Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Silly Mondays: The giraffes try something different.

What: Rock Planet Shotgun (or at least some members of) try doing something in Planetside that's a little different. Probably not the most efficient, or the easiest to pull off, but hopefully pretty entertaining.

Where: Miller, probably starting out at a warpgate. Also, the RPS community mumble server.

When: Irregular mondays, normally at 20:00 for approx 1 hour.
    Next Silly Monday: 07/07/2014
    How does it look?
    Something like this (playlist):

Who makes this happen?:
    Anybody who wants to. Just chrip up either in game on Mondays, or preferably mention in advance in this thread and I will update this top post.

What behaviour is expected of me?:
    To join in the spirit of things and give whatever is happening a go. To understand that some of what we're doing takes time and a bit of patience. To recognise that while we're not playing the game seriously, other people may be, and it is still not acceptable to open fire on other Vanu (excluding RPS members as part of an activity).

Old:
    Basically, following on from this thread, the idea is that people gather up and do something a little unusual on the side. Unlike other nights such as Wednesday and Thursday, I'm going to put a time limit on this one - we'll finish by 22:00 at the latest, and earlier if we get what we want done. Equally, the "silly squad" will be a breakaway group, while everyone who just wants to play the game can carry on with things.

Some of what we try and do in these sessions will involve careful planning and arrangement, and possibly practice by key members ahead of time. Some will just involve everyone massing up and doing something at once. Everything that I aim for should be useful to the empire in some way, just perhaps not the most useful.

For the first event, I'll be taking the lead. Exact plans to go up at later date. I'd like to see other people taking this idea and running with it as well.
    Last edited by CMaster; 06-07-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Ah, This sounds like so much fun, but Mondays are not good for me. Sad Giraffe. T_T
    SadGiraffe.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I really like this idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

|You can count me in on this one. Time to practice my Danger Lib Mine Dive Maneuver. Also, we totally need to stick a sunday on a Gal, deploy it, and fly the gal round as a moveable spawn hub. Win

I thought every other night was silly giraffe night? My german lessons should attest to that.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

It's certainly not Monday but... Well... This happened....

2013-01-27_00008.jpg 2013-01-27_00006.jpg 2013-01-27_00003.jpg 2013-01-27_00002.jpg

Myself and Mitch perilously wobbling our way across the continent of Esamir. Managed to draw quite a crowd in the end! Fellow VS flocking to see the fabled flying giraffes. At one point we saw a Mosquito headed for us and assumed we were brown bread, only for him to slow down, examine us a bit and fly away /YELLing LOL at us.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    It's certainly not Monday but... Well... This happened....

2013-01-27_00008.jpg 2013-01-27_00006.jpg 2013-01-27_00003.jpg 2013-01-27_00002.jpg

Myself and Mitch perilously wobbling our way across the continent of Esamir. Managed to draw quite a crowd in the end! Fellow VS flocking to see the fabled flying giraffes. At one point we saw a Mosquito headed for us and assumed we were brown bread, only for him to slow down, examine us a bit and fly away /YELLing LOL at us.
    TR Cam:

Well if you saw something like this would you shoot it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    TR Cam:
    Love this!

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Mitch and I repeated Nicks antics when he had to disconnect for some reason, managing to land an ammo sundy on the biolab from the bridge. It was a slow journey flying, as depicted above, magestically through the skies.

A few of the RPS guys came and took a look, though unfortunately I have no screenshots of this part! We managed to find a bug, which somebody suggested should be reported, that if you drove the sundy inside, it got stuck and became unusable!

GIRAFFE1.jpgGIRAFFE3.jpg
    The approach and set-up ^
    The final shot V

GIRAFFE2.jpg
    Sorry for the shitty small images, but screenshots werent working for some reason (?) so I had to use the awful in game recorder and take some stills.

Flying the sundy onto the platform is possibly not going to be possible anymore soon, due to the biolab changes. Nice pics though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    2013-01-28_00001copy.jpg

Flying Giraffe Squadron - Bus-Surfers of the world, unite and take over
    Last edited by tonyferrino; 28-01-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Well I was about to ask what the following was about since I was only online briefly, but I think I have a rough idea now;

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Well I was about to ask what the following was about since I was only online briefly, but I think I have a rough idea now;[/video]
    I was carrying roughly three squads' worth of mines and explosives, along with the infantry that dropped them (and burstermaxes), but took a buttload of flak fire as I began to enter the render range of the amp station at a hearty speed of 7km/h, so we never actually made it to the destination. But it was still funny. Thanks to CMaster for setting it all up, can't wait for next time.

This. Thread. <3
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Super Flash Bros Melee! I really like the look of this, shamed to have missed it.

Super Knife Fight Night also sounds like a good idea, shame it has to be Giraffe on Giraffe though. If only there was a way to deploy massed knives against the enemy as well... hotdrop knife-wielding infiltrators on a defended building/ the crown perhaps?

Watch in 1080!

*Cough*

Wow I didn't realise you couldn't even see the tracers. My hud flared up like a baboon's rear at the time I said I started to take fire and went from 100% to 10% in seconds. No wonder you were surprised!