Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think I could do that, actually, I'm going to give it a proper go next time I have the opportunity to test my skills. What killed me was, and I just tested this, that flying on the side turns the gal's thrust so much that you end up being as wide in relation to your heading as if you'd flown in normally and I didn't expect that when going underneath the pipes over a small crevice to the south west leading into the impact site.

Activated Node
    No one has mentioned how much easier you can ram people with Precision?

You have an ESF flying close, and you just whip right around and smack it with your wing. Even easier to do against libs.

There was a hilarious video I saw of it being done.

Oh, and then there is The Fortress:

Problem is you can only go about 10km/h and you die easy to tank fire.
    Last edited by innociv; 25-01-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by innociv View Post
    Oh, and then there is The Fortress:
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...AFBF892334B5C/

Problem is you can only go about 10km/h and you die easy to tank fire.
    This + Burster MAXs and Annihilators / rock on launchers! I know what I'm planning on Monday...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    You forgot that you can put engineers on top to repair it. =p

And when you're so close to Aircraft, the NC MAX AV guns work well too as well for bombing vehicles. (TR and VS are too slow)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by innociv View Post
    You forgot that you can put engineers on top to repair it. =p
    So much this!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...landing.72633/

A long post about galaxy drops and deaths. Seems 230m is the sweet spot. Good read. Hopefully this will get fixed sometime.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Galaxy suggestions:

I played the galaxy a lot, much in beta that after release.

- The galaxy want to be slow, when it fly slow, you can do any crazy thing with it.
    - Practice with it a lot, so you can perfect things like landing. This is easy to do, just pick one, and drive around, land in places.
    - It can suffer a lot of damage, but die quick if hit by MBT tank shells.
    - If you get passengers, and you don't plan to land, only fly over the target area. Warn people before starting.
    - You can, of course, ram enemy ESF that try to fly directly to you. With less success, you can stop if the esf follow you, and have the ESF crash on you. You will get very littel damage by haveng ESF crash on you.

Theres not much to learn here, only how to land safetelly and preciselly.

Obscure Node
    Are they much the same as PS1 Gals or are they a totally different beast now? In 1, I used to fly gals all the time and became particularly adept at landing them in stupid places for emergency evacuation of squads.

Somehow I get the impression that the new version is going to be less forgiving of clipping the odd tree or rock?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    It's very easy to get it to flip and crash and burn, if you hit the terrain somehow. It can take quite a beating though, so unless you manage to land it upside down it's rather forgiving. You will want to invest in the agility aiframe or whatever it's called though. I know Orius and Ridebird swear by it anyway, possibly our other regular gal-pilots, like Cortosis, MitchK and Cooper too?

I can't help you with the comparison between PS1 and 2 as I never played the first one, but Esoteric has pretty much summed up how they are. I imagine if you're a fan of flying it won't take you long to get accustomed to it!

Definitely invest certs in the precision drop frame if you want to fly them often, it's pretty essential in my opinion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Also you can fly it and give no fucks. People always think I'm gonna crash when I curve around trees or slam in to stuff. Galaxy doesn't care.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Similar enough.

Back in beta (when Gals had the AMS) I used to nestle my Gal under the bridge to the south of the Crown. It's an incredibly tight space, but it could be done.

It's an odd feeling though. They are more nimble (they roll and pitch much better than PS1) and with some practice you can pull off some great stunts (the one thing I'm liking about our new WG is swooping about in the canyons in a Gal. Terrifying for passengers. but fun.) It is possible in these new gals to shake an ESF in the way you never could in PS1.

They glitch out on outcrops occasionally due to some buggy wing physics, but more of less they are as robust. You can slam them into the ground and onto buildings. I often scrape up against control towers as I land or pull off.

But they have a lot more inertia behind them. Pulling off sharp stops is near impossible. Get the precision drops airframe...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I have to add: the changed the landing system so that you "autoland" as soon as you hit a specific low altitude. It makes precision landings impossible.

Atleast Im glad that this thread is seeing use. Also, galflying is fun. I fly a gal more often than my Eva, strangely enough.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I am still thinking about what guns to buy for my Gal. Any ideas? I think top gun should be the walker-AA-thing?

Network Hub
    the top gun should definitely be a walker, I'm less sold on the other positions but people seem to like the side mounted Bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by ridebird View Post
    also you can fly it and give no fucks. People always think i'm gonna crash when i curve around trees or slam in to stuff. Galaxy doesn't care.

battle gal!

gal..
    gal.. gal..
    al.. al.. l.. l..
    Last edited by NickWhite; 21-02-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Network Hub
    We should try something like this on the next Funny Monday

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    /tell from Starkey BATTLEGALS ARE FOREVER

as they fly in over Split Peak

10 seconds later, engaging a mossie - Starkey crashes and kills half of BURP
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    This was an inspring video, despite the god-awful music:

I'd like to try this for real some time. I have started kitting my Galaxy out a bit lately, with precision drop, fire suppression, buldogs all that jazz. Still haven't got the IR optic for the bulldogs though I know some others do.

Dewi and CMaster both gunned my Gal bulldogs briefly last night over a Tech Plant, it does work well providing there's not too much anti-air. I would like to try having all guns manned like in the video, I think they have real gunship potential as long as you have the top and rear walkers on standby to swat ESFs!

I was planning to get the IR for the bulldogs a long time ago, but I'd heard the range on it was pretty terrible. It doesn't seem too bad on that vid though.