terrible heat.
    Fucking cold as a witch's tit here, seemingly making up for the hottest year on record for 2012.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  9. #69
    Lesser Hivemind Node Shooop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    912
    We've seeing ups and downs all over. Three days ago the sun was out, most the snow was gone, and temperatures were in the 40s. Now we've got snow again and it's struggling to stay above double-digits.

    And people forget how to drive when it's snowing only after 2 days of it not. At least 2 highway multi-car pileups.


    Well that's certainly a mood-killer isn't it?
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

  10. #70
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,221
    I saw a mubcrab the other day.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

  11. #71
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Still doesn't beat Frankenstorm and the week after it.

    Simultaneous Nor'easter plus tropical hurricane, then unseasonable warmth of 60 degrees Fahrenheit, then flash-freeze and a blizzard. God's a dick.

    An excellent​ dick.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  12. #72
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,077
    Filthy creatures. The mudcrabs, not you guys.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

  13. #73
    Lesser Hivemind Node Shooop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    Filthy creatures. The mudcrabs, not you guys.
    Lies!



    ...Wait, no. You were right.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

  14. #74
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    I saw a mubcrab the other day.
    The kind that talks and has a lot of money for transactions or the other kind?

  15. #75
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    Similarly, I guess, if Shooop had been solely or mostly responsible for the closure of the previous thread, Jim would have called him out on it, ne? Sometimes though, it isn't just about contravening the Rules. It's about the tone of posts. And, as I said previously, your wilful denial of any involvement, and your listing of various issues with the forums of which you have been guilty yourself, while claiming innocence, can be quite galling to people... especially those you are debating with at the time.
    I'm not claiming innocence over anything Unaco, but after a while it gets a little bit galling to be constantly accused of being a shill/apologist/hypocrite etc, etc, ad infinitum, simply because I'm not prepared to wholeheartedly subscribe to the latest group think on the evilness of EA or the entire corruption of the gaming press without some actual assessment of the evidence and consideration as to its worth.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 25-01-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

  16. #76
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Unaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I'm not claiming innocence over anything Unaco, but after a while it gets a little bit galling to be constantly accused of being a shill/apologist/hypocrite etc, etc, ad infinitum
    If you don't like what people say about you, and feel it contravenes the site rules in some way at times there's a 'report post' button in the bottom left corner (black triangle with the exclamation point). Jim reads all of those reports, and adjudges accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

  17. #77
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    If you don't like what people say about you, and feel it contravenes the site rules in some way at times there's a 'report post' button in the bottom left corner (black triangle with the exclamation point). Jim reads all of those reports, and adjudges accordingly.
    I can tell you from experience that Kadayi is familiar with the report button.

    Intimate, even.

    Were I a cynical man, I'd posit that it's just another tool in the internet debate toolbox.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  18. #78
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    If you don't like what people say about you, and feel it contravenes the site rules in some way at times there's a 'report post' button in the bottom left corner (black triangle with the exclamation point). Jim reads all of those reports, and adjudges accordingly.
    I do with alarming regularity these days. I'm not alone in that regard either.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 25-01-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

  19. #79
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    We've seeing ups and downs all over. Three days ago the sun was out, most the snow was gone, and temperatures were in the 40s. Now we've got snow again and it's struggling to stay above double-digits.

    And people forget how to drive when it's snowing only after 2 days of it not. At least 2 highway multi-car pileups.


    Well that's certainly a mood-killer isn't it?
    YES! This is an excellent post by my standards.
    However, kadayi bashing will bring you nowhere. I dont know if its from not really knowing your way around these forums or if its from pure "OMG I HAVE TO REACT" attitude you seem to have, kads as well as you have valid points to bring throughout your forum life. Yes, stuff kad says is sometimes annoying (to you), but in order to bring a point across, I think everyone should take a step back and realise that they are typing in words on a computer, and the others are doing just the same.

    Kads has been banned before for some nonexcellent stuff, I agree that he says some pretty provocative stuff, but sadly, its always the people that feel provoked that are horribly being unsensible and calling names. Not that I say you are, but you generally tend to try to bring down a thread on "silliness" and "everyone agrees that xyz". RPS forums, unmoderated as they are right now, are not the right place for that.

    Ive seen you post on other sites, its always the same.. flavour, shall we call it. And its mostly negative, destroying, in some instances even. People here know better than to let them get bested by negativists and "discussion destroyers" (Im being overly dramatic, sorry), but it would be awesomely fucking awesome, if you could just get over the fact that kads likes to poke you for science -for the sake of discussion- and actually give a meaningful answer, which everyone, no matter how new they are, is allowed and encouraged, and most importantly ABLE to give.

    Shooop. I love you. Dont diss anyone, they have valid points, just as valid as yours.
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  20. #80
    Lesser Hivemind Node Shooop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    912
    I'm a bit taken back by that Quanta. I appreciate the mediation, because I'm really not happy about the verbal sparring I've had with Kad and anyone else here.

    They do have valid points. I've explicitly agreed with them on some of them. But it's really counter-productive for someone to tell me I'm a "fanboy" just because I say I say I don't like one thing more than other because I'm judging them on actions first and then possible actions instead of both equally. I'm probably guilty of the same to an extent. I'm certainly not proud about that and I won't deny it. I'm working on that, sorry.

    For some positive thinking, come visit the "Where Are They Now? Game Features That Went MIA" thread. We're looking back at things we liked in games of the past we'd like to see again in the future.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •